Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (5) < 1 2 [3] 4 5 >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Win a place at the Music of the Spheres premiere!< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
txuntb Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Mar. 02 2008, 10:04

Tati be sure i am not angry with no one but my luck. Sincerely i think if you mention the number of invitations the expectation is acordding with the number. I must say again that Korgs did a great work, and took me three days dreaming, this is enough to say thank you.
Profile PM 
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: Mar. 02 2008, 11:00

Quote (txuntb @ Mar. 02 2008, 15:04)
Sincerely i think if you mention the number of invitations the expectation is acordding with the number.

Yes, I think you're right there. I tried to hint at that by saying it was 'a handful' but I realise that was pretty abstract. We just didn't want to make concrete decisions too quickly, and as mikeoldfield.org hadn't given out any figures, we figured we wouldn't either...like I say, not really an ideal way of doing things, but it's been a bit of a scramble!

I wish everyone luck in the other draws that are taking place, and I'll also let people know if we have any more places for some reason.

I'm glad you understand the situation, txuntb - it hasn't been an entirely happy experience for us either, because we know just how many people want to go and we saw from everyone's messages just how much it means to a lot of people. Having, say, 50 places (we did try...) would have made it a bit easier, maybe...but that wasn't how it happened.
On the flipside of that, Universal are allowing in far more fans in total than we ever imagined, so it's not something we can grumble about too much!
Profile PM 
BTH Offline

Group: Members.
Posted: Mar. 02 2008, 11:30

OK, since things are all sorted I'd better reveal myself as one of the lucky VERY few - I can't believe just how lucky I am - I'd no idea that just five places would be available. I also feel almost bad posting this because I realize how many people are disappointed and had built up such hopes. I think if I hadn't got a place I'd be pretty down about it alright... All I can say is that I will do my utmost to record, document and otherwise share the experience with everyone here. I feel incredibly privileged and I just want to thank all the gang, mainly Korgscrew, who have fought tooth and nail to get tickets in the first place and who have then had to run this competition to distribute them fairly. I look forward to seing you and the rest of the lucky ones in Bilbao.
BRIAN

--------------
Tá mé an amadán ag cheoil...
Profile PM 
GodGift Offline

Posted: Mar. 02 2008, 12:52

Well, I'm the secon one who is one of the lucky team. It's actually the first time I've won anything in my life. I thing I'm gonna be only one person from Poland but maybe not? who knows...

And guys, don't blame anyone that there were only few 'tickets' but it's nobody's fault. If the concert would be official and there would be possibility to buy tickets it would be muc h easier to get there. But Mike, I think, doesn't feel strong enaugh to make a huge concert. He's got child - just born etc etc and don't forget that he is no more 20 years old... And doesn't need so much money like many of old rock band, which are now coming back like Queen etc.
Just fingers crossed that he may promote more his next album with few or at least one nice concert! :)

--------------
What a lovely day!
Profile PM 
Sweetpea Offline

Posted: Mar. 02 2008, 14:19

Quote (BTH @ Mar. 02 2008, 11:30)
I also feel almost bad posting this because I realize how many people are disappointed and had built up such hopes.

I'm glad you said "almost", BTH, otherwise I'd feel bad about you feeling bad. Congratulations and revel in your good fortune!

Quote (Godgift @ Mar. 02 2008, 12:52)
I thing I'm gonna be only one person from Poland but maybe not?

Godgift, this reminds me of what a uniquely intimate event this will be - as opposed to a usual large-scale concert, I mean. And that this is not only a special opportunity to see Mike perform, but also to meet some fellow fans and TB-ers in real life. I hope you guys have a good time, there.  :)

--------------
"I'm no physicist, but technically couldn't Mike both be with the horse and be flying through space at the same time? (On account of the earth's orbit around the Sun and all that). So it seems he never had to make the choice after all. I bet he's kicking himself now." - clotty
Profile PM 
manintherain Offline

Posted: Mar. 02 2008, 14:20

I´m more than happy to say that I´ll be joining you in Bilbao.

And I´m looking forward to another impressive concert after Edinburgh 1992 and London 1998.

And, once again, I´d like to thank Korgscrew, Tim and Mary-Carol and all others involved for their huge efforts in bringing this event for us to real life.

Excellent! AAAAA+++++

:)  :)  :)  :)  :)
Profile PM 
Matt Offline

Group: Admins
Posted: Mar. 02 2008, 14:35

Many thanks to Korgi and the rest for their hard work, I think everybody is starting to understand how much effort you have all been putting in. Good luck to those fortunate five winners! And I look forward to hearing how the "Tubular Ten" get on next week....  :D

--------------
"I say I say I say I say, what's got three bottles and five eyes and no legs and two wheels"
Profile PM 
paul@mikeoldfield.org Offline

Posted: Mar. 03 2008, 18:09

Its easy with hindsight to say that the distribution of tickets could have been handled differently, but as Korgscrew indicated we've not had a lot of time and this is not something that I think any of us have done before.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing from which we learn to do things better next time... will there be a next time... who knows.   Some aspects of things like this have to kept under wraps to preserve the integrity and sometimes the anonymity of the people that we deal with.  Regarding the number of tickets: we felt that this was not really relevant to the giveaway, which is why we chose not to reveal it on mikeoldfield.org

Spare a thought though, I imagine that all of us that run web sites, produce magazines etc. do so unfunded and in our spare time (mmm what spare time methinks...) I know sometimes it can be frustrating not being directly involved ( believe me its more frustrating when you are!;) we just did what we thought was right at the time.

Please also understand that getting to this stage has taken a huge amount of effort on the part of many individuals.  Chris and I personally went to meet with the Universal folks to help establish credibility to make this ticket distribution happen.  In addition, like Korgscrew, I've spent hours and hours emailing and calling.

This is also the first time that I have seen one of Mike's record company's offer something like this, and I've had a fair amount of contact with the various companies over the years.  The Music of the Spheres promotion started last June - a lot of work has gone into this release, which is evidenced by the press, signed CD's etc. etc.

This is a wonderful opportunity, I know its only for a select few. I'm sorry that we could not get more tickets (believe me, we tried ;-) ) to offer to more people.  Let me say that my girlfriend and my son are really not best pleased that I'm not taking them with me...  

I am grateful and feel privileged for the opportunity to attend this concert, which I understand will be to an audience of just around 220 last time I heard figures.

We'll try and report back as best we can.  Someone is attending the press conference, and there'll no doubt be reviews and perhaps some photos from the concert.  Though from what I am told photos are at the discretion of the Guggenheim.  

I don't think I am speaking out of turn here, but you should all get the chance to hear the concert, since it is being officially recorded, I'm not sure whether it is being filmed though, for a possible release through itunes and perhaps other digital retailers.  It has also been suggested that Mike's full demo recording of the album will also be released through the same channels.

More details as we get them.

Paul
Profile PM 
Harmono Offline

Posted: Mar. 03 2008, 20:14

It's wonderful you guys were able to make all this happen.
I Just can't wait to hear all about the concert!
I'm sure the lucky ones are already packing their bags. :cool:

That Guggenheim building looks even more bizarre to me than the Sydney Opera House. :cool:
Profile PM 
Tubularman Offline

Group: Awaiting Authorisation
Posted: Mar. 03 2008, 21:00

good luck all winners :)
I wish i could but there was no time...
And imust say thansk to the admins for theyre work on this. Enjoy  :cool:

--------------
Mike Oldfield M i x e s
https://soundcloud.com/tubularman
Profile PM WEB 
clotty Offline

Posted: Mar. 04 2008, 02:46

I'm feeling slightly unworthy at the moment. Why? Well I was one of the incredibly lucky members of this forum that received a very unexpected email from Korgscrew at 4.31am  on Saturday. I am still trying to get over the shock.

Unlike the administrators of this site, who spend time every week making the site what it is (that's brilliant btw), I haven't done anything special to deserve such a chance.

I'm not even a prolific poster on the site. I just go to 'New Posts' most days and take in the latest contributions, adding a response only when I can think of something useful or mildly witty to say in reply. So I'm very aware that there are some disappointed people out there.

The Internet is a strange thing - despite the fact that most of us have never met each other, there seems to be a real sense of community on the forum, played out through discussion and some banter. As a result, as well as being very excited about the concert, I'm also looking forward to meeting a few of the people behind the posts.

Many thanks to the folks that made the trip possible and thanks to 'The Lady' who surprised me on Saturday morning.

--------------
Clotty
Profile PM WEB 
Tubularman Offline

Group: Awaiting Authorisation
Posted: Mar. 04 2008, 02:57

Quote (clotty @ Mar. 04 2008, 08:46)
I haven't done anything special to deserve such a chance.

you seem to be very greatful and most of all, a mike oldfield fan :)
That must be a reason for it self  :cool:

--------------
Mike Oldfield M i x e s
https://soundcloud.com/tubularman
Profile PM WEB 
Ray Offline

Posted: Mar. 04 2008, 07:32

Quote (clotty @ Mar. 04 2008, 07:46)
I'm feeling slightly unworthy at the moment. Why?

Stop talking S***E  ( that is the scottish version by the way!;) and go to the concert and have fun and let us know how it was.  You are no different to me - I do exactly the same - just  - have a bit of fun - when really I mostly just like the music and find it fun to occasional have a bit of banter with other who do too.  So probably everyone who asked for a ticket  (or at least their name on the list) is the same or similar - except the Admin guys who deserve to go in my view.

I think it is great that they are allowing even 30 or so fans to go.  And I think it is great that you are getting to go.  I can't understand how anyone can be negative about it.   Not everyone can go - until later in the the year when there is a commercial concert.

If I really wanted to go I would become an international freelance journalist by paying to join the relative institution.  :cool:

Just keep away from those £0.10 bottles of spanish wine - my wife Jonelle will confirm their effects..!!
Ray

--------------
Looking out over the harbour in Peel.......
Profile PM 
olracUK Offline

Posted: Mar. 04 2008, 07:36

Congratulations to the winners, I would be jealous if I had had the time and money to go! And the Tub.net team deserve their break after so much effort to secure even a few tickets.

Just make sure you all get plenty of footage/pictures and blogs for us to keep in touch  :D

--------------
The answer is 42 - but what is the question?
Profile PM 
HuanCry Offline

Posted: Mar. 04 2008, 13:00

I hope theres a few TV companies there to broadcast interviews and possible clips of the concert ... I would have thought they might film clips to be used towards a TV promo advert ?  :)
Profile PM 
manintherain Offline

Posted: Mar. 04 2008, 13:40

Looks like:

Rehearsals

:D  :D  :D  :D  :D

Edited by manintherain on Mar. 04 2008, 13:42
Profile PM 
HuanCry Offline

Posted: Mar. 04 2008, 14:04

In it FANTASTIC ..Just passed by Oldfield.de and saw it ..it looks like first rehearsals today ..a bit of a racket at the moment thought ...and the concert is Friday Night !!! ..BLIMEY THEY'VE GOT THERE WORK CUT OUT !!!!

:D
Profile PM 
HuanCry Offline

Posted: Mar. 04 2008, 14:06

HOPE THEY SHOW CLIPS TOMORROW AND THURSDAY !!!!  :D
Profile PM 
Sweetpea Offline

Posted: Mar. 06 2008, 01:12

For our "Tubular Ten": an e-card (with sound).

--------------
"I'm no physicist, but technically couldn't Mike both be with the horse and be flying through space at the same time? (On account of the earth's orbit around the Sun and all that). So it seems he never had to make the choice after all. I bet he's kicking himself now." - clotty
Profile PM 
manintherain Offline

Posted: Mar. 06 2008, 01:24

Thank you very much, Irene.

Heading off to Spain now.

:)
Profile PM 
84 replies since Feb. 27 2008, 09:41 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (5) < 1 2 [3] 4 5 >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net