Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: ... more important things to say ...< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
lord_raiden Offline

Group: Members
Posted: May 18 2000, 18:50

After I read several (mean almost half of all) topics, I decided to write more of my feelings about Mike Oldfield, the long journey he did, his music and future. Please be tolerant to my English, the article is difficult to me, but the topic is much more important.

I heard Mike's music accidentally in radio. It was song The Bell from Tubular Bells II. I didn't notice the author or album, where it was from, but that music stayed in my mind for almost one month. I hadn't heard it for a long time then. After half a year (maybe more) I visited my cousin. We were listening some music before we get to bed. There I recognized the same style of music, when I heard Tubular Bells I and I asked, who did this. That's how I met Mike's music. The strange event, I found Mike’s music tells me, that there is something magic in his music, some kind of geniality.

And now, I am missing it in last albums. Every album Mike did I like very, but when I look back, it is fact, that for every new album, it is much more difficult for me to understand it, to remember it, to love it. So I must agree to the voices telling that Mike is going wrong way for a lot of his fans.

Please, Mike, go somewhere, where you will be alone, to the forest, to the mountains, or anywhere else, but be sure not to be disturbed by common problems of a daily life. Just relax, have a nice day, empty your mind.

Don’t make music if you don’t want to. Forget the pressure of your distributor, of your band, of your fans. I'll wait possibly ten years on further album, principally if it'd be once again of such, what we everyone do like.

And what do we like? It’s hard to say, we’re all different, but if you’ll do your best and that work will go from you, not from people around you, it will be great thing for all of your fans. I’m sure; you will know what I mean. All you do is almost unreachable, there’s nobody like you, but we don’t want to listen some DJ’s in albums with YOUR name. Let they make their own albums and we can see what they can do. And, please, compose things that you like, not that we could like.

I’m only a little person to tell you what to do, but trust me, you alone will be much more satisfied with your work, if it will emerge from you, not work which is modified by such amount of people around you.

I know you can do it once again!

Trusting and hoping, one of your truly fans Petr Kantor.

P.s.: I know very well, this article will never go to Mike’s eyes, even his ears, but this is my own way to tell the world that I am Mike’s big fan and I understand, we’re before a new era of his creation. It will be either his glory, or his fall what will soon appear. I hope for another LEGEND like Tubular Bells I, II, and III.

P.s. 2nd. : Please again, be tolerant to my English.
Profile PM 
GMOVJ Offline

Posted: May 19 2000, 03:48

Hi
I agree, and instead of me, you have well and nicely said my though.

PS : And I must admit that I was wrong in some other topic, there are some (not so much, but some) pieces I like in TMB.

--------------
Cheers,
GMOVJ
[URL=http://tubular.fodplanet.com]http://tubular.fodplanet.com[/URL] - The french speaking mailing list
Profile PM WEB 
lord_raiden Offline

Posted: May 19 2000, 17:39

Hi!

Actually, my feelings are little different than that I described, but the difference is so small that I am unable to point on with my humble english.

But, I must say, in TMB, there are also good parts, in fact, I love this album, as I did with all of them, but in previous albums, I was able to remember almost each sound, each fluctuation and while listening, I were always waiting for that parts, which really excited me. In TMB, there is a good music, it has rhytm, but something I still miss.

Maybe after I hear it ten more times, or twenty more times, I'll change my mind again, but now, I rate this album only as average of Mikes potential. But it means, there are only few person, who can equal that quality. Yeah, Jarre's best parts beats TMB, but he never stood near Tubular Bells LEGEND, or Amarok, Hergest Ridge, Voyager, TSODE, Guitars...

The only man, I will listen always is Mike.

So be it.
Profile PM 
2 replies since May 18 2000, 18:50 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net