Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (2) < [1] 2 >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Whats going on at mikeoldfield.com, New design or what< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Thomas Höögh Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Jan. 06 2004, 14:44

Earlier today I visited http://www.mikeoldfield.com it all looked liked normal.

A couple of minutes ago the URL didn't exist and now there is a big cube on the front side.

Is there a new design on the way alongside with the "Tube World" or what the name now will be.

--------------
Crazy, terrible, wonderful, perfect!!!!

I just love Tubular Bells |||
Profile PM WEB 
Mlokie Offline

Posted: Jan. 06 2004, 15:48

I noticed the same, the whole content is gone.. I don't know, maybe it's a dns problem. I don't think that this "Design and Creation" has something to do with Mike.
Profile PM 
Thomas Höögh Offline

Posted: Jan. 06 2004, 16:21

the link on the enter button on the cube links to www.mikeoldfield.com/interface.html

so somehow the cube is conected to Mike Oldfield

--------------

Profile PM WEB 
Mlokie Offline

Posted: Jan. 06 2004, 16:29

The linking to the file "interface.html" doesn't mean it has something to do with the domain mikeoldfield.com.
Btw, the server is down right now again. I'm curious what's going on there..
Profile PM 
Thomas Höögh Offline

Posted: Jan. 06 2004, 17:08

Mlokie: The link goes to www.mikeoldfield.com/interface.html so there is a quite big connection to the domain www.mikeoldfield.com I think.

But they are very slow to do whatever they are going to do. Nothing have happened for hours.

--------------

Profile PM WEB 
lp
Unregistered

Posted: Jan. 06 2004, 17:17

"Design and Creation" Is run by Fanny Oldfield who desinged the site
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: Jan. 06 2004, 17:30

The link goes to /interface.html - it just appears to go to www.mikeoldfield.com/interface.html :)

A subtle difference of course, but an important one, as it's the front page of the design and creation website there, which has just been transplanted to mikeoldfield.com...

I think that's about all I can say without letting out something I shouldn't!
Profile PM 
a_r_schulz Offline

Posted: Jan. 06 2004, 18:24

Let's hope they are at least not following http://www.nasa.gov and start to optimize the site for broadband connections...
- though broadband would make things really easier if they really provide TubeWorld (or whatever they call it now) for download.
I'd expect around 50 Megs, if it's really much more complex than TresLunas..
Profile PM WEB 
TOBY Offline

Posted: Jan. 07 2004, 17:59

I just did a search with the words 'design' 'creation' and 'oldfield'. Aswell as coming up with Fanny Oldfield's little site it also came up with this URL www.montaignac.com. It appears this French digital artist did work on TSODE aswell as MVR. Even more strangely he has also done design work for both Jean-Michel Jarre and Vangelis.
Profile PM 
Sir Mustapha Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: Jan. 08 2004, 05:30

Cube? Hmm... Is anyone thinking... Cubular Bells?

--------------
Check out http://ferniecanto.com.br for all my music, including my latest albums: Don't Stay in the City, Making Amends and Builders of Worlds.
Also check my Bandcamp page: http://ferniecanto.bandcamp.com
Profile PM WEB 
olracUK Offline

Posted: Jan. 08 2004, 08:21

Oi.. Korgscrew, what's the point in teasing us with "i might let out something i shouldn't"?
Either tell us why the sites down (i guess for a major new look, with the new game up) or keep the secret.
Now I'm going to have to keep logging on every hour or so to see what's happening! :(

--------------
The answer is 42 - but what is the question?
Profile PM 
TOBY Offline

Posted: Jan. 08 2004, 09:30

The cube is just part of Fanny Oldfield's design page. It will just be there to fill the void inbetween new pages being put up, I wouldn't attach any great significance to it.

OracUK I wouldn't leap down Korgscrews throat just because he didn't spoil the suprise letting out whatever inside info he is privy to. Obviously they are doing something to the site (at long last) so lets just wait and see. Have patience, afterall it could be days or even weeks before anything happens.
Profile PM 
Korgscrew Offline

Posted: Jan. 08 2004, 09:33

I'd not bother checking too often if I were you, it may stay this way for some time.

There ought to be some updates on the cards, but what's going on at the moment doesn't really fit the pattern. I can speculate, but I'm not going to.
Profile PM 
timshen Offline

Posted: Jan. 08 2004, 10:49

I agree Korgscrew - best not to speculate (I think I know what you're thinking...I've had the same thought).

Hope site comes up again soon  :cool:

--------------
Expect Great Things.
Attempt Great Things.
Profile PM 
Korgscrew Offline

Posted: Jan. 08 2004, 13:35

Actually, in saying it doesn't fit the pattern, I think really it just doesn't fit the pattern I'd follow...

I have a better idea of what's going on now. I think it's nothing untoward, just a few technical changes. There might be a few interesting things on their way, but don't be too dissappointed if nothing much materialises...
Profile PM 
Korgscrew Offline

Posted: Jan. 08 2004, 14:55

...and back it comes.

The bulletin board and a few other things which were previously in the cgi-bin directory are still not there, but the rest of mikeoldfield.com is now happily installed in its new home. There may yet be a change in store.
Profile PM 
olracUK Offline

Posted: Jan. 08 2004, 18:03

Sorry Korgscrew, i wasn't aiming to jump down your throat, more sort of poised on the edge in anticipation.  :/

--------------
The answer is 42 - but what is the question?
Profile PM 
TOBY Offline

Posted: Jan. 09 2004, 05:52

It'll be a crying shame and a wasted opertunity if they don't put together a decent website for the release of MVR2. I don't mean any disrespect to whoever designed MO.com but it is crap by todays standards, it looks like the sort of website design you got about 6 or 7 years ago. How are people meant to feel inspired by it? Thats afterall what Mike needs to aim at doing if he's going to attract people from beyond the fan base to buy MVR2.
Profile PM 
Korgscrew Offline

Posted: Jan. 09 2004, 12:00

Fanny continues to work on the site...

The Tres Lunas active avatars bulletin board has now been replaced by a new version. The Tube World board has been removed for the moment, to return when some avatars have been chosen for the new game.

The link to the forums has also gone...we'll have to wait and see whether they return or not.

You can leave any comments you have on the new bulletin board here - Tim, the author, will I'm sure be keen to hear what you have to say!
Profile PM 
TOBY Offline

Posted: Jan. 10 2004, 11:38

I wouldn't exactly say the new bulletin board is a work of design genius, it looks nice and its good that you can include bigger messages, but its less than clear what avatars people are using. It would help if they got rid of that black background.
Profile PM 
35 replies since Jan. 06 2004, 14:44 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (2) < [1] 2 >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net