Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Wind Turbine World< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
nightspore Offline

Group: Members
Posted: May 24 2008, 11:18

I think it was Alan who mentioned an ideal medal-getting sequence for completing the Gravitar quest in the shortest amount of time. Surely the medal in Wind-Turbine World must be one of the easiest to get, sitting as it is on the top of the spiral stairs. Does Wind Turbine World contain anything else of note? In many respects it seems a pale copy of Desert White.
Profile PM 
Alan D Offline

Posted: May 24 2008, 12:53

Sorry, posted twice in error. If a passing admin should see this, would you please delete it?
Profile PM 
Alan D Offline

Posted: May 24 2008, 12:54

Quote (nightspore @ May 24 2008, 16:18)
Does Wind Turbine World contain anything else of note?

Yes. There's a platform - you know, a space platform/gravitar pen kind of thing - I think at the bottom of the steps - that is very well worth visiting. However, the complex level of activity as you approach it is such that you may conceivably encounter one of your 'slow processing' issues.

There's something else somewhere, too - I'm blowed if I can remember - I seem to recall a place where there's a fountain of objects or something like that. Sorry I can't be more specific - I need to go back.
Profile PM 
nightspore Offline

Posted: May 24 2008, 22:07

I'm not sure my computer does have slow processing issues - it plays movies perfectly well, after all - yet it definitely doesn't like the gravitar spacelift sequence. I tried again last night, having defragmented my computer, and if anything it was worse. The gravitar vanished and the spacelift refused to approach the giant medal. There's probably some code sequence that my computer has issues with.
Profile PM 
Alan D Offline

Posted: May 25 2008, 03:52

Quote (nightspore @ May 25 2008, 03:07)
I'm not sure my computer does have slow processing issues - it plays movies perfectly well, after all

There's no comparison between those two activities though, Daniel. When Maestro runs on my computer (1G of RAM), even just 'idling', with little onscreen activity, CPU activity is close to 100%, and memory usage typically 180M. By comparison, when a movie plays, CPU usage is only about 15% and memory usage only about 25M. MusicVR puts a far larger strain on system resources than anything else I do on my computer, actually.

[I'm pretty sure this is how Trinidad managed to get Maestro to do weird things when he was posting some strange pictures a few years ago - by setting up lots of competing processes so that MVR was struggling for resources - and then using that slowdown to intervene in odd ways.]

If you open Task Manager before you start the game, you'll be able to monitor CPU and memory usage and see exactly what's going on when the program's running.
Profile PM 
4 replies since May 24 2008, 11:18 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net