Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (11) < ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Tubular.net project., An idea that need everyone.< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Jammer Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Mar. 29 2006, 15:14

Quote (Ray @ Mar. 29 2006, 19:24)
who is going to sit in the helecopter?

I think it looks like Ed since he came up with the idea.

or did you mean who is going to sit in the helecopter to sing wordless chants down the radio intercom and shout out pilot jargon for use in the project?
Profile PM 
Ray Offline

Posted: Mar. 29 2006, 15:47

OK - I went through the posts and distilled the following from it.  I added a few things in the were put forward and the team need to make decisions or give input on.  Hope this helps.
Ray (;))

DarkenedEdo Edoardo Project Conceiver and Musical Director?
Piltdownboy Stefan Musician
jonnyw Musician/mixer : Guitar
Langdana J. Lang Musician : Keyboard
DCDayDreamer Musician :
EeToN Musician :
Ray Ray Musician / Mixer : Guitar, Bodhran
Jammer Musician:Acoustic and Bass (with nylons)
stevenmd779 Key boards
Wayfarer Percission : bodhrán, belltrees, etc.,..
Ian Musician:

MusicallyInspired . Advisor
oblique Advisor
Korgscrew Advisor

moonchildhippy Supporter
maria Supporter
olracUK Supporter
Alan D Supporter
Bill Bobaggins Supporter
BTH Supporter
Tubular Tos Supporter

Objective – Idea:

A 60 minutes track made of 4 quarters of 15 minutes (more or less). So while we're working for the arrangement of a quarter someone else could start to compose the backbone for others quearters.
Every quarter has 3 different slice.
For example these 5 minutes are the first slice of the first quarter, so composed:
Part 1 (about 0.07)
VIRTUOSO INTRO
All instruments meeting in fast riffs
Part 2 (about 1.08)
TRACK THEME
A theme that, in my mind, will be reprise in every quarter of the project in different shapes. A minute where everyone has to be magic to find the right riff.
Part 3 (about 2.04)
FANTASY GARDEN
A fast piano riff to makes the other instruments rest for the lead theme
Part 4 (about 3.01)
LEAD THEME
The lead theme of the first quarter of the track. In my idea it will be reprise once.
Part 5 (about 4.07)
TRANSITION "A" - THE INDIAN TUNNEL

Here is what’s been done so far ( as far as I can gather!;)

Project-01-02-p1 without guitars
From minute 00.01 to 00.036 there's the last part you heard on the first 5 minutes.
From 00.37 to 01.33 there's a theme that will be reprise form 04.23 to 05.20.
From 01.34 to 02.01 you will find a piece where i've putted my guitars.
From 02.02 to 02.30 there's the brandon's riff reprising the piano riff on the first 5 minutes, and it seems to me that is good in that way.
From 05.21 to 07.04 there's a moment very empty, i think about some funny playing.
From 07.05 to 08.21 there my guitar again.

What has already been decided

I think the following but correct me if I’m wrong,
A DarkenedEdo to mix all the tracks for all the parts?
B Another person offered to do the final mix production as that was their skill (who was it?)
C Critical Comment – by all the advisors and supporters please!

What needs to be decided

1 A name for the band (please give suggestions)
a. The United Nations Band
b. Am A Rocker
c. ..
d. ..

2 How to share data
a keep using down load sites (yes/no)
b take up wayfarer on his kind offer to hold a party (er..) website. (yes/no)

3 How to keep tabs on what bit is being worked on by who and even what the parts are all called.
a. Rays idea for coding the sections (yes/no)
b. Keep the current method of naming Parts (yes/no)

4 Who is to organise every thing
a. Who is to sit in the helicopter (name)
b. If there are 4 sections lets have 4 team coordinators (yes/No), if yes who (name)
c. The role of the coordinator is to overview the interface with the otherparts and to ensure naming of parts is correct, also to encourage musical balance by inviting instruments in to that part (Agree/Dissagree)

Who has compilation capability : Cubase / logic? As these guys could put up a dry mix with all levels the same and pass raw files to Edo.
DarkenedEdo
Jonnyw
Ray
Anyone else
:cool:

--------------
Looking out over the harbour in Peel.......
Profile PM 
Ray Offline

Posted: Mar. 29 2006, 15:54

Quote (Jammer @ Mar. 29 2006, 20:14)
Quote (Ray @ Mar. 29 2006, 19:24)
who is going to sit in the helecopter?

I think it looks like Ed since he came up with the idea.

or did you mean who is going to sit in the helecopter to sing wordless chants down the radio intercom and shout out pilot jargon for use in the project?

Then I would ask DarkenedEdo if he belives he has the communication skills and the desire to be a coordinator - or does he want to be the musician / mixer / musical director.  I dont think you can be both.  And I think he is very very good at the latter role.  Where is Richard Branson when you need him!  :D

Ray  :cool:

--------------
Profile PM 
MusicallyInspired Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: Mar. 29 2006, 17:53

Are you overlooking my musical contributions?  :/  I've recorded quite a bit for the project already, as well, you know ;).

--------------
BrandonBlume.com
"The beauty in life is in the embracing of the variety of things. If all the world was blue there would be no colour blue."
Profile PM WEB 
TubularBelle Offline

Posted: Mar. 29 2006, 19:00

Must admit I haven't read all 8 pages as yet but I promise I will. I think Ray is doing a great job trying to keep it all sane as these things can get very complicated. Would love to offer what little support I am capable of, regardless of not being a musician or pc savvy. Good luck everyone, hope it all comes together as you hope.

--------------
I hate getting up early. I didn't even realise there were two 6 o'clocks in one day!
Profile PM 
oblique Offline

Posted: Mar. 29 2006, 22:26

Nice posting, Ray. Seems to me you're already in the helicopter. :D

--------------
"While we are alive we should sit among colored lights and taste good wines, and discuss our adventures in far places; when we are dead, the opportunity is past." - Jack Vance
Profile PM 
Wayfarer Offline

Posted: Mar. 30 2006, 00:54

Quote (MusicallyInspired @ Mar. 29 2006, 23:53)

Are you overlooking my musical contributions?  :/  I've recorded quite a bit for the project already, as well, you know ;).

Oh, yes...

Part 6 (maybe about 5.00)
SLIPIN' INTO THE VOIDS OF OBLIVION
Includes interpolated the main mood from Simple Minds' "Don't You Forget About Me"... :p

Hehehe... just kidding  :D

Working on the groupware site. See you later. ;)

-- Wayfarer

--------------
My homepage - www.thewayfarer.info
My search - www.cannotbefound.com
My community - www.taurusiv.net
My luthier - www.artluthier.com
Profile PM WEB 
DCDayDreamer Offline

Posted: Mar. 30 2006, 11:29

DCDayDreamer Musician

Sorry Ray, I'm no musician (although I wish that I was), if you're going to put me somewhere, just put me in the supporter category, that's a very good structure plan you've made there though.
Profile PM 
ImAFoolAndImLaughing Offline

Posted: Mar. 30 2006, 12:03

I'm no musician either, although I've been following this thread with interest since it began.  I would be honoured if you considered me a supporter, although I'm not sure in what way I can contribute!

Tony :)

--------------
"I was in this prematurely air conditioned supermarket and there were these bathing caps you could buy that had these kind of Fourth of July plumes on them that were red and yellow and blue and I wasn't tempted to buy one but I was reminded of the fact that I had been avoiding the beach."
Profile PM 
Ray Offline

Posted: Mar. 30 2006, 12:50

Quick up date on definitions : Supporter - some one who has offered encouragement but not stated they can contribute musically.

Musicians - can you update on what instruments you play.

Cheers Guys  Ray :cool:

--------------
Profile PM 
Jammer Offline

Posted: Mar. 30 2006, 13:35

I guess I can still be in the project, but at the moment I can't keep up with everyone else's submissions and the ever-changing way it's being pieced together.

However, if an arrangement stays the same for long enough and needs extra parts, I might be able to work something out.
Profile PM 
MusicallyInspired Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: Mar. 30 2006, 14:05

Electric guitar and various other synth things....if I ever need to use them.

--------------
BrandonBlume.com
"The beauty in life is in the embracing of the variety of things. If all the world was blue there would be no colour blue."
Profile PM WEB 
oblique Offline

Posted: Mar. 30 2006, 14:07

Ray:
What needs to be decided

a. The United Nations Band
b. Am A Rocker
c. ..
d. ..

I kinda like the United Nations Band.
And what do you guys think of 'the Internetionals' ?

--------------
"While we are alive we should sit among colored lights and taste good wines, and discuss our adventures in far places; when we are dead, the opportunity is past." - Jack Vance
Profile PM 
oblique Offline

Posted: Mar. 30 2006, 14:28

And yet another newsitem:
I just found out I may be able to produce some sounds here and there!

It's not a multitrack recorder I have here. I cannot play my instruments all at once so I have to send each recording in seperately and let Edo decide if he can fit it in somewhere.

Wouldn't call it music, I know my limitations but hey, what the heck :p

This will only take a little longer than I thought so in the meantime, musicians, do keep on composing and sending in these tracks. I'll try to keep up  :D

--------------
Profile PM 
Alan D Offline

Posted: Mar. 30 2006, 15:54

Quote (Ray @ Mar. 29 2006, 20:47)
What needs to be decided

I'm still boggling at the organisational task you guys have taken on. I'm amazed by the way it's developing.

Anyway, (assuming you all want to avoid the word 'Tubular' anywhere), I was thinking about Tubular.net and the way you're all working as a team, with all the strands coming together, and wondered about Network for a name? Or 'The Network'. Or, if not that, something with 'net' in it, maybe?

I presume 'Tubular Network' would be too bluurrghh?
Profile PM 
jonnyw Offline

Posted: Mar. 30 2006, 16:21

Hello hello gys sorry for being away from the forum for so long!! ive been doing some serious work!!!

What needs to be decided

when stefan, sonilink and a few others had a thing going we were called "On-line" as per sonilinks suggestion...

Again sorry about neing off line for so long!! cant wait to get really working on the stuff!!

:D

--------------
Grand piano.
Reed and pipe organ.
Glockenspeil.
Bass guitar.
Vocal chords.
Two slightly sampled electric guitars.
The venitian effect.
Digital sound processor.
And Tubular bells.

Solo music - http://-terrapin-.bebo.com

Band music - http://www.rsimusic.com
Profile PM WEB 
arron11196 Offline

Posted: Mar. 31 2006, 00:44

Quote (Alan D @ Mar. 30 2006, 20:54)
I presume 'Tubular Network' would be too bluurrghh?

:D  That quote's just sheer golddust :)

--------------
Arron J Eagling

Everyone's interpretation is different, and everyone has a right to that opinion. There is no "right" one, I am adding this post to communicate my thoughts to share them with like-minded souls who will be able to comment in good nature.

(insert the last 5 mins of Crises here)
Profile PM 
ImAFoolAndImLaughing Offline

Posted: Mar. 31 2006, 03:34

How about The Taureans? or has that been done?

Tony :)

--------------
"I was in this prematurely air conditioned supermarket and there were these bathing caps you could buy that had these kind of Fourth of July plumes on them that were red and yellow and blue and I wasn't tempted to buy one but I was reminded of the fact that I had been avoiding the beach."
Profile PM 
BTH Offline

Group: Members.
Posted: Mar. 31 2006, 05:03

Hey Alan, loving the name "Network" or "The Network"... it's properly related to the site, not too obviously Mike-influenced and has a great symbolic value as to how the project is being pieced together...

Unfortunately an obscure 70's prog rock/jazz band has already used "Network" and "The Network" is taken by a Green Day side project / collaboration with Devo...

--------------
Tá mé an amadán ag cheoil...
Profile PM 
DCDayDreamer Offline

Posted: Mar. 31 2006, 08:29

Using network is not such a bad idea, you'd need to keep it simple though, maybe something like 'Network 7' (the number would be the number of musicians featured).

On a lighter note, here's some cheesy oldfieldesque names for you to giggle at:

Heaven's Network, Network Voyagers, Network of the Dawn, The Network Sentinels, The Network Exposed, The Wonderland Network, The Network of Distant Earth, The Millenium Network, The Ringscape Network, The Network Ridge, The Moonlight Network, The Shadow Network, The Network of Shadows, The Crystal Network, The Platinum Network, The Guilty Network, The Rhythm Network, The North Star Network, The North point Network, The Airborne Network, The Taurus Network, The Network of Mirages, The Network Celts, The Network in High Places, The Network Affair, The Discovery Network, The Network Jungle, The Network Islands, The Earthmoving Network, The Blue Night Network, The Dream Network, The Dark Star Network, The Sunjammer Network, The Moonshine Network, The Network of the Sun, The Network of Secrets, The Secret Network, The Amber Network, The Nightshade Network...

This is getting silly so I'll stop there. :p
Profile PM 
200 replies since Mar. 18 2006, 07:49 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (11) < ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net