Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (2) < 1 [2] >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Why this pose?, A whyyyy question< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
The Caveman Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Nov. 03 2008, 02:54

If it was the Birmingham NEC gig Ray i was there too.And i wholly agree.Although i do remember clearly that when Mike walked on he just stood there lapping up the appluase for quite a while.Imagine him doing that in 73! :laugh:

--------------
THE COMING OF THE GREAT WHITE HANDKERCHEIF IS NIGH.
Profile PM 
Ray Offline

Posted: Nov. 03 2008, 04:24

Yep - that was the one!  I was third back from the left in the middle of about 1000 others!  You must have been the guy with the hair near the front? :D  :D

Ray

--------------
Looking out over the harbour in Peel.......
Profile PM 
The Caveman Offline

Posted: Nov. 03 2008, 04:37

Nah i was about 100 miles back in the stalls.Actually i was about 8 rows back.I had the hair yes but i wasn't at the front.Great gig.Made me chuckle when he played the first notes of In The Beginning and had the wrong tone on the strat. :laugh:

--------------
Profile PM 
The Caveman Offline

Posted: Nov. 03 2008, 07:34

By the way did you notice that it was nowhere near capacity?I would have thought that as it was his first tour in 6 or 7 years it would be rammed.Odd really.Just shows that we the faithfull know a good gig when we see it :laugh:

--------------
Profile PM 
wiga Offline

Posted: Nov. 03 2008, 15:03

I found this similar pose...

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=RlhQ3iC54QM

--------------
Barn's burnt down - now I can see the moon.
Profile PM 
Sweetpea Offline

Posted: Dec. 26 2008, 05:21

Quote (Ray @ Nov. 02 2008, 05:44)
I saw him in concert  - Now and Then  - and get a bit of a shock when he walked on with a bit of a beer belly (wearing a tight t'shirt didn't help).  But ...... The girl on the Chapman stick made up for it and I didn't notice Mr Oldfield after I spotted her fiddling with her stick at the back of the stage, also with a nice T'shirt on.    :)  :p

:D  Ray, I suspect you and I differ on what constitutes "trim". I, for one, am in no position to hold a few extra pounds against anyone.

--------------
"I'm no physicist, but technically couldn't Mike both be with the horse and be flying through space at the same time? (On account of the earth's orbit around the Sun and all that). So it seems he never had to make the choice after all. I bet he's kicking himself now." - clotty
Profile PM 
hergest fridge Offline

Posted: Dec. 27 2008, 14:33

Quote (The Caveman @ Nov. 03 2008, 07:34)
By the way did you notice that it was nowhere near capacity?I would have thought that as it was his first tour in 6 or 7 years it would be rammed.Odd really.Just shows that we the faithfull know a good gig when we see it :laugh:

I was there to,sat on the side.But this country and an oldfield gig in a building that holds 15000 it,s never going to sell out anymore is it really?As you say good gig though :cool:
Profile PM 
26 replies since Oct. 28 2008, 05:27 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (2) < 1 [2] >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net