Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (7) < ... 2 3 4 5 6 [7] >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: www.mikeoldfield-tubularbells.com< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Down Under
Unregistered

Posted: April 24 2003, 17:31

Toby, you are absolutely right, that "pitch bending vibrato" is absolutely awful!!!  It makes the intro sound really cheap and nasty, something like all that mid-1970s disco stuff.  As a matter of fact, it makes me think of "Disco Duck", one of the rather infamous "hits" of the time!  Fancy having to compare "The Master" with that?  TB2003 = MO vs. Disco Duck?  Aaaargh!  I wonder if anybody will be able to find something in any audio editing software which can straighten each pitch bend out?  I sure hope so.  C'mon everybody, let's all put our heads together and try to find a way!  The sample is, hopefully, an easy piece to expeiment with.
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: April 25 2003, 09:10

If you wanted to do that from the stereo mix, you'd have to split off what's in the centre (the M component) and run it through something like Autotune, which if you're lucky might be able to remove the bends and vibrato without making it sound incredibly strange (that's even stranger than it is, if you think it sounds strange already). How well that works would depend on what else is in the centre, and how much of an S component the bass has (things like stereo reverb, delay and chorus would spread it out into the sides). If you could reliably single out the bass like that, I think it would actually be quicker and more natural sounding to record it again...in fact, the better solution would be just to record the whole lot again...
Profile PM 
Daisy
Unregistered

Posted: April 25 2003, 11:59

but you haven't heard the whole lot yet  ;)
Holger Offline

Group: Members
Posted: April 25 2003, 12:37

Yeah, the best solution will probably be if we all record our own Tubular Bells, each to his or her own liking.  :p
Profile PM 
Mark 1 Offline

Posted: April 25 2003, 17:23

Yes, lets do that - and we can all decide in a few years that we didn't like the recordings we made and redo them, and then all of the people we let hear our original version can complain that they preferred our original version of Mikes new version of his original version... :D
Profile PM 
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Posted: April 25 2003, 20:34

Quote (Tati The Sentinel @ April 22 2003, 16:01)
The second sample(and hidden) from the new TB2003 seems that the Introduction has been restrcutured like Sentinel to be released as a single...and I enjoyed it...more coincidences between TB II and the original TB(and now the re-recording).

And it seems to me that the single Introduction is going to be released soon,since we have just almost a month before the album´s launch...remember To Be Free from TL,it was released in the end of April,as far I can rememeber...

Okay,you can hear the Introduction single as well as the video for it on www.mikeoldfield-tubularbells.com

About the single...my opinion has changed... :(  :(  :(

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Posted: April 26 2003, 20:54

More pics from The Complete Tubular Bells - Mike Oldfield box!

Inside The Complete Tubular Bells

Outside The Complete Tubular Bells

Check out the pics and see some curious things on it...

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
Holger Offline

Posted: April 27 2003, 08:03

Looks pretty much as one would expect. Not bad!
Profile PM 
Ugo Offline

Posted: April 27 2003, 17:38

Quote (Blue Dolphin @ April 23 2003, 17:38)
And since when are you a sanatic member??? ;)

[Off Topic!!]

Dolphin: I am since I reached post no. 666.
Ask dkaycom for the exact reasons why. He knows. :)

--------------
Ugo C. - a devoted Amarokian
Profile PM 
Blue Dolphin Offline

Posted: April 27 2003, 18:07

Ha phunny :D

--------------
-The mark of a good musician is to play one note and mean it-

Mike Oldfield - 1980
Profile PM 
ristovski filip
Unregistered

Posted: May 16 2003, 17:54

very good
Blue Dolphin Offline

Posted: May 16 2003, 23:20

Has it something to do with dkaycom's Quake 3 like avatar??  :laugh:

--------------
-The mark of a good musician is to play one note and mean it-

Mike Oldfield - 1980
Profile PM 
Jack Claridge
Unregistered

Posted: May 29 2003, 16:14

[QUOTE]
Whey-hey - it's here and it rocks.  Just got Tubular Bells 2003 and it really was worth the 30 year wait to hear what it should have sounded like all those years ago.  I remember hearing TB for the first time when I was 5, my mum had the original LP (cost a grand total of £2.50 back then).  I was pleasantly surprised by John Cleese doing the instrument announcements - pity Viv Stanshall wasn't around but never mind, I'm sure Mike's done him proud.  I am totally in awe of the man who inspired me to get into music in the first place - thank you Mike, you're a true genius and no mistake and a big one in the eye for all those who said you shouldnt have done it.  For anyone reading this who doesnt have TB 2003 - why not?  You're missing one of the greatest albums of all time - to number one....and beyond!!!!
Chris-Llawen
Unregistered

Posted: Aug. 08 2003, 16:07

You're missing one of the greatest albums of all time - to number one....and beyond!!!!

as fans of Mike Oldfield, i think it is very hard for any of us to miss Tubular Bells ; )

Yours cheekily,
CL
133 replies since April 11 2003, 07:32 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (7) < ... 2 3 4 5 6 [7] >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net