Group: Members
Posted: Jan. 02 2011, 08:58

Maybe this song suits me better
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4emHb-1MTQ

This is one heck uv a great song

--------------
Neither a borrower nor a lender be,
For loan oft loses both itself and friend,
And borrowing dulls the edge of husbandry.
Profile PM 
Ugo Offline

Posted: Jan. 02 2011, 08:58

Quote (HR lover @ Jan. 02 2011, 14:50)
I bet you also don't want to argue that the 2nd world war offcially ended in 1989? (just to be provocative :) )

@ ToZ: thanks a lot, very nice. :)

@ HR lover: of course I don't want to argue about that, because I know that it's true. Didn't the Wall (the one in Berlin, not Roger Waters' one!! :laugh:) fall in 1989?

Back on topic, I think I've already stated what my theme tunes could be. But this is my favourite song ever:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3eT464L1YRA

--------------
Ugo C. - a devoted Amarokian
Profile PM 
HR lover Offline

Posted: Jan. 02 2011, 09:32

Yes I also like that song. My favourite song used to be wonderful land. Then it became FMO. I also like This song:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pH3w058hRlc

My generation is very much inpsired by pokemon. I don't think an older generation can relate to this. But when you're young and you watch something like this, it does something to you. When you're young you don't seem to see how childish one thing is. If you're gonna watch this please do without prejudice and with a pure heart.

--------------
Profile PM 
nightspore Offline

Posted: Jan. 02 2011, 19:12

Quote (Ugo @ Jan. 02 2011, 08:58)
Back on topic, I think I've already stated what my theme tunes could be. But this is my favourite song ever:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3eT464L1YRA

It just goes to show how subjective music is. I agree with you about "Islands", but this song does absolutely nothing for me!
Profile PM 
Ugo Offline

Posted: Jan. 02 2011, 19:49

@ nightspore: do you refer to "Islands" by Mike (featuring Bonnie Tyler) or by King Crimson? :) The former is my personal no. 2 behind Bryan Adams, the latter is equally good but just doesn't get played as often - I have to be in a particular mood to enjoy it. Regarding "Heaven", yes, of course it's a purely subjective thing - already in ancient Roman times, Horace had realized about that and wrote that de gustibus non disputandum est. :)

--------------
Profile PM 
Milamber Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: Jan. 02 2011, 20:01

For quite a few years No One was writing soppy love songs like Mr Adams.
It was a resurgence of his career and during that period I saw him live twice and indeed he's a great live performer.

Heaven is paint by the numbers pop thats why it works    :)
Profile PM 
nightspore Offline

Posted: Jan. 02 2011, 20:41

Quote (Ugo @ Jan. 02 2011, 19:49)
@ nightspore: do you refer to "Islands" by Mike (featuring Bonnie Tyler) or by King Crimson? :)

"Islands" by MO.
Profile PM 
nightspore Offline

Posted: Jan. 02 2011, 20:42

Quote (milamber @ Jan. 02 2011, 20:01)
Heaven is paint

You can see who's itching to get back to work!  :laugh:
Profile PM 
HR lover Offline

Posted: Jan. 03 2011, 10:47

Nightspore I have a question about your avatar.
Can you tell me for example who this Daniel King is and what the picture represents? and why did you chose it as an avatar?

--------------
Profile PM 
Ugo Offline

Posted: Jan. 03 2011, 19:09

@ Nightspore: forgive me if I reply before you do. :) Daniel King is Nightspore's real-life name. He is a writer. His avatar is the cover of "Memento Mori", a book of his.

--------------
Profile PM 
HR lover Offline

Posted: Jan. 04 2011, 07:46

Ooooh can I get a free copy? please please
Myths of the K-mart sounds really funny to be honest.
Do you make loadsamoney with that? Or is that question too rude to ask? I also want to write a book one day.

--------------
Profile PM 
nightspore Offline

Posted: Jan. 04 2011, 08:19

Quote (HR lover @ Jan. 04 2011, 07:46)
Ooooh can I get a free copy? please please
Myths of the K-mart sounds really funny to be honest.
Do you make loadsamoney with that? Or is that question too rude to ask? I also want to write a book one day.

I don't think my publisher would be impressed if I handed out free copies (I actually don't have any spares anyway!;). I get a paltry royalty of a few bucks a copy for each one sold. You can get it via Amazon if you want someone to get it for you as a birthday present or whatever. I suspect Milander got his whole idea of the Tubularian of the year shenanigans from a story in the collection called "Chat Room", which is about chat room identity!
Profile PM 
HR lover Offline

Posted: Jan. 04 2011, 08:33

My father also wrote a book and got lots of free spares. I think he has like 20 of them. Too bad you don't have any spares.  Maybe I will buy a copy one day.

--------------
Profile PM 
HR lover Offline

Posted: Jan. 04 2011, 08:37

I just saw on amazon that people who bought your book also bought Atlas Shrugged  :D . Sorry to bring you the bad news.

--------------
Profile PM 
nightspore Offline

Posted: Jan. 04 2011, 19:28

Quote (HR lover @ Jan. 04 2011, 08:37)
I just saw on amazon that people who bought your book also bought Atlas Shrugged  :D . Sorry to bring you the bad news.

I've never heard of Atlas Shrugged - is it bad? Seriously, I wouldn't believe anything you read on Amazon. I know for a fact that the 'copies available' data is all smoke and mirrors.

Actually, HR, if you could get your local library to order in a copy of my book you'd be doing me a favour - and you'd be able to read it for free as well! I don't think Europe has any copies yet (although the UK and Ireland do).
Profile PM 
Ugo Offline

Posted: Jan. 04 2011, 19:35

@ nightspore, completely off-topic :D : if I told you that I'm willing to translate your book into Italian and spread it in Italy, who do you think should I talk to? Should I talk to your publisher? Or do you have an agent who handles translation rights? :)

P.S.: in spite of the smileys, this is meant as dead serious. Please let me know.

--------------
Profile PM 
nightspore Offline

Posted: Jan. 04 2011, 20:44

Quote (Ugo @ Jan. 04 2011, 19:35)
@ nightspore, completely off-topic :D : if I told you that I'm willing to translate your book into Italian and spread it in Italy, who do you think should I talk to? Should I talk to your publisher? Or do you have an agent who handles translation rights? :)

P.S.: in spite of the smileys, this is meant as dead serious. Please let me know.

That's a very kind thought, Ugo... I'll PM you with his details.
Profile PM 
HR lover Offline

Posted: Jan. 05 2011, 07:01

Not really Nightspore. Most people say it's the best book ever, but then again those people probably listen to lady gaga too. I don't think you would like the book because it's not really an intelligent book IMO.

--------------
Profile PM 
Sir Mustapha Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: Jan. 05 2011, 12:09

I'd say that "most" people think Ayn Rand's books are a pile of shit (the game BioShock, from 2007, is largely a very elaborate satire and deconstruction of her ideals -- if even A GAME makes fun of her...), but she does have a considerable army of very devout followers. Mostly she uses her books and novels as a means to deliver her ferocious propaganda, and she's not even very good at that. And folks like Neil Peart are more than a little influenced by her works.

--------------
Check out http://ferniecanto.com.br for all my music, including my latest albums: Don't Stay in the City, Making Amends and Builders of Worlds.
Also check my Bandcamp page: http://ferniecanto.bandcamp.com
Profile PM WEB 
ex member 892 Offline

Posted: Jan. 05 2011, 14:45

@Nightspore - You've never heard of Atlas Shrugged!? So you've never heard of Ayn Rand!? You have a degree in English and a Doctorate in Philosophy, correct? There's something wrong with this picture.

@Sir Mustapha - Your assertion that "most" people think Ayn Rand's books are a pile of shit is incorrect. Personally, I find her books boring but the ideas expressed within them fascinating. I am not an Objectivist but I agree with her ideas more than I disagree.
Profile PM 
82 replies since Dec. 27 2010, 04:58 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (5) < 1 2 [3] 4 5 >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net