Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Wrong booklet credit, 'Rarity' ?< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Ugo Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Sep. 03 2004, 20:59

On my Islands [European version] CD booklet, the vocalist of 'Magic touch' is credited as Jim Price. I think this is wrong, because AFAIK Jim Price did the American version of that song, which is distinguishable from the European one by a slightly different pronunciation of 'magic' [something like 'majayk' instead of 'mageek' :)]. So what I'd like to ask you is:

1) Is it right what I am thinking, i.e. that Jim Price sang the US version and Max Bacon sang the European one, or is it vice versa?

2) If Max Bacon did the European version, is my booklet a rarity :) or are all of the [Virgin] European booklets of Islands printed like that?

If, instead, Jim Price did the European version, please do not care at all about any of the above. :D

--------------
Ugo C. - a devoted Amarokian
Profile PM 
dkaycom Offline

Posted: Sep. 04 2004, 05:55

Quote (Ugo @ Sep. 04 2004, 02:59)
2) If Max Bacon did the European version, is my booklet a rarity :) or are all of the [Virgin] European booklets of Islands printed like that?

well, mine says the same....

so we'd have 2 "rarities" by now.
:)

Later,

dkay

NP:  Sex Pistols - No Feelings

--------------
Bootlegs should be shared not sold.
(BlackCottonMafia)

Find more tubular sounds at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Incantations/
Profile PM WEB 
EeToN Offline

Posted: Sep. 04 2004, 06:25

Quote (Ugo @ Sep. 04 2004, 02:59)
1) Is it right what I am thinking, i.e. that Jim Price sang the US version and Max Bacon sang the European one, or is it vice versa?

It's reversely... Jim sang the international version and Max sang the US version.

--------------
If I were music, I would be Enigmatism.
Profile PM WEB 
Spinne Offline

Posted: Sep. 09 2004, 10:17

Hi everybody

Jim Price is the vocalist on the european (standard) version and Max Bacon is the vocalist on the USA version (only in the one with different cover in black and white (http://users.mundivia.es/ayllonp/amadian/covers/islands_us.jpg)) and the single edit. Both Max Bacon versions are included on the compilation A Virgin Compilation. If you still have any doubt about it you can compare the voices with the one on other MO songs sung by Max Bacon such as Hostage, Bridge To paradise or Earth Moving (disco version/club mix) and you will see it's the same voice that in the american version  ;)

Hope this has threw some light on the matter
Profile PM 
Craig Evans Offline

Posted: Sep. 13 2005, 13:39

Quote (Ugo @ Sep. 03 2004, 20:59)

I originally thought that as well but now I know it is vice versa.  :)  :)

--------------
"It is good to be on Horseback" - Mike Oldfield "On Horseback"

"(Insert "The Thunderstorm" here)"
Profile PM 
4 replies since Sep. 03 2004, 20:59 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net