Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Stereo, Quality of the sound ...< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
ramsoft Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Nov. 19 2003, 20:12

Friends ....
I posted more than one music in this forum, i hope the people who listened my music didn't listened in small in boxes ... There's a lot of time spended in the production of the music, the stereo is inteded to be listen in a good amplifier and a good par of speaker's.
Please don't listen in a computer with small speaker's, plug your sound card to an amplifier and a par of spearks ( not a PC speaker's ) .  
Like Mike wold say "This stereo record cannot be played on tin boxes no matter what they are fitted with. If you are in possession of suck equipment please hand it into the nearest police station" ... Tubular Bells 25th Anniversary Edition Remaster

Thank's for your atention
Rui
Profile PM WEB 
MusicallyInspired Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: Nov. 19 2003, 21:07

I think most of us are quite aware of this :).

--------------
BrandonBlume.com
"The beauty in life is in the embracing of the variety of things. If all the world was blue there would be no colour blue."
Profile PM WEB 
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: Nov. 20 2003, 12:56

This is a problem that faces anyone producing a mix, the fact that the end listener could be using any number of different things to listen to the music on.

My main monitors are what I trust first and foremost when mixing a track, and I can be fairly confident that something which sounds good on them will translate well to just about anything else, partly because of their fairly honest reproduction of the mix and partly just due to experience... They're not all I'd use, though - I'll sometimes also use a pair of computer speakers to simulate the way the 'average' listener might be hearing it, and I always use a pair of headphones at some point as well, as they tend to give a different perspective on things.
I'll sometimes listen on different systems in different environments as well - on a ghetto blaster in the kitchen, in the car, on a friend's hifi system, just to give an idea of how it comes across in the 'real world'.

There's always an element of compromise in the end, and I think the trick is being able to arrive at an agreeable one! It generally just needs a very small tweak to be made to something in order to improve the way it sounds under less than ideal conditions, though in the end the listeners do have to resign themselves to the fact that if they listen under less than ideal conditions, they'll get less than ideal quality!
Profile PM 
BOOsTER Offline

Posted: Nov. 21 2003, 07:39

Quote (ramsoft @ Nov. 20 2003, 02:12)
Friends ....
I posted more than one music in this forum, i hope the people who listened my music didn't listened in small in boxes ... There's a lot of time spended in the production of the music, the stereo is inteded to be listen in a good amplifier and a good par of speaker's.
Please don't listen in a computer with small speaker's, plug your sound card to an amplifier and a par of spearks ( not a PC speaker's ) .  
Like Mike wold say "This stereo record cannot be played on tin boxes no matter what they are fitted with. If you are in possession of suck equipment please hand it into the nearest police station" ... Tubular Bells 25th Anniversary Edition Remaster

Thank's for your atention
Rui

Hey mate ;)
I would like to give a different point of looking at it ;)
because when you produce a track you should take care of the mixing so it sounds good on a car stereo on a big hifi system...or even on a pair of small tin boxes...like those by your computer...
so you might want to learn to produce it so anyone can listen it on any equipment they have ;)

and sorry to be arrogant a bit :D

--------------
http://www.djbooster.net
Profile PM 
Sir Mustapha Offline

Posted: Nov. 21 2003, 08:21

If I were able to blast out the music on super speakers, I would certainly do so and love it! Unfortunately, I either play it on my trusty tin boxes or burn it on CD and play it on my stereo. Those are the options I have. I know you spent a lot of time with production, but you should be aware most people who use tin boxes don't do it because they want to.

And I agree with BOOsTER. A well-produced album plays great everywhere. ;)

And I didn't want to tell you, but when you listen to the Wings suite in a Quadrophonic setup, the Computer MIDI sound suddenly transforms itself into a full orchestral ensemble. Maybe that's why people didn't appreciate it well. :D

--------------
Check out http://ferniecanto.com.br for all my music, including my latest albums: Don't Stay in the City, Making Amends and Builders of Worlds.
Also check my Bandcamp page: http://ferniecanto.bandcamp.com
Profile PM WEB 
4 replies since Nov. 19 2003, 20:12 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net