Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Mike & the Lion., Did Mike actually hit a lion?< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
AudioDuck Offline

Group: Members
Posted: April 17 2009, 14:10

Hi,

I've just ordered a copy of "Changeling" (I know, I'm a bit late) and in one of the reviews it states that Mike is amused by physically beating a lion.

Is this true? If so, I don't want to read the book.

They say that you should never meet your heroes. I've been a fan of Mike's for as long as I can remember. I'd hate to think that he's capable of animal cruelty... :/

--------------
www.mmguitars.co.uk
Profile PM 
Airborne Offline

Posted: April 17 2009, 15:21

It is true and was a form of self defence against the animal in question. I don't think it was actually cruelty but a way of keeping the animal from doing a lot of harm to people. Phillip Newell still has scars from this animal and if it wasn't for the beating it got in return Phillip would not be around to give us the benefit of his vast knowledge.

Read the book, the lion does not suffer AFAIK.
Profile PM 
ex member 419 Offline

Posted: April 17 2009, 22:19

Mike is anti violence, and same goes for his association with clyde, as the lion grew its natural aggression kicked in, what mike did would be like tapping a pup on the nose for biting, he loved clyde and sent him to appropriate housing,deb
Profile PM 
The Caveman Offline

Posted: April 20 2009, 04:19

As i read it he sent it on to Branson's office!Now that's appropriate housing :laugh:

I had heard rumours that Mike had a lion but laughed it off as just plain daft......untill i read Changling.In fairness it was only for a few days (although the way Mike has written it makes it seem longer)but it still had time to cause trouble.I love the part where Mike describes his dogs' reaction when Clyde roared.Good old Wellington.

--------------
THE COMING OF THE GREAT WHITE HANDKERCHEIF IS NIGH.
Profile PM 
ex member 419 Offline

Posted: April 20 2009, 05:30

:p you could say richard branson copped the lions share of mikes sense of humour!  deb
Profile PM 
The Caveman Offline

Posted: April 20 2009, 09:32

That really is terrible Deb! :laugh:

--------------
THE COMING OF THE GREAT WHITE HANDKERCHEIF IS NIGH.
Profile PM 
Dirk Star Offline

Posted: April 20 2009, 11:14

At least he didn`t take it lion down.....Good grief!

I`m sure I remember reading that Mike once took to shooting some ducks by a lake outside of his house because they were getting on his nerves or something.NME interview I think,around the time Amarok was released?It`s a pity he didn`t live round these parts,he could take out a few charvas with his "air rifle"..Yesterday my wife was threatened with a machete by a ten year old kid on a BMX...Slightly more irritating than some ducks that`s for sure.
Profile PM 
6 replies since April 17 2009, 14:10 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net