Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: New Awesome Song!, Nothing to do with my instrumental< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
MusicallyInspired Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: Sep. 08 2003, 21:12

I just wrote a wiked rock song tonight while thinking of ideas for the game and my instrumental project. I was think of strings or something for some battle scene in the game or something....then I thought it might fit in my instrumental somewhere so I tried some guitar ideas. Then I came up with this cool introduction of it and I said it totally has to be a fast rock song lol. I really like the very beginning, too, because it's a slower version with this 1-octave low-pitched guitar playing along with it.

http://smc.sq7.org/brandon/opening.ogg

I called it 'Opening' because it sounds like a good intro 1st track for an album.

--------------
BrandonBlume.com
"The beauty in life is in the embracing of the variety of things. If all the world was blue there would be no colour blue."
Profile PM WEB 
MaS Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Sep. 09 2003, 02:45

Hey, that's a good one. I love the power in it. Very good overall sound. Want to hear more. Good work, Brandon

--------------
MaS, midician
Profile PM 
ktran
Unregistered

Posted: Sep. 09 2003, 14:38

Yes a cool Rock song... and you can run it through pitch-to-midi to get the strings sound for the battle scene!

rgds,

K. Tran
Satyagraha Offline

Posted: Sep. 17 2003, 06:44

Very cool, indeed, though simple. But the drumming is a little off, isn't it? Or are those strange low tom fills intentional?

--------------
Byrði betri berrat maðr brautu at en sé mannvit mikit
Profile PM WEB 
MusicallyInspired Offline

Posted: Sep. 17 2003, 07:42

If you're talking about the instances at 0:35 and 0:38 then yes they are intentional. The 0:38 is a bit off time. But then, It's a little tough playing hand-played keyboard drums a beat like this ;).

--------------
BrandonBlume.com
"The beauty in life is in the embracing of the variety of things. If all the world was blue there would be no colour blue."
Profile PM WEB 
Music, the ancient language... Offline

Posted: Sep. 30 2003, 13:38

Ooh! This one has potential!
Very inspiring piece of music. The bass guitar dropping away sometimes is a bit odd, but that's again a remark just for the sake of having a remark. ;)

I hope you'll work this out! :cool:

--------------
Read everything I write at own risk.
I cannot be held responsible  for
depressions and/or suicide attempts
of any kind, caused by reading my posts.
Profile PM 
5 replies since Sep. 08 2003, 21:12 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net