Nuclear 5  [8.47%]
Chariots 5  [8.47%]
Following the Angels 1  [1.69%]
Irene 1  [1.69%]
I Give Myself Away 1  [1.69%]
Guests cannot vote
Pages: (3) < 1 2 [3] >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Your favourite MOTR track, What's your favourite track on CD1< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Piltdownboy on horseback 22 Offline

Group: Members
Posted: April 30 2021, 10:34

Certainly there will be a few happy notes in the music! Now, the weekend's here, time for a sip of beer and waiting for the inspiration. Cheers.

--------------
"And now we're going to play Platinum!"
Profile PM 
bluemlein Offline

Posted: May 02 2021, 11:38

piltdownboy - unlike you, i write. words, not musical notes, are my tools. being plagued at times with three or four different ideas for my characters is bad enough, but sometimes i get a musical phrase or segment - doesn't matter whether MO or classical or "my old man's a dustman" - and it won't let go.  i can't imagine what the working mind of a musician/composer must be like. my husband was a studio musician lost in his own world - he wouldn't have been able to enlighten me on anything. :)  ;)  :D
Profile PM 
Piltdownboy on horseback 22 Offline

Posted: May 03 2021, 15:42

Hello Bluemlein,
Nice to hear about that. I'll PM you with a question, because it's not topic-related!
:)

--------------
"And now we're going to play Platinum!"
Profile PM 
nightspore Offline

Posted: May 04 2021, 09:01

Quote (bluemlein @ April 29 2021, 11:44)
happy to hear this, piltdownboy. i debated for one nanosecond whether to leave in the ref. to the aunts. but - i'm old and in another millennium when i knew no better i was guilty of sipping a cuplet of such soup.

Cuplet - ha ha.

I thought I was being offered terrapin soup once but I misheard; it was actually Tiramisu.

The reference to the turtle made me think of the Tres Lunas game, where pearls are cast at the turtle.
Profile PM 
bluemlein Offline

Posted: May 04 2021, 17:48

big diff between terrapin and tiramisu - unless you think they're speaking greek. at least the pearls aren't being cast before our porcine friends!

Q: do you prefer MOTR acoustic or full treatment ? i admit the former is haunting but spiller's voice, while it has a tremolo that's obscured by the electric, is a bit thin.
Profile PM 
nightspore Offline

Posted: May 04 2021, 19:06

Quote (bluemlein @ May 04 2021, 17:48)
big diff between terrapin and tiramisu - unless you think they're speaking greek. at least the pearls aren't being cast before our porcine friends!

Q: do you prefer MOTR acoustic or full treatment ? i admit the former is haunting but spiller's voice, while it has a tremolo that's obscured by the electric, is a bit thin.

The tiramisu word was uttered while a lot of other people were speaking.

I prefer the non-vocal version of MOTR, simply because the focus is on the instrumental texture rather than on the singer (perfectly fine though the singing is).
Profile PM 
bluemlein Offline

Posted: May 04 2021, 23:20

yes, one supposes that one listens to MO for the qualities he coaxes, draws and drags out of his instruments - not too many can do what he does. i was listening to the acoustic version for about a minute before i thought hey wait! i want the full treatment! but i listened to the end. that tremolo is not too bad - but he has a way to go before he has full control of his vocal cords (and i don't mean operatic).
Profile PM 
nightspore Offline

Posted: May 05 2021, 22:40

The varying subject matter of the songs tends to try to push the album towards disunity as well. With the purely instrumental versions it's much more seamless.
Profile PM 
ShakC Offline

Posted: Feb. 11 2022, 04:03

'Dreaming In The Wind' is my favourite. Although LS did a fine job on the album overall (especially on the title track), for this one I'd have preferred a female vocalist. I think that would've have made a hit single in Europe.
Profile PM 
48 replies since Mar. 05 2014, 04:57 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (3) < 1 2 [3] >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net