Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (2) < [1] 2 >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Why this pose?, A whyyyy question< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Harmono Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Oct. 28 2008, 05:27

Why is the man standing like that? This means something, right? Or maybe the photographer just told him to try some random poses and then he said "how about this" and that's the story. Or perhaps he was asked if he had any ideas and then he said something like "there's a pose I've been working on, it represents nothing but it's really quite cool and I think the world would be impressed".  No, really, what is that?
Profile PM 
nightspore Offline

Posted: Oct. 28 2008, 06:41

Perhaps it's tai chi - I've no idea; I only know taekwondo (and it's not from that!;)
Profile PM 
Holger Offline

Posted: Oct. 28 2008, 07:19

I'd always assumed he was holding an invisible guitar.
Profile PM 
Sir Mustapha Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: Oct. 28 2008, 07:30

"Is that a mosquito bite there on my wrist? That's strange, I didn't feel anything. Must have been when I was asleep, or something."

--------------
Check out http://ferniecanto.com.br for all my music, including my latest albums: Don't Stay in the City, Making Amends and Builders of Worlds.
Also check my Bandcamp page: http://ferniecanto.bandcamp.com
Profile PM WEB 
Dirk Star Offline

Posted: Oct. 28 2008, 08:02

Quote (Holger @ Oct. 28 2008, 12:19)

I agree.And I think the fact that he`s "playing" it left handed rather than right is probably meant to be significant as well.You know he looks like he`s just learning to play guitar there does`nt he, and he has`nt quite "grasped" the basics yet.He has`nt even picked up the bloody guitar for a start,a sure fire dead cert give away if ever there was one.But then if you add to that the whole bleached hair and white shirt combination.And then tie it all in with the uncertain reverse invisble guitar scenario.It can only mean one thing,and one thing alone.."Mike Oldfield is a pale reflection of his former self"   :p Well maybe something along those lines anyway,you know it`s like a blank canvas thing I think.A rebirth if you like..Out with the demons and in with the stone washed exepnsive designer shirts...It does look kinda` cool though I have to agree.

Maybe he`s just got something jotted down on his forearm there as a reminder to himself..."Look moody and enigmatic"!
Profile PM 
Scatterplot Offline

Posted: Oct. 28 2008, 08:17

it's called being dorky. It happens. There is no reason for it. There is no pre-planning for it. It's just a random thing. Being dorky.

--------------
We raise our voices in the night
Crying to heaven
And will our voices be heard
Or will they break Like the wind
Profile PM 
Ray Offline

Posted: Oct. 29 2008, 15:00

Exactly!

Ray  :cool:

--------------
Looking out over the harbour in Peel.......
Profile PM 
Ray Offline

Posted: Oct. 29 2008, 15:04

Quote (Dirk Star @ Oct. 28 2008, 13:02)

I agree.And I think the fact that he`s "playing" it left handed rather than right is probably meant to be significant as well.You know he looks like he`s just learning to play guitar there does`nt he, and he has`nt quite "grasped" the basics yet.He has`nt even picked up the bloody guitar for a start,a sure fire dead cert give away if ever there was one.But then if you add to that the whole bleached hair and white shirt combination.And then tie it all in with the uncertain reverse invisble guitar scenario.It can only mean one thing,and one thing alone.."Mike Oldfield is a pale reflection of his former self"   :p Well maybe something along those lines anyway,you know it`s like a blank canvas thing I think.A rebirth if you like..Out with the demons and in with the stone washed exepnsive designer shirts...It does look kinda` cool though I have to agree.

Maybe he`s just got something jotted down on his forearm there as a reminder to himself..."Look moody and enigmatic"!

Air Guitar!!!

R :D  :D

--------------
Profile PM 
Ray Offline

Posted: Oct. 29 2008, 15:08

Quote (Scatterplot @ Oct. 28 2008, 13:17)
it's called being dorky. It happens. There is no reason for it. There is no pre-planning for it. It's just a random thing. Being dorky.

Dear Splatterclot,

I'm not sure that is what i would call dorky.  Dorky is more of a facial expression - or lack of one isnt it ... Hang on..

Wikipedia says......

The word dork can mean:
Slang for an inept person.[1] It may also have the following meanings:
Slang for "penis"
Among Poser users, slang for the Poser 3 and Poser 4 standard man CGI model
"Dork fish", is Western Australian name for the Australasian snapper fish (Chrysophrys auratus)

So Dorky is probably very inappropriate in this case...?

Unless you chaps over the pond have a different meaning?

--------------
Profile PM 
Scatterplot Offline

Posted: Oct. 29 2008, 15:29

That's it! He was emulating the Australian Snapper fish. Yeah, I figured......had to be. The hands are in the precise place as the fins would be during.....well you can find that out on Animal Planet.

--------------
We raise our voices in the night
Crying to heaven
And will our voices be heard
Or will they break Like the wind
Profile PM 
Ray Offline

Posted: Oct. 29 2008, 19:10

Quote (Scatterplot @ Oct. 29 2008, 20:29)
That's it! He was emulating the Australian Snapper fish. Yeah, I figured......had to be. The hands are in the precise place as the fins would be during.....well you can find that out on Animal Planet.

Mmmmmm..... and I though he was just fishing for one.... but alas no fishing rod either??

We are stumped anr't we?!?

But..wait - No  --- of course,  look at the clothes he is wearing - Cricket Outfit!!!  He is trying to fathom out the Rule of the Game!!

:D  :D

--------------
Profile PM 
Bleat Offline

Posted: Oct. 29 2008, 20:32

......"the time mate ...yeah its um.... oh s**t wrong arm"

:cool:
Profile PM 
Bassman Offline

Posted: Oct. 30 2008, 08:56

I always just assumed he was foxtrotting with an invisible partner... in front of a mirror.

--------------
Turn up the music... Hi as Fi can go.
Profile PM 
Dirk Star Offline

Posted: Oct. 30 2008, 09:26

Quote (Bassman @ Oct. 30 2008, 13:56)
I always just assumed he was foxtrotting with an invisible partner... in front of a mirror.

Yes I can see how that would work now that you mention it..Is he looking down her invisible cleavage?
Profile PM 
Bassman Offline

Posted: Oct. 30 2008, 09:49

You know it, buddy.  Don't we all?

:)

--------------
Turn up the music... Hi as Fi can go.
Profile PM 
Silver Negus Offline

Posted: Oct. 31 2008, 13:00

Quote (Ray @ Oct. 29 2008, 15:00)

Exactly!

yeah maybe he's answering how he plays his giutar.
Profile PM 
The Caveman Offline

Posted: Oct. 31 2008, 14:44

Do they make air guitars for Southpaws?If so Mike is now modeling them here."This is my PRS air guitar.Check out the gold hardware and the amazing finish!I'm trying a leftie one at the mo as i figure i could play more like Jimi like this" :laugh:

--------------
THE COMING OF THE GREAT WHITE HANDKERCHEIF IS NIGH.
Profile PM 
Sweetpea Offline

Posted: Nov. 01 2008, 06:03

I'm not burning with curiosity over the pose, but I do wonder why he went blonde/white. I'm not saying it's unattractive - I'm just curious.

(PS: Oh, and how did he stay trim for so long??)

--------------
"I'm no physicist, but technically couldn't Mike both be with the horse and be flying through space at the same time? (On account of the earth's orbit around the Sun and all that). So it seems he never had to make the choice after all. I bet he's kicking himself now." - clotty
Profile PM 
Ray Offline

Posted: Nov. 02 2008, 05:44

Quote (Sweetpea @ Nov. 01 2008, 11:03)
I'm not burning with curiosity over the pose, but I do wonder why he went blonde/white. I'm not saying it's unattractive - I'm just curious.

(PS: Oh, and how did he stay trim for so long??)

He went blond because he was in Ibetha clubbing every night and it was trendy.

He wasnt trim - in this pose his left hand is holding in his stomach for the photo.

I saw him in concert  - Now and Then  - and get a bit of a shock when he walked on with a bit of a beer belly (wearing a tight t'shirt didn't help).  But ...... The girl on the Chapman stick made up for it and I didn't notice Mr Oldfield after I spotted her fiddling with her stick at the back of the stage, also with a nice T'shirt on.    :)  :p  :p

(sorry ladies but although I like Mr Oldfield music  - it stops there)

--------------
Profile PM 
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Posted: Nov. 02 2008, 08:29

I think this pose comes from tai-chi.If you watch the TB III Premiere,Mike looked nice on that tight b+w shirt he was wearing,but a few months later...yep,the Guinness belly has appeared to the world...

In 2005 Mike was fine,but since 2006...Guinness belly has striked again!

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
26 replies since Oct. 28 2008, 05:27 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (2) < [1] 2 >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net