Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (2) < [1] 2 >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: New album before summer?< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: Mar. 21 2005, 07:41

La Voz de Asturias recently included Mike in a list of artists who are expected to release albums before this summer.
Having heard nothing from Mike on this, it's impossible to say how close to the truth this is, but it doesn't seem unlikely, considering how at one time Mike had hoped to finish the album by late 2004.

Update 13/5/05: Well, the estimate was a few months out, but the new album should be out in September, just after the summer.
Profile PM 
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Mar. 21 2005, 13:33

One thing I do hope: to see the new album released in 2005,it doesn't matter when...

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
Korgscrew Offline

Posted: Mar. 22 2005, 12:34

There should be more news coming in the next few weeks - keep watching!
Profile PM 

Posted: Mar. 22 2005, 18:22

I do feel confortable with that,really :D

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
olracUK Offline

Posted: Mar. 22 2005, 18:28

Driving home tonight I got an idea - if Mike is really keen on this fruityloop/vocaloid thing, perhaps he could do a deal with the program makers and put an extra disc out with the raw program files so we could all play with them in some sort of limited way. Mix with Mike's original samples etc.

--------------
The answer is 42 - but what is the question?
Profile PM 
EeToN Offline

Posted: Mar. 22 2005, 18:59

Quote (olracUK @ Mar. 23 2005, 00:28)
Driving home tonight I got an idea...

Isn't this the planned case? He said something similar in his FL Studio interview.

--------------
If I were music, I would be Enigmatism.
Profile PM WEB 
Chicular Offline

Posted: April 06 2005, 08:01

Hey Korgscrew!  Any ideas on when more news to come will be?  It's been almost 1 year since we heard from Mike.  I think this new album will be of momentous proportions! I had a dream one night that i visted the site and the news had arrived with excerpts of the music together with Artwork from the CD.  It was cool!
Profile PM 
Korgscrew Offline

Posted: April 06 2005, 15:42

No, unfortunately 'the next few weeks' is as accurate an estimate as I've been given. I can only suppose it can't be long now, but I'd imagine that this is something which depends on Mike feeling ready, so it'll be in his own time that the news will come. Whether we'll manage to get artwork and audio samples, I guess we'll have to wait and see!
Profile PM 
Unregistered

Posted: April 09 2005, 10:55

Do you think,that he will sell more than 100 CD's?Who knows him?
chaton
Unregistered

Posted: April 25 2005, 08:34

Quote (Guest @ April 09 2005, 10:55)
Do you think,that he will sell more than 100 CD's?Who knows him?

lol... who doesn't know is the good question ...

sure you don't ? i m sure you do know him ...
Korgscrew Offline

Posted: April 25 2005, 10:41

I think we know well enough to be able to say he'll sell more than 100 CDs...there must be at least 101 fans out there ;)

Seriously though, it's quite normal for Mike to sell about 500,000 copies of an album - and that's classed as it selling badly. His successes have brought in way more (I think even his flops have, actually, though I don't have the data to hand. Mike said once that none of his albums have sold less than 1,000,000 copies).

Whether it will be a huge success or a relative failure depends on lots of things - marketing is one, and quality is another. It'll be very interesting to see what happens.
Profile PM 
Neil aka HuanCry
Unregistered

Posted: April 25 2005, 12:52

Following quote dated 22nd MARCH :-

'There should be more news coming in the next few weeks - keep watching!'

IT'S NOW 25TH APRIL !!!!!!!! .....5 WEEKS & COUNTING ! ...

PLEASE MIKE ... TELL US ALL ABOUT THE NEW ALBUM & CONCERT DATES ESP. FOR UK SO I CAN GET MY HOLIDAY LEAVE SORTED ASAP !!!!!!!!!

Obviously only do the above if the new album is already a long overdue MASTERPIECE ( TB3 being the last ! ) ....... if not we'll try waiting until it is !

Neil

Posted: April 26 2005, 19:49

I'd say not ASAP,but ASAMOC(as soon as Mike Oldfield can)  :D

Still waiting,but the decision it's up to him when he feels 100% sure that it's time.

--------------

Profile PM WEB 
hiawatha Offline

Posted: April 26 2005, 20:51

Quote (Tati The Sentinel @ April 26 2005, 19:49)
Still waiting,but the decision it's up to him when he feels 100% sure that it's time.

The time has come?

A thousand years, they waited for
(Or at least since 2002),
And now the empty years have passed,
Will we hear something new?

[ Chorus ]

Some new Oldfield to hear,
A CD release is near?
Will we hear tubular bells again ring, again ring,
And the time has come.

When there is real news to be passed,
We will hear from Korgscrew,
But maybe Mlke's still at rest, to last,
No news to be passed through.

--------------
"In the land of the Dacotahs,
Where the Falls of Minnehaha
Flash and gleam among the oak-trees,
Laugh and leap into the valley."
- Song of Hiawatha
Profile PM 
Chicular Offline

Posted: May 02 2005, 07:46

6 Weeks Now!  My definition of a Few weeks would be 4-6 weeks!  It's a public holiday today here in Britain so maybe we'll get something by the end of this week!
Profile PM 
Jammer Offline

Posted: May 02 2005, 10:08

It's also May Day (Obbyoss in Padstow, Cornwall) today which officially means it's now summer

Like the lyrics. Someone should get it recorded :)
Profile PM 
hiawatha Offline

Posted: May 02 2005, 11:12

I didn't know that summer (or any season) start days varied by country, except for the southern hemisphere (which replaces summer with winter and vice-versa)

--------------
"In the land of the Dacotahs,
Where the Falls of Minnehaha
Flash and gleam among the oak-trees,
Laugh and leap into the valley."
- Song of Hiawatha
Profile PM 
Korgscrew Offline

Posted: May 02 2005, 12:20

Well...what can I say? I suspect the 'news in a few weeks' line might have just been their way of getting me off their backs...
I can see if we can find out anything more, but I get the feeling that the first we'll hear anything is when Mike has everything finalised. I'd imagine he's probably a little wary of saying anything too soon.

As for the 'before the summer' rumour, well...considering the source, I guess it's not too surprising that it's not looking like it's going to be true! I do still feel that things aren't far off, but until we're given some concrete news, that'll just remain a feeling.
Profile PM 
Ratty Offline

Posted: May 02 2005, 17:53

Summer? whats one of them!!! you dont see too many in these parts (The North of England).

Maybe the new album will be called "Indian Summer" We may well get the album and the sunny weather by September then!!!   :)

--------------
Far away across the field
The tolling of the iron bell
Calls the faithful to their knees
To hear the softly spoken magic spells
Profile PM 
Chicular Offline

Posted: May 10 2005, 06:21

Only Time Will Tell, Only Time, Only Time Will Tell, Only Time....
Profile PM 
27 replies since Mar. 21 2005, 07:41 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (2) < [1] 2 >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net