Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (2) < [1] 2 >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: While the Master's away!< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
hairy old hippy Offline

Group: Members
Posted: July 06 2011, 14:10

While the master is away and not releasing new music why not make it yourself!?

Mohribold is an epic musical tapestry that weaves between a multitude of genres. The hour plus of music is crammed with a detail and energy that seems to come from another realm. There are no discernable lyrics here, instead, an array of instruments seem to speak a language native to the unseen, deep, murky and mysterious wilds of Norfolk but a Norfolk populated by African drums and South-American ukeleles and its landscape of bouzoukis, old organs, trumpets and assorted percussion creates something of a psych-folk symphony.

So, as I'm sure you can tell, this album is well suited to fans of Oldfield! In terms of his influence and the album's production it's probably closest to Tubular Bells, Hergest Ridge, Ommadawn, Incantations and Amarok.

The first 25 downloads are FREE though you can pay whatever you like if you think the music justifies it! Download or listen at

http://andrewtaylor.bandcamp.com/album/mohribold

See what you all think ;)

--------------
Listen to Mohribold; an epic musical tapestry that weaves between a multitude of genres.

Andrew Taylor's Mohribold album has proved very popular with fans of symphonic-rock, prog-rock, psych-folk and indeed Oldfield's classic albums!

www.andrewtaylor.bandcamp.com
Profile PM WEB 
Ginger Daddy Offline

Posted: July 06 2011, 16:20

Listening now - loving the sound. It's very reminiscent of early Mike Oldfield (at least the first few minutes are) but it has it's own musical language.

Cheers,
Terry.

--------------
http://purplerhapsody.co.uk - no words, just emotions
Profile PM WEB 
hph Offline

Posted: July 06 2011, 16:33

I loved the preview you posted a few weeks ago. Bought the album. Downloading right now. Looking forward to it. Will post more feedback shortly.

Thanks for the music!
hans
Profile PM 
hph Offline

Posted: July 07 2011, 14:09

Wow. Very good job! The music flows and flows and is given enough time to develop without hard breaks. Closing my eyes and listening to it is like taking a slow, beautiful journey. I also like the positive mood of the album. Some parts are closer to Oldfield's stuff, some are definitely more your individual style. All is mixed together very well.

I posted the link in a German Oldfield Board and two guys already wrote that they bought the album. I think there are quite some people out there waiting for stuff like that. :)

Thanks for bringing it to us!
hans
Profile PM 
hairy old hippy Offline

Posted: July 08 2011, 06:59

Quote (hph @ July 07 2011, 14:09)
Wow. Very good job! The music flows and flows and is given enough time to develop without hard breaks. Closing my eyes and listening to it is like taking a slow, beautiful journey. I also like the positive mood of the album. Some parts are closer to Oldfield's stuff, some are definitely more your individual style. All is mixed together very well.

I posted the link in a German Oldfield Board and two guys already wrote that they bought the album. I think there are quite some people out there waiting for stuff like that. :)

Thanks for bringing it to us!
hans

Hans,

That's so kind of you and thanks so much for your comments, being in the eye of the storm so to speak it's easy to lose sight of if you've made something good or not. I'm excited now about how far I can take this ;)

all the best,

Andrew

--------------
Listen to Mohribold; an epic musical tapestry that weaves between a multitude of genres.

Andrew Taylor's Mohribold album has proved very popular with fans of symphonic-rock, prog-rock, psych-folk and indeed Oldfield's classic albums!

Profile PM WEB 
wiga Offline

Posted: July 12 2011, 16:08

Wow, have just listened to "Mohribold" (the track)! Excellent and very touching. If you'd told me it was a lost track by Mike Oldfield I'd believe you.   :)

--------------
Barn's burnt down - now I can see the moon.
Profile PM 
Distant Earth Offline

Posted: July 12 2011, 16:50

Thank god for you!

Excellent work, really superb.

It's one of the best things I've heard in years.

Love it!
Profile PM WEB 
hairy old hippy Offline

Posted: July 13 2011, 06:49

Thanks so much to Wiga and Distant Earth, very kind words.

Lots of you downloading it, we've already nearly used up the free downloads!

If anyone has any promo ideas let me know.

May have some radio appearances coming up with it, will keep you all posted ;)

--------------

Profile PM WEB 
Jerome C Offline

Posted: July 15 2011, 19:28

I haven't posted on this forum for many years. I come back just for you : I was told about your album by another MO fan I know. He was so damn right.

I really love your music, it's so right, it's so true, it's so beautiful, it's so inspiring. I've just listened to it once on the site, I bought the album right after that (taking it for free would really be unfair) and I know I'm gonna listen to it many times.

We all know that Mike won't do anything *new* of great interest anymore (and I loved MOTS as I write this), but it's not a problem anymore, there are others that have the inspiration and it is good, you are one of them.

I don't know the rest of your music (I saw you made a few other albums), but give me some time to assimilate this one, I'll look further :)

Thanks again for such emotional and beautiful moments.

--------------
Jerome C
(long time out of here, but always having MO in mind somewhere)
Profile PM 
hairy old hippy Offline

Posted: July 16 2011, 05:30

Thanks Jerome, it's so encouraging to receive such kind words. Thanks so much for buying the download too, as harsh as it sounds the more people pay for a download the more chance there'll be of a follow up, so I really appreciate it.

--------------

Profile PM WEB 
hairy old hippy Offline

Posted: Aug. 02 2011, 08:19

Just thought I'd let you all know that I'll be interviewed on Future Radio at 13:00 Wednesday 3rd Agust (tomorrow as I write). I'll be discussing the album and playing extracts.

http://www.futureradio.co.uk/listenlive

--------------

Profile PM WEB 
hairy old hippy Offline

Posted: Nov. 21 2011, 08:12

Another opportunity to hear some extracts from the album has come up, this time on the BBC. I'll be interviewed on Sue Marchant's show on BBC Radio Norfolk, Radio Suffolk and Radio Cambridgeshire on Wed November 30th, 2011 at approximately 20:15 GMT. You can go to the listen again page at BBC Radio Cambridgeshire if you can't listen live.  

I've been looking for ways to promote the album and this is indeed a great opportunity, it would be splendid to have some of you guys listen in. Also if anyone has any other ideas on getting Mohribold 'out there' let me know. It took a lot of effort and patience to create and I've had some amazing feedback so I'm keen to take it to another level as it were.

http://andrewtaylor.bandcamp.com/album/mohribold

--------------

Profile PM WEB 
hairy old hippy Offline

Posted: Aug. 01 2012, 06:06

Not sure how you guys feel about ambient music but since the Oldfield influence runs through everything I've done I thought I'd let you know about it, take a listen here.

http://ajt1977.bandcamp.com/

--------------

Profile PM WEB 
AlexS Offline

Posted: Aug. 13 2012, 11:45

I like the sound of all this.

I'm actually considering joining Bandcamp to promote my latest work - how has it been for you?

--------------
http://www.thelightdream.net
http://thelightdreams.bandcamp.com/
Profile PM WEB 
hairy old hippy Offline

Posted: Feb. 16 2013, 08:34

Alex, so sorry for not responding sooner, I didn't notice your message.

Yes bandcamp has been great for me. It's a very reliable site. The stand out thing for me is that there are no adverts there, it's just a vey clean and great looking page which doubles as your own website. It's not a social network either which is also a massive bonus.

You need to link it with your paypal account which is done during setup, all very easy. Bandcamp take a 15% share of your earnings which is very reasonable. I've though about getting my music up on itunes and amazon but they take absolutley huge shares of your profit apparently. I suppose itunes and amazon are globally trusted sites which might increase your sales but I've done very well with bandcamp. I recommend it:)

--------------

Profile PM WEB 
Baggiesfaninessex Offline

Posted: Mar. 02 2013, 09:57

Just listening to Mohribold on the bandcamp site now. I LOVE IT!!

Needless to say, I will be downloading this excellent music. Well done and keep up the fabulous work!

Edited to add that due to Mike's relative inactivity, I haven't posted here for years. Your album has brought me back to these boards.

--------------
“A dog is not intelligent. Never trust an animal that's surprised by its own farts.” - Frank Skinner
Profile PM 
Delfín Offline

Posted: Mar. 22 2013, 19:59

Hey, I've just listened to 'Onsongo' and I'm completely shocked about the genuineness of the music and, although the similities with the first 4 Mike's records are obvious, there's as somebody said before, a completely new 'thing' to it!!! Wonderful soundscapes that always lead you somewhere unexpected and distant... a real discovery for me!!!!

Have to listen to the next tracks bur by now 'Onsongo' has got me completely unaware and thumbs up to it!!! I'm not used to these kind of musical discoveries as I've become really conservative in terms of the music I listen to. There is something new here.

Thank God!!! A new territory to explore!!! Good luck and keep on the good work!!!

--------------
The most precious thing I possess, is knowing the answer's yes
Profile PM 
Priabonia Offline

Posted: April 04 2013, 13:38

This is very listenable indeed (a lot of the stuff posted here gets the "back" button after 30 seconds...). Very nicely put together and well produced. Just a little *too* "Son of Tubular Bells" in places, but then we've all been guilty of that. Thanks for sharing this.

N

--------------
https://www.youtube.com/user/PriaboniaMusic

www.soundcloud.com/just-before-dawn
Profile PM 
hairy old hippy Offline

Posted: April 13 2013, 05:13

Wow, thanks so much for your lovely comments. The full album has now been replaced with the extracts but can be heard by downloading it, perhaps music sounds better away from the computer anyway;)

Nb Out the whole tracks back up, I think for an unknown artist like myself people want to hear the whole thing before downloading it. Definitely sounds better away from the computer though.

--------------

Profile PM WEB 
hairy old hippy Offline

Posted: April 20 2013, 11:25

Quote (Delfín @ Mar. 22 2013, 19:59)
Thank God!!! A new territory to explore!!! Good luck and keep on the good work!!!

Thank's Delfin, the territory will hopefully be growing so more to explore in the future, watch this space!!

--------------

Profile PM WEB 
23 replies since July 06 2011, 14:10 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (2) < [1] 2 >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net