Posted: Sep. 05 2001, 10:01

Excuse me.
I didn't read the message well.

I rode "I knew" at the place of "If I knew". rolleyes

Profile PM WEB 
dgcaer Offline

Group: Members
Posted: June 06 2002, 13:42

Maybe it's many language, like Nostradamus prophecy who are wrote in many language.

What do you think ?
Profile PM WEB 
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: June 06 2002, 15:00

I think they're a load of nonsense. Mike apparently used to not give the singers any lyrics to sing - he'd just give them the tune, it was only the sound he was interested in, with the meaning coming from the emotion of the performance rather than any words. Clodagh Simmonds just made up a load of words that sounded right - some sound like existing words by coincidence, and I'm sure that if you played the recording to different people around the world, some would be able to pick out sounds that they recognised.

It may be less imaginitive of me, but I don't think they have any meaning whatsoever.
Profile PM 
dgcaer Offline

Posted: June 06 2002, 15:06

I think you say true. There is not very sense. Even if you translate all the word we think are word.
Profile PM WEB 
Ugo Offline

Posted: June 06 2002, 17:56

I'd just like to add a note to ultimately close this thread... or at least I hope so. smile Ever since 1995, i.e. since Songs of Sanctuary by Adiemus came out, mr. Karl Jenkins, composer and main 'mind' behind the Adiemus project, has been delighting our [or at least my own smile] ears by making Miriam Stockley (& other great singers) sing purely invented, absolutely nonsense lyrics, that sound like a multitude of languages while simultaneously sounding like no language at all!! smile. Seems like mr. Oldfield and ms. Simonds were pioneers in this field... biggrin

--------------
Ugo C. - a devoted Amarokian
Profile PM 
Ethain
Unregistered

Posted: Sep. 05 2002, 09:23

I don't mind if the lyrics have sense or not. I only want to see it written somewhere, as Sheba can be found easyly in www. ;)
Rollo
Unregistered

Posted: Dec. 25 2002, 17:21

So...it would in the end be like...?

Ola di éna
Labato olcorta olmonya
Ongustosta regara
Aaaah reste mena
Ola di éna
Labato olcorta olmonya
Ongusto regara
Aaaah reste mena
Ola di éna
Labato olcorta olmonya
Ongusto regara aaaah
Ola di éna
Labato olcorta olmonya
Ongusto regara aaaah
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: Dec. 26 2002, 18:08

I'd have to sit down and do a comparison once again...

I know for sure that my original transcription wasn't quite right - I did it from an LP copy, and on listening to the CD, noted that some of the words sounded slightly different...we'd already decided that it was all meaningless words by then, so I never bothered to update it.
Profile PM 
47 replies since April 11 2000, 18:42 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (3) < 1 2 [3] >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net