[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: 38 hour Mike Oldfield-athon!< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Estathi Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Nov. 08 2013, 08:27

Hello everyone!

ONE WEEK TO THE MIKE-ATHLON!

I'm running 26 miles and listening non-stop to EVERY Mike Oldfield song ever recorded (all 38 HOURS of it!;) to raise money for the following very worthy UK charities...

St Elizabeth Hospice
East Anglia's Children's Hospices (EACH)
Children in Need

I'd appreciate any donations that my fellow fans may be able to assist with - even £1 will help these great charities.
Thank you :)

Sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/TheMikeathlon

Spread the MO love!
Profile PM 
Estathi Offline

Posted: Nov. 08 2013, 08:28

I'd appreciate any assistance with suggestions for the song I should start and finish with!
Profile PM 
GusFogle Offline

Posted: Nov. 11 2013, 14:17

If you're running 26 miles, won't it take far less than 38 hours to reach the finish line? Even if you WALKED a leisurely 2 miles an hour, it would still only take 13 hours. So there's probably quite a bit of stuff you can skip over...Tres Lunas, Light + Shade, Guitars, etc. come to mind.

Either way, I suggest timing it so you can end with the glorious chorus in the last minute of Amarok. I can't think of a more inspirational way to cross the finish line.
Profile PM WEB 
Estathi Offline

Posted: Nov. 15 2013, 01:49

Hi Gus - I'm running 26 miles (in four chunks) whilst listening to all 38 hours of the music - so I won't miss a note :)

I have opted for an Amarok finale to the whole event, and agree that I could think of a better way to finish.

For the penultimate hour I've picked all my favourite individual tracks (North Star, Top Of The Morning, First Excursion, Mont St Michel, FMO, and others) so after an epic 24 hours so far the next 14 are going to end on a blinder!
Profile PM 
3 replies since Nov. 08 2013, 08:27 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net