Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Buy Exposed DVD online< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Olivier Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: Oct. 18 2005, 11:58

The new Exposed DVD is available online at Amazon.co.uk for £13.99 and will be released on Oct 24. Update: Oct 31.

Purchases via our Amazon links provide support to Tubular.net. Thanks!

Update Oct 20 - According to shopEMI, it will be released on Nov 22 in Canada and will cost $21.11CDN. (Thanks, Keith Dawe.)

Update Nov 07 - Available at Amazon.ca for $25.89CAN and at Amazon.com for $26.59.
Profile PM 
Glorfindel Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Oct. 18 2005, 13:31

Great news. A release I AM looking forward too.  :O
Profile PM 
James Offline

Posted: Oct. 20 2005, 09:12

YIPPPPEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)  :)  :)
Profile PM 
Jeremy Offline

Posted: Oct. 21 2005, 04:32

A short while back I posted in concert and rarities about seeing Exposed on TV back in the early eighties and to my utter amazement the very concert I saw is now being released on DVD, this is too good to be true! I  can safely say it will be my viewing highlight of 2005.

--------------
How can they NOT like my music!
Profile PM 
Blue Dolphin Offline

Posted: Oct. 25 2005, 11:52

I bought the DVD today! IT'S F***ING BRILLIANT!!!!!!!!!  :D

As was posted before, the 2 DVD's contain multi angle views. You can switch between main edit, split screen, stage edit and total stage. The concert is just brilliant, sound quality is good and there are some humorous moments.

The concert starts with some small interviews of the performers (with Pierre Moerlen, rest in peace) and it also includes a humorous intermission where the fans start throwing the famous paper airplanes. ;)

Overall: just brilliant and nostalgic material from 1979!! The best DVD released since ages, thanks to Mike Oldfield and EMI/Virgin. Best thing they've ever done imho.

I guess now, with the low incomes from cd's as more and more music is downloadable, they have to find a way to make money from their artists. Hence the re-releases of old material, to great enjoyment of the fans. :)

Now only DVD's from Knebworth 1981, Montreux and perhaps Viareggio 1984??? Maybe more??? Please!! :)

--------------
-The mark of a good musician is to play one note and mean it-

Mike Oldfield - 1980
Profile PM 
Glorfindel Offline

Posted: Oct. 25 2005, 17:07

Mines ordered. £13.99 from Play. (Amazon is £14.99 not £13.99)

Can't blooomin wait.

L&S....Pah!!

This is what I have been wanting to see since I bought Exposed in 1979!!!!   :p  :p  :p
Profile PM 
zinc Offline

Posted: Oct. 25 2005, 17:32

Anybody noticed that according to the artwork the dvd comes with over 7 hours of footage so apart from track list which will take up perhaps 2 hours whats going to fill the rest..rare interviews perhaps? Outtakes, rehearsals?
Just dont kniow...
Zinc
Profile PM 
Tubularman Offline

Group: Awaiting Authorisation
Posted: Oct. 25 2005, 22:49

http://dvd.kelkoo.no/b/a/cpc_149201_ps_14776387_gs_21877284.html

exposed to buy in another place. kelkoo?

--------------
Mike Oldfield M i x e s
https://soundcloud.com/tubularman
Profile PM WEB 
Blue Dolphin Offline

Posted: Oct. 26 2005, 06:57

Quote (zinc @ Oct. 25 2005, 23:32)
Anybody noticed that according to the artwork the dvd comes with over 7 hours of footage so apart from track list which will take up perhaps 2 hours whats going to fill the rest..rare interviews perhaps? Outtakes, rehearsals?
Just dont kniow...
Zinc

Well, it's what I said before and also a sort of marketing trick: the total concert is about 2 hours, but because you can switch between cameras (3 in total) you have 2 * 3 = 6 hours of material. Adding the interviews in the beginning and the intermission it's about 6,5 hours (almost 7 hours).

--------------
-The mark of a good musician is to play one note and mean it-

Mike Oldfield - 1980
Profile PM 
James Offline

Posted: Oct. 26 2005, 18:59

Wow Sounds mega Blue,will order one. :cool:
Profile PM 
ian Offline

Posted: Oct. 27 2005, 14:03

Well, I have since found out that it will not be available in the UK until 31st Oct.Look at every website and see that it is not yet in stock.Very dissapointed.We in the UK always have to be backwards about everything.

I have ordered from DVD Popcorn for £11.89 including postage.They emailed me today to say the release date is the 31st.

Ian.
Profile PM WEB 
pentium75 Offline

Posted: Oct. 28 2005, 11:06

I received my Exposed DVD today (from amazon.de). It's great to see Incantations performed live.

I think the video and audio quality is quite ok for a 26-year-old recording. However, it would be better if there had been more light on stage. The recording reminds me of "Light + Shade", but without Light ;-( .... Or did the musicians not want to be recognized???

Also, the layer break is placed quite awkwardly, in the middle of Incantations Prt 2 (on Disc 1) ...... I think they could have found a better solution.

BTW, they put a scene on the DVD where audience + musicians throw paper airplanes at each other ... quite funny :-) :)
Profile PM 
The Big BellEnd Offline

Posted: Oct. 28 2005, 14:17

on cd wow, under a tenner

--------------
I, ON THE OTHER HAND. AM A VICTIM OF YOUR CARNIVOUROUS LUNAR ACTIVITY.
Profile PM 
ian Offline

Posted: Oct. 29 2005, 15:13

Right then......CD WOW it is.I will cancel my order with DVD Popcorn.The power of the net.... ;)
Profile PM WEB 
ian Offline

Posted: Nov. 01 2005, 14:41

Darn it, CD Wow say they can't get it in stock until 4th November and then it will take up to 7 days to get to the UK.

Time to swich shops again.
Profile PM WEB 
The Big BellEnd Offline

Posted: Nov. 01 2005, 18:49

sorry about that.

--------------
I, ON THE OTHER HAND. AM A VICTIM OF YOUR CARNIVOUROUS LUNAR ACTIVITY.
Profile PM 
15 replies since Oct. 18 2005, 11:58 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net