Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (5) < 1 [2] 3 4 5 >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Win a place at the Music of the Spheres premiere!< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
manintherain Offline

Group: Members.
Posted: Feb. 29 2008, 16:55

For almost 30 years I haven´t seen such a joint effort in order to let people take part in one of Mikes unique concerts.

It´s just incredible!

Thanks to everyone who tries to make it happen!

:D
Profile PM 
Oysterman55 Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Feb. 29 2008, 16:57

Good luck everyone - someone's going to get lucky!
Profile PM 
Ray Offline

Posted: Feb. 29 2008, 16:59

It will be nice for whoever goes

--------------
Looking out over the harbour in Peel.......
Profile PM 
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: Feb. 29 2008, 19:12

Well that's it - it's now gone midnight and the competition's closed for entries. We'll pick out the names tonight (with the help of a very large hat! ) and will be in touch with the winners as soon as possible!

The winners won't be announced here immediately as we'll want to first check that the winners can absolutely definitely make it. Once it's all confirmed and, assuming everyone's happy with their identities being revealed, it'll all go up here on Monday evening (which is the confirmation deadline with Universal).

Here's wishing the best of luck to everyone!
Profile PM 
yanouch65 Offline

Posted: Mar. 01 2008, 03:24

Don't wait too long please, because it will be hard to find a flight to Bilbao!

:)

--------------
Ray said : "it is a shame you don't play"

manintherain said: "You´d better ask Mr. Y who was first"

yanouch65 says: "I am in love with Scotland"
Profile PM 
txuntb Offline

Posted: Mar. 01 2008, 04:44

Hey Korgs i think you must say when all the winners had been emailed. I am terrible nervous now, cause i don´t know if i don´t win or you haven´t finished email.  :/
Profile PM 
Korgscrew Offline

Posted: Mar. 01 2008, 07:10

We sent out the emails in the (very) early hours of this morning...it was a long night, so sorry for not having posted here sooner. Unless we either have people drop out or we get more places from Universal (there's a very small possibility of both), then if you haven't heard from us by now, you're unfortunately not one of the winners.

I have to say it was an incredibly tough thing. I had so many nice messages from people and it would have been really nice just to have let everyone come...we just couldn't do that. Hopefully this might at least show how great a demand there is for concerts like this, so that in future, everyone can come!

There's still time for Dark Star subscribers to enter the mikeoldfield.org draw, and for Spanish fans to enter the draw at mikeoldfieldblog.com. There should also be some places for German fans, but we're currently trying to work out what Universal has done with them. We've also been told they'll be in touch with us if there are any more places that need allocating - I imagine there's a fairly slim chance of that happening, but we'll see.
Profile PM 
yanouch65 Offline

Posted: Mar. 01 2008, 09:12

No email....

:/

--------------
Ray said : "it is a shame you don't play"

manintherain said: "You´d better ask Mr. Y who was first"

yanouch65 says: "I am in love with Scotland"
Profile PM 
zinc Offline

Posted: Mar. 01 2008, 14:18

ZincBoo Hoo no email. Well done to those that got a golden ticket!
Profile PM 
crises1980 Offline

Posted: Mar. 01 2008, 15:33

Quote (yanouch65 @ Mar. 01 2008, 09:12)
No email....

:/

No email neither. :/

Congratulations for the winners!

BTW, thanks a lot Korgscrew - if it wasn't for your warning ("make some noise!") nobody knows what had happened with the invitations from Universal Spain that had already been granted to some individual, AFAIK.

Man in the Rain - yeah, after all these time, we patient fans became devotees at some point. LOL I hope Mike himself know that all his fandom is still moving!
Profile PM 
paul@mikeoldfield.org Offline

Posted: Mar. 02 2008, 06:07

Congratulations to all those that have won tickets.  Sorry that we could not get any more tickets for more of you to go.

The response for tickets has been tremendous at mikeoldfield.org too but regrettably we cannot accept trades for old cars, girlfriends or even money!

It would be good to organise a get together for those fans that will be attending the concert.  Perhaps we can all meet outside the Guggenheim at 19:00?

Any other suggestions?

Paul
Profile PM 
timshen Offline

Posted: Mar. 02 2008, 06:23

No email for me either - not surprising as I didn't enter the competition due to not being in the position to go!!!!!

Congrats to all who were selected and commiserations to those who missed out - i'm sure there will be a bigger concert in the future that we can all go to :-)

Look forward to hearing who made it and being happy for them :-)

--------------
Expect Great Things.
Attempt Great Things.
Profile PM 
timshen Offline

Posted: Mar. 02 2008, 06:29

:O

--------------
Expect Great Things.
Attempt Great Things.
Profile PM 
Korgscrew Offline

Posted: Mar. 02 2008, 07:05

Quote (paul@mikeoldfield.org @ Mar. 02 2008, 11:07)
The response for tickets has been tremendous at mikeoldfield.org too but regrettably we cannot accept trades for old cars, girlfriends or even money!

Hey...nobody offered us any of those!

It would be good to organise a get together for those fans that will be attending the concert.  Perhaps we can all meet outside the Guggenheim at 19:00?

Any other suggestions?

We're still collating together everyone's travel plans right now, but I'd certainly think everyone should be around at about that time. We'll talk about this!
Profile PM 
txuntb Offline

Posted: Mar. 02 2008, 08:20

:(
Profile PM 
txuntb Offline

Posted: Mar. 02 2008, 08:32

Its a bit strange, no winner had post after the draw. No one knows how many invitations were avalaible. mmmmmmmmmm.... :( No transparency. Bad thing.
Profile PM 
Korgscrew Offline

Posted: Mar. 02 2008, 09:06

Heh, well, you'll find out soon enough! Once everyone meets in Bilbao, it'll be pretty obvious how many people have come from our party. We don't want to go through the process of announcing who's coming only to have to say "Whoops, no, sorry, Bob from Birmingham got his travel arrangements in a mess and can't make it" - it wouldn't be terribly nice for that person. I did make that perfectly clear at the time the draw closed. We also ideally ought to check with Universal to make sure there are no duplicates.

But ok, I can understand your concerns here. It's the first time we've done anything like this, and I think it's fair to say that we're learning a fair amount about how it's really best to handle things.

We were allocated 10 places. Our main concern at the time we got them was actually starting the draw and making sure that people had a reasonable amount of time to enter. We were still at that time trying to work out how many of our own team members were coming and whether we needed anyone else to get anyone else on board to help. That issue of help in particular was one which we debated over a lot - obviously some ticket winners might have been willing to help with certain things, but unless we actually asked people if they would, then picked based on that, we'd have had no guarantee of anything.
So...as it's worked out, there are four of us from the tubular.net team going, plus someone who's been helping us make various arrangements (and who, I should add, has given us an incredible amount of help). The remaining five places were offered in the draw.

I think that things are now pretty much finalised (though we won't have everything confirmed with Universal until tomorrow), so if the winners want to make themselves known to the world, they can do so!

I hope that the way we've done things feels fair to everyone. We've tried to make it that way. There have been a number of things that have made that very difficult, not least the lack of time.

I should also remind you that I've done precious little else apart from work on this for the past few weeks. I've spent days on end calling Universal every few minutes and talking to answering machines, and so has Tim. If you want to decide what happens to things like this in future, I'd suggest you do the same thing. We were under no orders to give any tickets away like this at all - it was our decision to do this and give people a chance at coming. I realise that the chance was fairly small, but it was the best we felt we could do. If people are going to make us feel that this whole competition was a mistake, it's hardly going to encourage us to do a similar thing in the future.
Profile PM 
txuntb Offline

Posted: Mar. 02 2008, 09:28

Ok Korgs. I congratulate you and the winners, i never said that i don´t apreciate your work to find these invitations, in fact i think you did a great work, i just claim for somemore transparency, nothing else. i am sorry if you felt bad, it wasn´t my intemption, and now with just five invitation i understand my little chances.
Profile PM 
arron11196 Offline

Posted: Mar. 02 2008, 09:30

And I'll be the first to thank you for your efforts, Korgy... ever the under-appreciated mod here who slaves away relentlessly to help us, the MO devotees.

I'm sure everyone will join with me in thanking you for your efforts. If I was in position to put myself forward to come, I would have done so ages ago... unfortunately I can't participate in this event, but I would sure like the opportunity to participate in events in the future, when my financial circumstances will allow me to.

Thank you for your efforts, and I hope you can consider making them in future possible events.

--------------
Arron J Eagling

Everyone's interpretation is different, and everyone has a right to that opinion. There is no "right" one, I am adding this post to communicate my thoughts to share them with like-minded souls who will be able to comment in good nature.

(insert the last 5 mins of Crises here)
Profile PM 
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Posted: Mar. 02 2008, 09:44

In the spanish contest,they've got a few rules to it,like Dark Star(only with subscribers):

http://www.mikeoldfieldblog.com/2008....spheres

It must have been this part that for some people was missing here in the contest.Not letting us know how many tickets would be offered was a nice thing to do,to not create high expectations(both Dark Star and the spaniards haven't said anything about numbers of tickets also).

I don't wanna see everybody getting angry 'cause of silly things,at least we should thank Universal for offering a few places for fans in a small event for only 400 people from the press.Pity it isn't open for everybody like TB II and TB III  :/

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
84 replies since Feb. 27 2008, 09:41 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (5) < 1 [2] 3 4 5 >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net