Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (11) < 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Tubular.net project., An idea that need everyone.< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
MusicallyInspired Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: Mar. 26 2006, 14:15

Your last link is a broken link there, EeToN.

The first link however is beautiful! Nice job!

I also think the idea of creating a good solid theme first and working from it would give a sense of direction. At the moment it seems like a lot of unconnected solos rather than clear musical phrases. Compare something like 'In the Pool' with the slow closing section of TB Part 2 and it's obvious that you couldn't just have the latter as a memorable single on its own.

I agree to a point that so far it's few connected solos from everybody...maybe that could be the whole goal though for this one section. But I do agree that we don't really have a solid theme to work around like Amarok or any other piece has for that matter. (Why do I keep comparing this to Amarok?)

--------------
BrandonBlume.com
"The beauty in life is in the embracing of the variety of things. If all the world was blue there would be no colour blue."
Profile PM WEB 
EeToN Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Mar. 26 2006, 14:19

Quote (MusicallyInspired @ Mar. 25 2006, 07:40)
And I didn't know you played guitar!

I played some already on Cook's Christmas. :) Thanks for your nice comments! Though myself can't bear listening to the part I played yesterday. ;)

--------------
If I were music, I would be Enigmatism.
Profile PM WEB 

Posted: Mar. 26 2006, 14:20

Aw don't say that. It was well-played. I can't believe I forgot Cook's Christmas. That's true you did play guitar on that. And quite well IMO, too.

--------------
BrandonBlume.com
"The beauty in life is in the embracing of the variety of things. If all the world was blue there would be no colour blue."
Profile PM WEB 
EeToN Offline

Posted: Mar. 26 2006, 14:31

Quote (MusicallyInspired @ Mar. 26 2006, 20:15)
Your last link is a broken link there, EeToN.

Fixed. ;)

--------------
If I were music, I would be Enigmatism.
Profile PM WEB 

Posted: Mar. 26 2006, 14:39

Nice re-rendition!

--------------
BrandonBlume.com
Profile PM WEB 
Bill Bobaggins Offline

Posted: Mar. 26 2006, 19:23

I am truly overwhelmed at how beautiful all of this sounds!!!

--------------
Speak friend and enter.
Profile PM 
Wayfarer Offline

Posted: Mar. 26 2006, 20:14

Hi there!

I've just noticed this thread... And of course I would be glad to join the Team!

I'm a percussionist (see www.amadian.com), I can offer bodhrán, belltrees, chimes, a gong, a bowl bell (a real one, not synth) and several ethnic and african drums: darboukas, djembes, a dholak, et cetera...

See you!

-- Wayfarer

--------------
My homepage - www.thewayfarer.info
My search - www.cannotbefound.com
My community - www.taurusiv.net
My luthier - www.artluthier.com
Profile PM WEB 

Posted: Mar. 26 2006, 23:47

African drums and bodhrans? This really is turning into an Amarok!

--------------
BrandonBlume.com
Profile PM WEB 
Wayfarer Offline

Posted: Mar. 27 2006, 02:21

Quote (MusicallyInspired @ Mar. 27 2006, 05:47)
African drums and bodhrans? This really is turning into an Amarok!

Happy?

Hahahaha....

Riiiing riiiing....

Well, I'm just wiping out the dust off my old modeller's toolbox too :-p

-- Wayfarer

--------------
Profile PM WEB 
DarkenedEdo Offline

Posted: Mar. 27 2006, 12:41

Well done Eeton. I'm already working with your files.
Send me the separate files of the first idea of guitar on the first theme too, i got an idea for the reprise of the theme at the end of the quarter.

Tonight i will upload other minutes of the backbone (advanced backbone) of the first quarter.

Wayfarer: start to put down something. As you can listen the mix has less percussion than the original backbone, 'cause i'd like to give the project an "opera dress".

Anyway, about everyone's impression, it's easy to see confusion now, we're just started, the track will be 60 minutes long, and musically we don't know each other.
Anyone can see Amarok, TB, and other things.
The truth is that, even if inspired by Mike Oldfield's work, everyone came from different cultures and musical taste.
There's some Mike Oldfield, some Genesis, some Jarre, some Hankock, some Pink Floyd, A little bit of Danny Elfmann...and a lot of Mozart!!
Now it's the time to fill, when the track will be almost ready, it will be the time to make it slim.
If not we can call it "Lovely confusion in C minor" and one day we can tell our children how much we had fun.

--------------
www.edoardofainello.com :::: www.fayeth.com :::: www.myspace.com/kahman
Profile PM WEB 
oblique Offline

Posted: Mar. 27 2006, 13:31

I was hoping for a Grand Finale in C?

--------------
"While we are alive we should sit among colored lights and taste good wines, and discuss our adventures in far places; when we are dead, the opportunity is past." - Jack Vance
Profile PM 
Ray Offline

Posted: Mar. 27 2006, 15:29

I'm a bit lost as to where we are.  I have part 1 from last week and part 2   I think.  Any chance of an update set of MP3 files - or are they still on the down load site??  Ray

--------------
Looking out over the harbour in Peel.......
Profile PM 

Posted: Mar. 27 2006, 15:46

Ironically, Ray, your post is what I've been worrying about for a while now. There's little organization here that I wish was more present...

Nonetheless the latest file is here

http://www.fayeth.com/Tubular-net/Project-01-01-p2.zip

I think maybe that suggestion that one person had earlier of having seperate threads for each quarter would be a good idea.

--------------
BrandonBlume.com
Profile PM WEB 
Ray Offline

Posted: Mar. 27 2006, 15:55

Part 1 (about 0.07)
VIRTUOSO INTRO
Part 2 (about 1.08)
TRACK THEME
Part 3 (about 2.04)
FANTASY GARDEN
Part 4 (about 3.01)
LEAD THEME
Part 5 (about 4.07)
TRANSITION "A" - THE INDIAN TUNNEL

OK - I think this is where we're at.  It's getting rather full and no room for much more input.

I suggest now that your Side A is doing nicely that another set of people put their input into side B - using the same base.

Coz as will all nice tunes it's too short!!!!!! perhaps a shady side is needed.  Ray

:cool:

--------------
Profile PM 

Posted: Mar. 27 2006, 15:59

I agree with Ray.

--------------
BrandonBlume.com
Profile PM WEB 
DarkenedEdo Offline

Posted: Mar. 27 2006, 17:16

I understand my way of working is a little bit strange and fast. Ehy, i'm a musician, not a manager!!  :)

Anyway, i've almost complete the line of the first quarter.

In the first file you'll find my idea, with some guitars i've recorded (that i don't like very much).
In the second file you'll find the same track without my guitars.
In the second file you will also find a triangle that beat the tempo for who can't put the audio files in a recording program (Cubase, etc.)

So:

From minute 00.01 to 00.036 there's the last part you heard on the first 5 minutes.
From 00.37 to 01.33 there's a theme that will be reprise form 04.23 to 05.20.
From 01.34 to 02.01 you willfind a piece where i've putted my guitars.
From 02.02 to 02.30 there's the brandon's riff reprising the piano riff on the first 5 minutes, and it seems to me that is good in that way.
From 05.21 to 07.04 there's a moment very empty, i think about some funny playing.
From 07.05 to 08.21 there my guitar again.

That's all folks!

Project-01-02-p1 with guitars
Project-01-02-p1 without guitars

--------------
Profile PM WEB 
Ray Offline

Posted: Mar. 27 2006, 17:22

Quote (DarkenedEdo @ Mar. 27 2006, 22:16)
Project-01-02-p1.zip]Project-01-02-p1 with guitars[/URL]
Project-01-02-p1_no_guitars.zip

I think the only problem i have is with your numbering/naming of your files - I find that very confusingwhat does project 01 02 p1 mean - as opposed to the last one which was p2.

Can you give some more meaing ful names as you are starting to sound like a manager  :D   :D

Ta

Ray  :cool:

--------------
Profile PM 
DarkenedEdo Offline

Posted: Mar. 27 2006, 17:41

Ray, you're right.

So, Project-01 (the first quarter)-02 (the second part of the first quarter)-p1 (the first test of this second part. "p" means "prova", an italian word to say "test").

I hope it will be helpful (i can change the way i encode the names if you have some suggest).

Ciao

--------------
Profile PM WEB 
Wayfarer Offline

Posted: Mar. 27 2006, 17:46

About management...

I own some websites and can almost easily set up a CMS in order to keep the whole thing fully organised. I've been looking several CMS collaborative / groupware sites, and I've reduced the possibilities to three:

- AColab: Group oriented, features file management, forum, online chat, a drafting room... Also fully accesible. Personally I think this could be the best suitable for such a project. To use the demo, enter Username- admin / Password- demo

- WebCollab:
Project oriented, features file management by project, tasks to do and a small forums engine. Allows to create usergroups. To use the demo, enter Username- admin / Password- admin123

- MediaWiki: The same engine as the WikiPedia and the TaurusIV Mike Oldfield Wiki. Document oriented, features file management, discussion pages, powerful yet simple text edition... Maybe not the best option but a very usable one. To use the demo, enter Username- WikiSysop (Note case) / Password- demo

I think that the main decission depends on the kind of orientation we want for the management of the project. If we want it group oriented, with everyone working together and a forum structure, then AColab would be the best option. On the other hand, if we prefer a project orientation, with defined groups according to skills and managed tasks with completion control, then WebCollab would be our CMS. MediaWiki is a bit more anarchic, but it's good if we want a 'document' oriented project (in this case we could define a different document for each task -bass, guitar, percs...- and use the discussion pages as a forum).

Well, it's up to all of you. Suggestions are welcome, as long as they use PHP + MySQL and don't require direct access to the console ;-)

My two cents...

-- Wayfarer

--------------
Profile PM WEB 
DarkenedEdo Offline

Posted: Mar. 27 2006, 17:52

Wayfarer, your idea is simply great. Do what you think is the best.

Ehm... for the payment...coff... A party all together when this job will be complete could be good for you?

--------------
Profile PM WEB 
200 replies since Mar. 18 2006, 07:49 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (11) < 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net