Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: "Oh My", Another bad title...< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
MusicallyInspired Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: Dec. 12 2003, 09:47

Hey! Been a while for me posting anything. But this particular tune I don't think I'll be doing anything for a while, so I'm just putting it up here. It's guitar only messing around with some chords I figured out by accident. I love the atmosphere. Though, I do carry on a bit. Actually I had no idea it spanned over 5 minutes! I was justt fooling aroung without any major theme in my head, though. Kinda reminded me of JMJ in a way.

http://smc.sq7.org/brandon/ohmy.ogg

And I know I haven't been reviewing other people's songs lately. I'll try to find time for that on the weekend.

--------------
BrandonBlume.com
"The beauty in life is in the embracing of the variety of things. If all the world was blue there would be no colour blue."
Profile PM WEB 
Music, the ancient language... Offline

Posted: Dec. 12 2003, 10:26

Hard on the ears! I had to mess with winamp's equaliser to make it listenable. And still it is hard to listen beyond the distortion and that annoying frequency. I can't really see why you love the atmosphere.  :/

--------------
Read everything I write at own risk.
I cannot be held responsible  for
depressions and/or suicide attempts
of any kind, caused by reading my posts.
Profile PM 
Mark 1 Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Dec. 12 2003, 20:00

Well, I really liked it. Though sometimes it feels a little bit long it is hypnotic and once you are listening it draws you in. Add some careful arranging and this would be a great athmospheric song.

The sound quality: while I like the sound of the guitar, the recording sounds very low in quality with some noise and some clipping. Still, maybe some eq'ing can get that out.

I can see the JMJ connection, parts of it feel like Oxygene 7. The delay makes it also sound like Pink Floyd, though.

All in all, very nice!
Profile PM 

Posted: Dec. 13 2003, 23:41

Yes, very low quality. I can see how that would annoy you, Ancient, but all the tunes I release that aren't finished versions will never be at any high quality unless I say otherwise. Basically, I just want opinions on the music itself with these 'idea tunes'. But I can also see, Ancient, how the sound alone would make it intolerable for you to see past to comment on the music :). I understand. It is a bad effect right now. But something along those lines but sounding better is what I had imagined for it (EQed etc). Also, it gets distorted because I had it turned up too loud when I recorded it.

Thanks for the comment, Mark 1. I haven't listened to Pink Floyd at all in my life ever, but I know lots of people love them so I take that as a compliment for sure ;). And yes it is quite long and alone and hypnotic and...yes hehe. It will be interesting to see what I can do with this in the future whenever that will be when I use it.

Thanks, guys.

--------------
BrandonBlume.com
"The beauty in life is in the embracing of the variety of things. If all the world was blue there would be no colour blue."
Profile PM WEB 
SHINE Offline

Posted: Dec. 18 2003, 18:51

Hi, Brandom,
I've listened to your tune and I really like.
I've also found a Pink Floydesque climate in it, and I would also say a little Tangerine Dream atmosphere.
You've told us about the reasons of the sound quality, so I won't talk about it.
I'll just say that it's a pity because it's great.
Yes, it wil be very interesting to see..
Profile PM 
oblique Offline

Posted: Dec. 19 2003, 00:35

I liked it very much, at least the first four minutes or so.

Don't throw away this idea yet, Brandon.
It has potential.

(and comparing it I agree with Shine: Tangerine Dream without the keyboards...)

--------------
"While we are alive we should sit among colored lights and taste good wines, and discuss our adventures in far places; when we are dead, the opportunity is past." - Jack Vance
Profile PM 

Posted: Dec. 19 2003, 09:14

Oh I'm not throwing it away by any means. I'm merely storing it for sometime later. Maybe after my instrumental is finished. Or who knows. Maybe it'll be a part of my instrumental. Anything could happen.

Thanks for the feedback, SHINE and Jael.

--------------
BrandonBlume.com
Profile PM WEB 
SHINE Offline

Posted: Dec. 21 2003, 14:04

Patience... :laugh:
Profile PM 
BOOsTER Offline

Posted: Jan. 06 2004, 07:47

I like it at part 3.56 it sounds cool....but you better do a separate recoding of "solo" notes and the chords :)
you could get a way better sound when you compress each of this part individually :)

--------------
http://www.djbooster.net
Profile PM 
8 replies since Dec. 12 2003, 09:47 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net