Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Tubular Bells 2003 artwork by e-xentric< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Olivier Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: April 13 2003, 11:51

From e-xcentric.com:

Mike Oldfield and Warners Records Spain have turned to e-xentric thinking to handle all creative elements of the Tubular Bells 30-year anniversary release. Planned for May release, e-xentric has been briefed to work on the CD cover, website, TV commercial and DVD.    

Bill Smith, e-xentric director and one of the UK's most experienced music designers is naturally excited about the opportunity "we've worked with Warners Records Spain and Mike Oldfield for many years, but this is a big one. We're relishing the opportunity to create a fresh (but recognisable) look to Tubular Bells in 2003."

(Thanks, Oldfield.de)
Profile PM 
Blue Dolphin Offline

Group: Members
Posted: April 13 2003, 12:03

Cool!

--------------
-The mark of a good musician is to play one note and mean it-

Mike Oldfield - 1980
Profile PM 
Blue Dolphin Offline

Posted: April 13 2003, 12:12

But I thought Bill Smith had a company called Bill Smith Studios, who made previous artwork for Mike like Guitars, Elements etc.? Or has he changed the company's name to e-xentric?

--------------
-The mark of a good musician is to play one note and mean it-

Mike Oldfield - 1980
Profile PM 
Thomas Höögh Offline

Posted: April 13 2003, 13:48

Please let x-entric re design mikeoldfield.com also, cause that one is not a good website :)

--------------
Crazy, terrible, wonderful, perfect!!!!

I just love Tubular Bells |||
Profile PM WEB 
tubularbills Offline

Posted: April 13 2003, 13:57

Ok, i'm just a little confused about that website. i clicked the link that Oliver had posted, and it had basically the same thing that he had put in his post. but then, if you click on the arrow to the left of the article, it brings you back one site. and on that site it said that the article was written in February of 2002. 2002? isn't that way old news? had this decision been made that far in advance of the album? just kinda thought that date was a little strange, thats all.

Oh, and i thought the cover art was already done with TB2003? was that just someone's hopeful rendition? is that the one made by e-xcentric? i'm so confused as to what is really going to be on this album and what isn't?!!!!

--------------
Terrible, Wonderful, Crazy, Perfect.
Profile PM 
alexander.schweigert Offline

Posted: April 13 2003, 15:01

Quote (tubularbills @ April 13 2003, 13:57)
.....it brings you back one site. and on that site it said that the article was written in February of 2002. 2002? isn't that way old news? ........

Try http://www.e-xentric.com  -> News -> Februar 2002
[but 2003 is correct]

regards
Alex Schweigert
www.oldfield.de

--------------
www.oldfield.de
Profile PM WEB 
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: April 13 2003, 15:28

Quote (tubularbills @ April 13 2003, 18:57)
Oh, and i thought the cover art was already done with TB2003? was that just someone's hopeful rendition? is that the one made by e-xcentric? i'm so confused as to what is really going to be on this album and what isn't?!!!!

The cover on the website is e-xentric's design, as is the website itself.
e-xentric is Bill Smith's move from a design studio to a one-stop marketing solution (Bill SMith Studios was recently bought up by e-xentric, which is how he got there).

By the way, take a look at the 'about us' page - there's a little animation where a thought bubble appears, which is replaced by a moving 'spotlight'. Move it around and you'll see it reveals the TB3 bell...
Profile PM 
Lian
Unregistered

Posted: April 15 2003, 07:33

I dont like BS work too much, in fact,...too cold, I dont know how to describe it,....Well, anyway, it seems a better choice than that people of Cactus from TMB.....

What a hell of artwork they did! agh!!!!!
bill smith
Unregistered

Posted: Jan. 23 2004, 09:51

bill@e-xentric.com
Hi i am the same bill smith that used to own bss. i am now creative director for e-xentric thinking. i have worked for mike on all his covers since tb2. the cover of tb30 was to be a contemporary version of the original tb cover created by trevor key. we also produced all the tv spots and promo video for the release using footage created for the bell.
8 replies since April 13 2003, 11:51 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net