Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Worn it out!, Remastered or not...< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Fingers Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Aug. 01 2003, 05:02

I'm after advice...

I've worn out my Amarok CD. It's started to take that litle bit longer to start and there's places where it's jumping. There's scratches on the surface and I figure it's time to get another copy!

On Amazon.co.uk there's two different listings - but neither say "remastered" - they just have different release dates. I'm assuming the 2000 release is the remastered version. (can anyone confirm..? ie I know it was released then, but has anyone bought from Amazon and definitely got the remastered version?)

Before I buy a version which might be different from the beloved CD I've worn out - can someone please highlight the key differences I'll hear between the two releases?
Profile PM 
Mike Chadwick Offline

Posted: Aug. 01 2003, 09:12

the copy from 2000 is a remastered version (i don't know why they didn't wrote it on amazon.com)

The differences beetween standard and remastered edition are :

1) the booklet has got a small info about "amarok" album - when it was released,how it was difficult to make it, about Zulu vocalist and things like that.
2) there is a nice list of all instruments played but there is no story that was in standard edition of album
3) the sound is loud and clear - it is much moe natural and selective- although on a small hi-fi it is very hard to spot the differences in teh sound of "amarok" remastered and standard version.... If you have a bigger hi-fi with subwoofer you will surely hear how big is teh sound now......
4)more basses - selsctive bass makes the sound more dynamic (opening riff, lion section)
5) at last it is easier to hear hidden words,morse code,strange voices,sound effects....some sudden noises are louder than before

Ok,you can buy remastered edition without fear because it is worth buying and listening...

--------------
kik-eze kik-eze
Profile PM 
Fingers Offline

Posted: Aug. 01 2003, 10:17

Have just done so. Thanks for your help.
Profile PM 
2 replies since Aug. 01 2003, 05:02 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net