Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: 666, Not another 666!< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Silver Negus Offline

Group: Members
Posted: April 20 2009, 09:05

Within the last few months I noticed that there was a lot of consistent empahasism with the number 6 in my life.  Firstly, there was a time in March where in my shopping came to £6.66. The cashier said 'quick by a lottery scratchcard!' After, my freind said she had her landline phone number changed. The last three numbers were 666. I laughed not believing her, and she laughed saying that her husband had laughed himself when they got their new number. The most odd part was when I assumed my mobile phone was malfunctioning, because it was beeping and had a lot of 6666666666 typed on the screen, without me going near the thing. Other stuff happened so although it sounds weird I asked someone about the actual symbolic meaning of the number 6, she said it's the symbol of 'care.'  Now the date for the bell ringing to mark the release of the 're-awakening of Tubular Bells' happens to be at 6PM on the 6 of June.-666.

Can we not have a different number please :laugh:
Profile PM 
Matt Offline

Group: Admins
Posted: April 20 2009, 09:34

Similar thing happens to me sometimes but for me the number is "3.14". I'll either glance at the time and it'll be 3:14 or my lunch will tot up to 3.14 or similar. Maybe he should have announced the album on 14th March!

Might have something to do with having pi to 1000 digits pinned above my bed as a child but it's weird just the same...

--------------
"I say I say I say I say, what's got three bottles and five eyes and no legs and two wheels"
Profile PM 
Silver Negus Offline

Posted: April 20 2009, 09:57

I'll add to the 'pi' then, 3.142
Profile PM 
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Posted: April 20 2009, 11:13

Getting 25 on 6.6.6 wasn't too bad...later that year...I finally had the chance to see Mike performing live!

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
Sir Mustapha Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: April 20 2009, 13:54

Quote (Matt @ April 20 2009, 09:34)
Similar thing happens to me sometimes but for me the number is "3.14". I'll either glance at the time and it'll be 3:14 or my lunch will tot up to 3.14 or similar. Maybe he should have announced the album on 14th March!

Makes sense, after all, you can't make decent tubes without a good dose of 3.14 in it!

Cylindrical coordinates also help.

--------------
Check out http://ferniecanto.com.br for all my music, including my latest albums: Don't Stay in the City, Making Amends and Builders of Worlds.
Also check my Bandcamp page: http://ferniecanto.bandcamp.com
Profile PM WEB 
smillsoid Offline

Posted: April 20 2009, 14:00

The weather-vane broadcasts police messages.  It's all to do with the number 9.  Three sixes are 18 - 1 + 8 = 9!  

It was all on ITV3 just a couple of nights ago!!!

--------------
http://www.reverbnation.com/simonjmills
Profile PM WEB 
ex member 419 Offline

Posted: April 22 2009, 04:49

:D cue the twilght zone theme maestro....deb
Profile PM 
smillsoid Offline

Posted: April 22 2009, 14:35

No no no!  "Hammer House of Horror"!

--------------
Profile PM WEB 
ex member 419 Offline

Posted: April 23 2009, 01:57

:p rightio! gloves are off...mike cue the exorcist theme babe! i think the guys want a thrill! deb
Profile PM 
ex member 419 Offline

Posted: April 25 2009, 04:56

:D those bells will be ringing all over the world on the 8 june, the man is back! deb
Profile PM 
smillsoid Offline

Posted: April 26 2009, 16:16

YIPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

--------------
Profile PM WEB 
ex member 892 Offline

Posted: May 18 2009, 16:22

That's weird, I see the number 6:24 all the time... interesting because that's the length of Comfortably Numb by Pink Floyd... :O
Profile PM 
Scatterplot Offline

Posted: May 19 2009, 15:23

I got locked out for 5 days here after my 666th post. It was cold. It was raining. I was hungry. I was cold. I was horny. After wandering the streets trying to fathom my outcast state and wandering into a plane bound for England, Brian May put me in his spare guest room for the next 4 days. He, I and Paul Rodgers drank, smoked and talked of the forthcoming Queen+Paul Rodgers album. I tried to tell them the songs sounded bad, "don't do this" I said. On the 2nd day Sirs George Martin and Paul McCartney visited and brought me aspirin and Gatorade to revive me from my fever. On the 3rd day Annie Haslam(Renaissance), Phil Collins and Mike Rutherford came to see how I was. Brian, Mike and Phil began Jamming while me and Annie came up with some ideas for lyrics. Those recordings from that day are still being negotiated. Annie and I came up with the lyrics inspired by Eddy and how he is the most genetically perfect life-form Terra ever produced. The cover of the CD was to be Eddy. Who knows? One day. On the 4th day Tony Banks, Jon Lord and Rick Wakeman came by to visit before I left for home. They got into a big fight about thier playing, egos and who was best in the 70's. I sided with Jon Lord because he seemed big enough to kick tiny Tony and moderate Rick's asses both. Besides I love Machine Head. I got on my flight(via Jon Lord's car and much vodka from the car's bar) knowing all would be well. And it was. Here I am pushing 1000 posts. You're not buying any of this are you? Oh well.....It was all the result of my 666th post. A real adventure based on a meaningless number.
Jim
PS: Did you know Stanley Kubrick was asked to direct the Exorcist and passed on it(MO tie-in)? Yeah, Steven Spielberg told me that on the plane ride home. Then he asked me about my ideas on how Jurassic Park 4 should unfold...having seen the other 3 movies several times, I gave him a good plot. Look for it in theaters this summer(tentatively-maybe fall).

--------------
We raise our voices in the night
Crying to heaven
And will our voices be heard
Or will they break Like the wind
Profile PM 
smillsoid Offline

Posted: May 19 2009, 21:40

Kubrick only passed on The Exorcist, because they wouldn't let him film it in England.  I'm glad he didn't direct it; it would have been a blot on a stainless career.

--------------
Profile PM WEB 
Scatterplot Offline

Posted: May 20 2009, 11:59

I agree. All-in-all the Exorcist, while it had the "shock value" for the time(1973), I remember hearing on the news about people vomiting in the theaters....now it is lame. It's like Bugs Bunny or Disney compared to today's horror flicks. The novel was grotesque tho. I went to Catholic school for one year 1973-74 school year simply because it was tame.....and lame. Having had a benign brain tumor removed, my Dr. did not want me getting beaten up in rough public school due to the craniotomy-missing piece of skull in the back of my head(to remove the tumor). But my classroom friend Ralph, smuggled into school a copy of the book which was banned by the church. William Peter Blatty "The Exorcist". Oh man, the entertainment value when it was confiscated! It had references to human bodies hanging from meat-hooks, etc. Much more demonic attacks on the church than the movie. I think Ralph took the blame. But I did read the bulk of the book while it was available. Just a fond, funny memory....with a MO and SK tie-in. Then we had our 8th grade graduation dance. Smoke on the Water was the tune everyone wanted to hear live by the band on hand. "Rush" was their name. Not a bad band they hired, which played well. Since they were American and no Geddy Lee(sp) was present, I can only assume they dissolved quickly or changed their name.

--------------
We raise our voices in the night
Crying to heaven
And will our voices be heard
Or will they break Like the wind
Profile PM 
14 replies since April 20 2009, 09:05 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net