Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Your expert opinions asked for please,hi i'm new!, drum n bass remix of tubular bells...< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
topaz Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Oct. 18 2003, 23:56

hello people, i know this isn't the best of first posts, but i have a kinda excuse....my close friend Daz, who's had a pretty tough life so far, has made a drum n bass remix of tubular bells and called it 'tubular bass'... i think it's really good, but then i am a drum n bass dj! lol... anyway, what i'm hoping for is some opinions from you lot, the die-hard mike oldfield fans... please listen to it and post your comments....

it's not been pressed or anything like that, but Daz is such a nice geezer who'd help anyone that i thought i'd try and help him.... in an ideal world, mr. oldfield himself would listen to it and maybe even like it....?  as far as the dnb scene goes, it would definately be a best selling 'anthem' tune and although Daz is happy not to make ANY money for it, i'd be my dream to see the look on his face if he got permission to release it, that's all.....

sorry if this post is in the wrong forum, but hey, hi all from extremely rainy Wales....

Tubular Bass!!

ooooooo, i could just imagine the look on Daz's face if he were told he could release it (and give all the money to mr. oldfield)... i know nothing in this life is particularly easy, but Daz deserves a break, please post something nice if you like it... thank you.....(p.s. i'd put a grinning smiley here usually, but i can't find them,sorry, lol!!;)
Profile PM 
timshen Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Oct. 19 2003, 06:16

Nice! Certainly an worthy dnb mix. That's not really my scene and it does seem rather repetetive, but it would work in the right atmosphere - epecially for dance.

Somehow I love the beginning with the guitar the most - though i'm a guitar guy myself :-)

--------------
Expect Great Things.
Attempt Great Things.
Profile PM 
1 replies since Oct. 18 2003, 23:56 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net