Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (4) < 1 2 3 [4] >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: 2012 Olympic Opening Ceremony, Mike takes his rightful place.< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
CJJC Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Aug. 02 2012, 05:43

Much as I like that, if he were born in a hospital (rather than at home or in an emergency delivery somewhere out in public) in the UK it's highly unlikely that he would have been born in anything OTHER than an NHS hospital. I don't know anybody (born in the UK) who wasn't.

--------------
IMHO
Profile PM WEB 
bee Offline

Posted: Aug. 04 2012, 18:48

I don't know where to post this....

Tubular Bells @ The Ceremony: The whole piece was just remarkable and so special - I think all agree - made even more so by the fact the whole thing was an total surprise ( aren't good things always better when you don't know about them ) and I can honestly say this little 11 minutes or so is one of my very favourite things he has ever done. Of all time.

The part I absolutely love is after the quiet gentle bit, around 4:33 the single, the solitary opening few notes of Tubular Bells just waiting to be answered.  It is a moment of absolute, perfect stillness...before it all gathers speed and we hear the bells.   It's almost like a voice saying hesitantly...remember me?  Then the bells answer so unmistakably positively "YES!!! It must be great to hit those bells and hear that sound!

From the different views of the concert made available in a different thread elsewhere, (Thanks btw for them) you can see how the audience loved it. A real feel good moment for everyone.

I am having a problem with Dizzee Rascal though...I keep trying but I just don't get it!! Bonkers...yeah...right

--------------
....second to the right and straight on till morning....

You heard me before
Yet you hear me again
Then I die
Till I call me again
Profile PM 
bob the screamer Offline

Posted: Aug. 05 2012, 17:18

A bit late... but I just saw the performance on youtube for the first time now. I didn't expect much, but this was wonderful. Goosebumps all over, and the show was very suitable!

--------------
New free album out:

http://www.bobthescreamer.com/music/twinety-twine/
Profile PM 
Nacho Offline

Posted: Aug. 05 2012, 18:48

Quote (CJJC @ Aug. 02 2012, 11:43)
Much as I like that, if he were born in a hospital (rather than at home or in an emergency delivery somewhere out in public) in the UK it's highly unlikely that he would have been born in anything OTHER than an NHS hospital. I don't know anybody (born in the UK) who wasn't.

Mike was born in Battle Hospital, Reading

http://www.google.es/url?sa=....bxR2Hhg
Profile PM 
qjamesfloyd Offline

Posted: Aug. 07 2012, 04:02

What I find most amazing of all is, Mike Oldfield the man who has always had a great fear of performing live at all, who didn't really want to promote his first album by playing it live, has now just gone out and performed to over a Billion people!!!!!! I just find that amazing.
Profile PM 
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Posted: Aug. 07 2012, 04:25

Quote (qjamesfloyd @ Aug. 07 2012, 09:02)
What I find most amazing of all is, Mike Oldfield the man who has always had a great fear of performing live at all, who didn't really want to promote his first album by playing it live, has now just gone out and performed to over a Billion people!!!!!! I just find that amazing.

You've got the right point for the whole experience!

I was really impressed when he accepted the challenge and did so amazingly great at the Olympics. All those years of psychotherapy/meditation/exegesis have been payed off after that - psychological resilience. It doesn't matter if bits and pieces were mimed,he was there facing more than million people's audience.

At least for me,Mike's involvement with the Olympics has helped me at personal level.Such an inspiration :)

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
drorlast Offline

Posted: Aug. 14 2012, 11:19

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=257EDRKfQFk
Profile PM 
simmo2005 Offline

Posted: Aug. 23 2012, 16:55

not sure if anyone saw this vid from before, but lots of close-up shots of the stage (incl the other musicians) taken from an audience member. Great to see the audience enjoying the music up close!

SKIP TO 1: 20 ONWARDS...

Clip
Profile PM 
67 replies since July 27 2012, 16:46 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (4) < 1 2 3 [4] >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net