Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Neil Ardley/Kaleidescope of Rainbows< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
ommadawn,ah!ooh! Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Mar. 25 2008, 10:06

First Posting.As in much great literature,sometimes an artist must perforce become expat to reclaim the Muse(ic of the Spheres).When Sainsburys UK make a Mike CD an album of the week you know it hath something-as long as they don't try and bring out an "own brand" version, although BOGOF-buy one get one free would be nice! I digress...

Anyone familiar with the Topic title from Mid-Seventies? It was sorta touted as a Jazz Fusion TBells,though forgiving that it still sounds ahead-of-its-time today,esp in a recently remastered version.MotS may not be quite the groundbreaker TB will forever be,but "you'm back on track,Mikey Boy"!
Profile PM 
Dirk Star Offline

Posted: Mar. 25 2008, 12:16

Well that name does kind of ring a bell(ouch!)to me there.Although I`m possibly thinking of Neal Ardley the footballer who used to turn out for Wimbledon a little while back..Is this the guy who fronted the New Jazz Orchestra in the 70`s??Can`t say I`ve ever heard of Kaliedascope Of Rainbows though sounds intrigueing.

On the subject of BOGOF at Sainsbury`s it would be maybe quite nice of them to do a.. "Buy MOTS get Tubular Bells free" kind of scenario.You would`nt actually get a second disc of course but hey it`s the thought that counts..  As for own brand Tubular Bells I would go no further than check out an album called Heiles Land which came out in the early 80`s from a guy called Hartmutt Zinn..A kind of all the flavourings of Tubular Bells album,but with less than a third of the taste.."I can`t believe it`s not Tubular Bells."in fact...But only for people with a huge amount of self deceptive abilities I may add.

But I agree Mikey`s back on track..   Nice one.He`s had to  backtrack down a couple of familiar aisles to get back to the checkout.But those beeping cash registers will be music to his ears now I wager.
Profile PM 
ommadawn,ah!ooh! Offline

Posted: Mar. 26 2008, 09:10

Thanx Dirk.He is the same Ardley of NJOrch but on the Mo/tS topic I strongly urge all Forum members to goto www.neilardley.com and the Harmony of the Spheres Recording listed.You may experience a sense of Deja Vu...
Profile PM 
2 replies since Mar. 25 2008, 10:06 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net