Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Tres Lunas Revisited, To be Free - Again!< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
timshen Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Oct. 05 2006, 07:36

After my video card packed in i've been unable to play MusicVR, until now that is. I've just got a laptop that can run the game and i've been enjoying the freedom after a break a couple of years.

The result is that i'm rediscovering a unique experience that I really loved when I first got it and love even more now. It seems that absence makes the heart grow fonder in this case. Though the graphics are not good I find Tres Lunas has a truly astistic value (living art if you will) and now, with the expanded forum since last time, there's more things to experience that I missed last time.

My kids love it, especially my three year old boy who was only a baby last time I played. He keeps asking for the "Rings Game" and enjoys it all (visually and audibly).

Thanks Mike for such a fantastic creation. :laugh:

--------------
Expect Great Things.
Attempt Great Things.
Profile PM 
Alan D Offline

Posted: Oct. 05 2006, 11:02

Hoorah!

If you'd like to try an online game, Tim, why not suggest a convenient day and time, and we could see if we can get together a gathering of the old team? I'm sure MarĂ­a, Gary, Andy, Trinidad and the others would come, if they can.
Profile PM 
maria Offline

Posted: Oct. 05 2006, 17:32

Quote (timshen @ Oct. 05 2006, 07:36)
It seems that absence makes the heart grow fonder in this case.

yes.. i completely agree with u. that's something i love. whenever i go back to tr3s lunas, i feel overwhelmed by its beauty. tr3s lunas is one of those works by mike oldfield that has passed the time proof successfully for me.

it's been quite a long time for me too since i played regularly and now, with a new computer in which it runs smoothly, i would be glad to join an online game and meet u all there soon.

nice to see u back, timshen :)

--------------
...morning and evening i'm flying, i'm dreaming...
Profile PM WEB 
olracUK Offline

Posted: Oct. 05 2006, 17:43

Well, life is getting busier Chez Andy, but it is about time we had a game with more players. Not sure how the Asian time zones would work with our European ones though.

--------------
The answer is 42 - but what is the question?
Profile PM 
timshen Offline

Posted: Oct. 09 2006, 06:39

Yes, Maria, OlracUK and Alan D, let's set a time for an online meeting in the Tres Lunas world. With me being in Singapore makes it rather awkward but I can go online early Saturday morning and it would be Friday night for all of you. Here's GMT +7, so I could log on 1am on Saturday and it would be 6pm GMT. The latest (earliest) I could go without becoming a zombie is 2am-3am.

Anyone game for this coming Friday 6pm GMT?

--------------
Expect Great Things.
Attempt Great Things.
Profile PM 
olracUK Offline

Posted: Oct. 09 2006, 06:44

Friday nights are good for me, we are still on Summertime (daylight saving), so that would be 7pm Friday here in the UK I guess.

Can I suggest we use the usual MVR forum here to organise who hosts etc? Looking forward to some fun with Snowy.

--------------
The answer is 42 - but what is the question?
Profile PM 
Alan D Offline

Posted: Oct. 09 2006, 10:25

Quote (olracUK @ Oct. 09 2006, 11:44)
that would be 7pm Friday here in the UK I guess.

That's a tricky one for me, though I might be able to join you about 30 minutes later. I'll delve into it and see what I can shift around.
Profile PM 
timshen Offline

Posted: Oct. 11 2006, 13:04

Sorry guys - this Friday night (Saturday 2am for me) is out as I have a last minute appointment early Saturday morning. Another possibility is Tuesday night 7pm GMT.

--------------
Expect Great Things.
Attempt Great Things.
Profile PM 
Piltdownboy on horseback 22 Offline

Posted: Oct. 11 2006, 16:43

Quote (timshen @ Oct. 05 2006, 07:36)
my three year old boy who was only a baby last time I played. He keeps asking for the "Rings Game" and enjoys it all (visually and audibly).

Thanks Mike for such a fantastic creation. :laugh:

Cool to hear that Mike is still hip and cool to the younger audience  :)

--------------
"And now we're going to play Platinum!"
Profile PM 
Trinidad Offline

Posted: Oct. 14 2006, 08:05

Quote (timshen @ Oct. 11 2006, 19:04)
Sorry guys - this Friday night (Saturday 2am for me) is out as I have a last minute appointment early Saturday morning. Another possibility is Tuesday night 7pm GMT.

Hi, I've been a little busy these days, but seems I'll have more time now.

Tuesday 7pm GMT? With or without summertime changes? I'd prefer you to write the hour in Singapore, so I can look in some web site the Spanish time.

I'll be there if I can, though I'm not usually at home from 8:30pm (spanish time).

See you!  :)
Profile PM 
9 replies since Oct. 05 2006, 07:36 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net