Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (5) < [1] 2 3 4 5 >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Win a place at the Music of the Spheres premiere!< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: Feb. 27 2008, 09:41

The launch of Music of the Spheres has been a hot topic amongst fans for the past few months and it's about to get even hotter, as we offer our visitors the chance to win one of a handful of tickets to the premiere performance in Bilbao, Spain, on March 7th.

Congratulations to our winners, users BTH, clotty, GodGift, manintherain and Susanakin!
Profile PM 
Korgscrew Offline

Posted: Feb. 27 2008, 10:11

These tickets are for standing only, and we're told that the view may be restricted.

Please also consider that accommodation is proving very difficult to find at this stage, and you'll have to make your own arrangements. We hope to have someone on board to help find people places, but we can offer no guarantees. This is the reason why we've chosen to set our deadline sooner than mikeoldfield.org - we want to try and give people as much time as possible.

To enter, please PM me (by clicking the 'send msg' button at the bottom of this post) with the following details:

* Your full name

* Your email address (we should have that on record anyway, but please confirm it)

* A contact phone number (preferably a mobile so we can contact you via SMS if necessary)

* What your travel and accommodation arrangements would most likely be (this information may be used should we have to re-allocate places at very short notice - we want them to go to people who can definitely come. This information won't affect your chances in the initial draw, but if we have to re-allocate place because people are having problems with accommodation, we may have to offer them only to people we think aren't going to have those problems).

In the event that anyone has to cancel, we will need to know by March 2nd to give us a chance to re-allocate the place.

There will be no paper tickets. Your name will be put on a guest list - places are therefore non-transferrable. You will need to bring ID with you to the concert (we would suggest a passport/national ID card, driver's license or another similar official document which has a photo on it), therefore it's essential that you give us the name that appears on there and not a nickname or anything else. If the name on the list isn't the name on your ID, you won't be allowed in. We unfortunately can't be held responsible for decisions made by Universal or security staff acting on their behalf.

You will be responsible for covering all expenses - the offer is for entry to the premiere event at the Guggenheim museum, Bilbao, and nothing more.

Places are limited to one per person.

The tubular.net team's decision will be final, and anyone whinging will be beaten mercilessly with a bent bell.
Profile PM 
Sweetpea Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Feb. 27 2008, 14:44

While this event isn't a possibility for me, I certainly wish everyone here good luck. It seems like quite a unique opportunity and it would be great if some of our TB-ers could share in the experience.

I'm imagining Korg, with a carafe of coffee and a plate (a red one - everything tastes better from a red plate) of glazed cookies, settled in to spend the next several days handling this part of the operation. By the time this is over, he may be in need of a masseuse and a therapist.

--------------
"I'm no physicist, but technically couldn't Mike both be with the horse and be flying through space at the same time? (On account of the earth's orbit around the Sun and all that). So it seems he never had to make the choice after all. I bet he's kicking himself now." - clotty
Profile PM 
ronniethepict Offline

Posted: Feb. 27 2008, 15:43

What time on the 7th March is the concert?  Just checking flight times at the moment!
Profile PM 
Korgscrew Offline

Posted: Feb. 27 2008, 16:08

It's at 9pm - the performance starts at 9.30.

I should add that in our research (assisted by a helpless victim from the area who I pounced on a few months ago to get some help with organising this...) we've realised that there's a very large trade fair going on in Bilbao at the same time. That's the reason why virtually all the hotels in the area (including all the neighbouring cities we've checked) are fully booked. Some travel agencies are still offering deals at the moment, but they're not at all cheap.

We've managed to find one hotel, a budget hotel (actually classified as a boarding house under Spanish law) which is outside Bilbao, which still has vacancies (you may well interpret that as meaning that nobody wants to stay there...). The upside of it is that they only charge 32 euros a night. We will be able to organise a lift to Bilbao for people who want to stay there.
We've also found a guest house that currently has a couple rooms, but it's not served by public transport, so again people would either need to hire a car or we'd have to organise a lift. Also bear in mind that the situation with both these places may change. We'll have a talk about this and see what's going to be best, perhaps we'll be able to help somehow.

Please do have a look at the hotel situation before entering - we don't want anyone to have to go through the disappointment of thinking they're going, then not finding anywhere to stay.

It's sad it has to be this way - we had it half-confirmed a good while ago, but they specifically told us to hold off making any plans until they had full confirmation. They must have known the trade fair was on...
Profile PM 
gary1eye Offline

Posted: Feb. 27 2008, 17:00

I Cannot make the time, so i just like to wish good luck to all the winners. :)

Gary ;)
Profile PM 
timshen Offline

Posted: Feb. 27 2008, 21:52

I will not be able to make it from Singapore (am tightening my belt to take my family of  back to England for summer hols). I certainly wish those wanting to go all the best and hope to hear tonnes of feedback on this forum after the event.

--------------
Expect Great Things.
Attempt Great Things.
Profile PM 
Blue Dolphin Offline

Posted: Feb. 28 2008, 06:28

I wish I could be there, but it's too little time for me and it would cost too much money for such a (reasonable) short premiere. And I already spend about 100 euros for a JM Jarre ticket on 25th of March in the Netherlands. ;) I do wish every Oldfield fan who attends this good luck!

And of course Korgscrew and Olivier for making this possible!

--------------
-The mark of a good musician is to play one note and mean it-

Mike Oldfield - 1980
Profile PM 
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Posted: Feb. 28 2008, 07:11

Quote (Blue Dolphin @ Feb. 28 2008, 08:28)
I wish I could be there, but it's too little time for me and it would cost too much money for such a (reasonable) short premiere. I do wish every Oldfield fan who attends this good luck!

And of course Korgscrew and Olivier for making this possible!

The same applies to me here...

It's a pity things have appeared with little time to organize ourselves(but it's not tubular.net  and mikeoldfield.org's fault),but it's good to see that a few of us are going to be there and then they'll tell us what was like and so on.

I do hope that later this year there'll be something more,maybe a tour,dunno,let's wait and see what's next to come  :)

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
txuntb Offline

Posted: Feb. 28 2008, 10:24

OMG No one can travel. Yeeeeeeesssss. I see myself in Guggenheim Museum. Sorry but my hopes are increasing. :D
Profile PM 
TOBY Offline

Posted: Feb. 28 2008, 14:02

If you manage to get a ticket but still can't get a room for the night then personally I wouldn't let that stop me going. I've crashed at airports (not in a plane obviously ho ho) under bridges in ditches or where ever after gigs. Never let personal discomfort get in the way of a good gig thats my moto.
Just get wrecked after the concert and stagger around Bilbao in a drunken stupor all night - its worked for me in the past. People up here in Scotland base entire holidays around that idea.  
;)
Profile PM 
Sweetpea Offline

Posted: Feb. 28 2008, 15:08

Goodness, TOBY. You Scots sound fearless.

--------------
"I'm no physicist, but technically couldn't Mike both be with the horse and be flying through space at the same time? (On account of the earth's orbit around the Sun and all that). So it seems he never had to make the choice after all. I bet he's kicking himself now." - clotty
Profile PM 
Ray Offline

Posted: Feb. 28 2008, 17:24

It's the kilt's  - they are very warm!

;)

--------------
Looking out over the harbour in Peel.......
Profile PM 
Ratty Offline

Posted: Feb. 28 2008, 18:13

Closing date for competition is 23.59pm on 29th February!!! Oh no, something else to worry about, its the day that women propose to men!!!!! Korgy, if i win it could be my honeymoon!!!
 :O

--------------
Far away across the field
The tolling of the iron bell
Calls the faithful to their knees
To hear the softly spoken magic spells
Profile PM 
Korgscrew Offline

Posted: Feb. 28 2008, 19:00

Well, I certainly have had a few messages from people who are happy to just hang out somewhere in Bilbao until morning!

There will be a fair number of fans in Bilbao in total and though we've yet to work out any details, something will almost certainly happen after the concert.

There do still seem to be a number of deals via online travel agencies at the moment. I assume that they've bought up blocks of rooms to sell on in situations precisely like this one. Prices are high as a result, and I don't know how long these deals will last (though hopefully our slightly earlier cutoff date will help there). We'll try and give winners all the guidance we can.
Profile PM 
kwpres Offline

Posted: Feb. 28 2008, 23:40

Aww...my wife is willing to send me all the way from the states but I am supposed to be in Phoenix on the 8th...good luck to the winners and be sure to take lots of movies and pix!
Profile PM 
moonchildhippy Offline

Posted: Feb. 29 2008, 05:46

Quote (Ratty @ Feb. 28 2008, 22:13)
Closing date for competition is 23.59pm on 29th February!!! Oh no, something else to worry about, its the day that women propose to men!!!!! Korgy, if i win it could be my honeymoon!!!
 :O

Oh is it that day today :O , I did wonder why there was a frog on Google.

Shall I propose to my wonderful boyfriend???, not that we need a marriage certificate to show our love for each other :) .

Oh yes about the tickets, I'd enter the comp, but I've no passport atm and no money for flights :(

--------------
I'm going slightly mad,
It finally happened, I'm slightly mad , just very slightly mad

If you feel a little glum to Hergest Ridge you should come.

I'm challenging  taboos surrounding mental health

"Part time hippy"

I'M SUPPORTING OUR SOLDIERS

BRING OUR TROOPS HOME NOW!!
Profile PM 
Korgscrew Offline

Posted: Feb. 29 2008, 07:40

I'm happy to say that the Spanish mailing list Taurus IV and mikeoldfieldblog.com finally got their tickets, so now people in Spain also have a chance to win places at the concert through them.
Profile PM 
Nacho Offline

Posted: Feb. 29 2008, 08:45

Well done, all of you!!!
Profile PM 
Ebony Offline

Posted: Feb. 29 2008, 16:46

What I wouldn't give to go.  I'd love to see Mike live.  It's not feasible for me to get to Spain though  *sigh*.  It's times like this that I wish I'd got into his music sooner, and then maybe it would've happened already.  Still, there's still time.

Congrats to everyone that gets to go, I hope it's awesome.
:)
Profile PM 
84 replies since Feb. 27 2008, 09:41 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (5) < [1] 2 3 4 5 >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net