Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: The Space Shuttle Columbia, A music, a tribute to the heroes< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
ramsoft Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Sep. 16 2003, 18:46

I have a instrumental witch a tribute to the acident of the space shuttle and there is some influencies of Mike Oldfield too...

Sts-107 Space shuttle

My wepage is : http://membros.aveiro-digital.net/ramsoft
Profile PM WEB 
ktran
Unregistered

Posted: Sep. 17 2003, 11:15

This is actually pretty damn good...

The Oldfield feel probably comes from a bit of TSODE, but I'm also reminded of some of David Gilmour's work on Pink Floyd's The Division Bell.

I like your placement of the samples, and the guitar playing can carry a lot of emotional tension if you play just the right note at the right time.

rgds,

Khoa Tran
raven4x4x Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Sep. 20 2003, 21:08

Yes, it is really good, and a fitting tribute to the crew of the Columbia. Certainly a lot of Division Bell in the guitar work, it sounds excellent. The samples at the beginning add just the right mournful, eerie feel to the track. It gets a bit repetitive in the middle, but it picks up with the guitar at the end. Quite an emotional piece. Well done!

--------------
Thank-you for helping us help you help us all.
Profile PM 
Music, the ancient language... Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: Sep. 30 2003, 13:14

The sound seems good. It's a bit repetative for my taste, and I've difficulties to imagine it's about the columbia (except for the voice samples, then). I think this is one of those tracks that needs images to work at its full potential.

Actually, the only serious remark that I have, is that I really don't like the ending. If I hear it correctly, you end with a subdominant chord. If really gives me an unsatisfied feeling.

Good work, though.

--------------
Read everything I write at own risk.
I cannot be held responsible  for
depressions and/or suicide attempts
of any kind, caused by reading my posts.
Profile PM 
3 replies since Sep. 16 2003, 18:46 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net