[ Log In :: Register ]

Question: Which version do you prefer? :: Total Votes:5
Poll choices Votes Statistics
VIDEO         BASS IN THE PLACE, LONDON! 0  [0.00%]
DVD            I Can See Clearly Now The Rain Has Come! 5  [100.00%]
Television    Spanish Ayes! 0  [0.00%]
Guests cannot vote

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Which version do you prefer?, Nice to have more than one, but...< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Cavalier (Lost Version) Offline

Group: Members
Posted: June 16 2012, 15:57

A few years back, Olivier must have been considering creating a forum for the double DVD release.  His eventual decision must have been: "Meh......."  :D

Whenever most of us have had any observations, about TBIII in particular, we've left them in threads elsewhere.  I've not exactly rushed in here myself - held these thoughts for years before I joined and mentioned them in passing a couple of times, but time's a marching.

So what would you take over the other?  I've never seen the Spanish broadcast but could easily imagine, as it is with TBII at Edinburgh Castle, that I might prefer the version I taped at the the time.

Not everyone will have access to the VHS release - but it's got a certain something.  I call it bass... ;)

Then there's that lovely DVD.   All that detail, and two options for sound.  Both of which excise our shout of "TUBULAR BELLS!" - well, I'd joined in by "BELLS!", anyway!

--------------
"Who was that?"
"That was Venger - the force of Evil!  I am Dungeon Master - your guide in the realm of Dungeons & Dragons!"
Profile PM 
Ugo Offline

Posted: June 16 2012, 18:05

I don't have the VHS, and my VCR is broken, so I can't comment on that. :D I have the DVD, it's excellent, and I have a bootleg DVD of the Spanish broadcast (including only the extra stuff which is not on the official DVD) which was very kindly sent to me by a Spanish fan. So, the DVD does it for me. :cool: It's very nice to see Mike playing all of the guitar parts on the same guitar, which sounds very like all other guitars. :D A.k.a. when technology does miracles. :)

--------------
Ugo C. - a devoted Amarokian
Profile PM 
qjamesfloyd Offline

Posted: Jan. 01 2013, 08:34

I've only seen the DVD version, but maybe it's time for a blu-ray edition? with lot's of extras? they could even have the live performance of TB1 aswell.
Profile PM 
2 replies since June 16 2012, 15:57 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net