Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (4) < 1 2 3 [4] >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: HQ Tracks of "Our Father", "Angelique" and "C, Available now!< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
freshhh Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Sep. 06 2005, 09:07

BTW
I suppose that HQ version of TOAA exists as well as "Our Father" and other tracks. But I have no idea about where we can get it, except of the official release, of course :) The only way to know that is to ask OMA. So if he read this post, I hope he'll bring us some truth about why did he deleted TOAA from his page. I also hope he have HQ version of mp3.
The most strange thing is that there's no any MOAA tracks in eDonkey or eMule networks. There're a lot of other leaked tracks but TOAA isn't. So, I think that we are very lucky having that track even in poor quality :)

--------------
We all live our Tubular Life...
And we don't know another way to live...
Profile PM 
TOBY Offline

Posted: Sep. 06 2005, 13:08

Is it just me or is that track the best piece of music he's written since Amarok? Seriously. It really does represent PROPER old school MO. However good the best bits of TSODE were they weren't over flowing with emotional power like this. That coupled with an amazing original construction, a little nod to Five Miles out (the song) there, and very well thought out sounds and instrumentation. This is what proper MO is all about for me. And lastly the vocal parts are amazingly beautiful, I couldn't give a toss whether they're computer generated or not, they could be sung by Bill Gates for all I care, they sound gorgeous. Can't wait to hear the CD version let alone the whole album.
Profile PM 
the soil man Offline

Posted: Sep. 06 2005, 14:44

Well, I heard the low quality version of TOAA for the first time today, and I love it! The song is amazingly complex and the guitars full of energy. The vocaloid "vocals" works well for me -especially the choir later on in the song. The baroque-ish start and lone guitar sets up the song nicely, with the heavier piece after that absolutely stunning. Mike must have really enjoyed making this piece!

Fred
Profile PM 
Chicular Offline

Posted: Sep. 06 2005, 14:45

Just heard Tears of an Angel and it's great, the bit at the beginning is very orchestral and when Mike lets rip with his Electric Guitar it's amazing.
Profile PM 
Solus Offline

Posted: Sep. 06 2005, 15:10

This is my first post here, and only because I couldn't wait anymore. I just gotta know, where can I get TOAA? Maybe someone could send it to me, or however you all got it.
Please...

--------------
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
Profile PM 
TOBY Offline

Posted: Sep. 06 2005, 16:06

There is NOTHING quite like hearing a truely great Mike track for the first time. I haven't felt this excited about a track since TSODE
Profile PM 
raven4x4x Offline

Posted: Sep. 06 2005, 20:12

Oh yes, very nice indeed. More than that, wonderful!! I long to hear this in good quality. I never doubted that Mike could still let it rip with a huge guitar solo. It's something I'll never get tired of.

--------------
Thank-you for helping us help you help us all.
Profile PM 
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Posted: Sep. 06 2005, 20:15

It's clear that Mike enjoyed a lot to play that gorgeous solo...

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
freshhh Offline

Posted: Sep. 06 2005, 20:18

Quote (Tati The Sentinel @ Sep. 06 2005, 20:15)
It's clear that Mike enjoyed a lot to play that gorgeous solo...

Yeah! I just really see him shutting his eyes and playing that solo again and again :) Just like he does during live concerts...

--------------
We all live our Tubular Life...
And we don't know another way to live...
Profile PM 
Tubularman Offline

Group: Awaiting Authorisation
Posted: Sep. 06 2005, 20:47

so now we only wait for tour news.. I HOPE IT WILL BE!!!!!!!!  :D  :D  :D
It would be sooo good!! I will never ever ask mike do it again. Only this time! :)

--------------
Mike Oldfield M i x e s
https://soundcloud.com/tubularman
Profile PM WEB 
Harmono Offline

Posted: Sep. 06 2005, 21:10

Im not waiting for a concert.

My listening experienses are very very personal.
I think that live perfomances are not as good as the ones that have been made with more thought on the perfection.
as much as I love jazz and other improvisational stuff, I must say that the greatest thing is..(I cant say that  in English).
Glen Gould says it Well.....
Profile PM 
TubularBelle Offline

Posted: Sep. 07 2005, 00:06

Quote (Solus @ Sep. 06 2005, 15:10)
This is my first post here, and only because I couldn't wait anymore. I just gotta know, where can I get TOAA? Maybe someone could send it to me, or however you all got it.
Please...

Hello Solus, welcome to the site. I don't know how they all got this track but if I bring your request back to the front, someone might be able to help you, Cheers,
Tracy.

--------------
I hate getting up early. I didn't even realise there were two 6 o'clocks in one day!
Profile PM 
MusicallyInspired Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: Sep. 07 2005, 03:15

Whoever hasn't heard it yet, my advice is to wait until you get the album for the full experience. I'm afraid I may have ruined it for myself now that I've heard the low qual version lol. Not that I won't enjoy it, but it'll be much more amazing for you if you wait for the album. Or at least a higher quality MP3!!

Amazing. Reminds me of a solo from Heaven's Open or something.

--------------
BrandonBlume.com
"The beauty in life is in the embracing of the variety of things. If all the world was blue there would be no colour blue."
Profile PM WEB 
Solus Offline

Posted: Sep. 07 2005, 04:56

I wanted to wait until the album, seeing how it's only a couple of weeks, but when I've heard all those praises, I just couldn't resist.
I've finally heard the song, and I'm glad I did. Now I'm pretty sure this will be a good album, one which I'll definitely buy.
Thanks all.

--------------
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
Profile PM 
timshen Offline

Posted: Sep. 07 2005, 10:44

TOAA sends tingles down my spine and brings tears to my eyes - AWESOME!!!! And that's in mono  ;)

--------------
Expect Great Things.
Attempt Great Things.
Profile PM 
oblique Offline

Posted: Sep. 19 2005, 04:41

3:28 in Angelique.....
What's Demis Roussos doing there?  :D

--------------
"While we are alive we should sit among colored lights and taste good wines, and discuss our adventures in far places; when we are dead, the opportunity is past." - Jack Vance
Profile PM 
75 replies since Aug. 29 2005, 13:36 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (4) < 1 2 3 [4] >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net