Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Crises Box Set Sold Out< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
spark Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Aug. 15 2013, 08:01

Amazon Uk have sold out there allocation of Crises Box Sets.

I got this info from my record shop owner who told me he was not getting his allocation .

Apparently Universal were only going to press 1000 box sets and Amazon pre sold more than that number .

If you go to Mikes Universal site you can no longer pre order there either .

Lets hope there is a second pressing .
Profile PM 
seventeen64 Offline

Posted: Aug. 15 2013, 09:50

1000 seems like such a low number... I mean, given the number of fans  :O

--------------
life is not one-dimensional
Profile PM 
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: Aug. 15 2013, 12:11

If they really sold more than 1000 through Amazon alone, I think it's a fairly safe bet that they'll get some more made, seeing as it wasn't advertised as a limited edition. I'll check up with Universal and report back, though!
Profile PM 
Korgscrew Offline

Posted: Aug. 16 2013, 11:05

As I suspected, they're getting some more sets made as we speak, so there'll be plenty to go round!
Profile PM 
spark Offline

Posted: Aug. 19 2013, 08:10

So they only made 1000 ? Universal testing the reaction I bet .

Does this mean its called a second pressing with different pressing numbers and all that , and the first pressing is collectable ?
Profile PM 
Korgscrew Offline

Posted: Aug. 20 2013, 02:43

The exact number wasn't confirmed in the response, but it wasn't denied either! Certainly in the past, talk has been in terms of runs of 500 (the usual minimum for disc replication) or 1000 for the more niche appeal things like this, so it would seem very likely that it was indeed 1000.

Whether there will be any way of distinguishing the first from the second batch, and whether that'll make either edition collectible, I really don't know!
Profile PM 
qjamesfloyd Offline

Posted: Aug. 20 2013, 07:09

Thanks for the update Korgie, I was very dissapointed to learn they had already sold out the box set as this is the first of the re-releases that I want to best set available, that being the box set, now I will be able to get it :)
Profile PM 
mitch65 Offline

Posted: Aug. 27 2013, 13:01

back on sale at Amazon  :)
Profile PM 
First_Excursion Offline

Posted: Aug. 27 2013, 18:40

Quote (mitch65 @ Aug. 27 2013, 13:01)

Thanks. Just got back from Amazon. Now to try and forget about it for a few weeks.
Profile PM 
mitch65 Offline

Posted: Aug. 29 2013, 12:09

Quote (First_Excursion @ Aug. 27 2013, 23:40)
Quote (mitch65 @ Aug. 27 2013, 13:01)

Thanks. Just got back from Amazon. Now to try and forget about it for a few weeks.

Just as well as it's sold out again!
Profile PM 
hergest fridge Offline

Posted: Aug. 29 2013, 14:26

Just had an email from Universal that it's on it's way :) oh and they've packed it carefully!!
Profile PM 
mitch65 Offline

Posted: Aug. 30 2013, 06:43

Quote (hergest fridge @ Aug. 29 2013, 19:26)
Just had an email from Universal that it's on it's way :) oh and they've packed it carefully!!

Boo Hiss  :p
Profile PM 
spark Offline

Posted: Aug. 30 2013, 09:10

Looks like Amazon Uk have sold out again ?

Any Idea whats going on Korg ?
Profile PM 
mitch65 Offline

Posted: Aug. 30 2013, 11:02

play still have it.......50 quid!
Profile PM 
Korgscrew Offline

Posted: Aug. 30 2013, 15:32

Quote (spark @ Aug. 30 2013, 13:10)
Looks like Amazon Uk have sold out again ?

Any Idea whats going on Korg ?

It looks like it's available for pre-order again - I assume they probably went over their allocated number and had to ask if there were more available. I see there are doubts over in the news thread about whether amazon.co.uk are going to deliver in time for the release date, so it's very possible there's been some kind of supply issue with them.

If it looks like there's a problem on Monday, I can certainly check to see if anyone at Universal can give us an idea of what's going on, once everyone's back in the office!
Profile PM 
olracUK Offline

Posted: Aug. 30 2013, 17:23

Given that many of us pre-ordered via Amazon,Ply or the German or Spanish versions of these sites, they would have an exact number to meet those orders.

So why are they sold out and telling me an expected delivery date of 5th September?

Universal obviously (once again) didn't make enough to meet demand, but this is the - what? 5th time? It's not as if release date comes around, the pre-orders ship and there's suddenly a huge demand from casual buyers. These are all going to us faithful fans.

Just not good enough.

--------------
The answer is 42 - but what is the question?
Profile PM 
CJJC Offline

Posted: Aug. 31 2013, 09:16

That'd be why I couldn't find it.

Toying with the idea of getting the digital version through Amazon instead so it remains available in Cloud Player but I think I'll assume that it has AutoRip and wait for the physical thing to come back.

--------------
IMHO
Profile PM WEB 
Korgscrew Offline

Posted: Sep. 01 2013, 09:20

Quote (olracUK @ Aug. 30 2013, 21:23)
So why are they sold out and telling me an expected delivery date of 5th September?

Amazon's delivery dates are often rather conservative...not to say that you definitely will get the items tomorrow, but I think it's best we wait and see what happens before getting too worked up about any of this.

From what spark said at the beginning of the thread, it seems like it could be more a case of Amazon taking orders for more copies than they've been allocated, so it's possible the finger for any problems should be pointed more at them than at Universal...but it's true that Universal has been responsible for some fairly major release disasters in the past, so I can understand the temptation. ;) Like I said, though, if it looks like there are major problems, I'll do some prodding to find out what's going on and hopefully get things sorted out!
Profile PM 
17 replies since Aug. 15 2013, 08:01 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net