Shadow on the wall 3  [7.69%]
In Dulci Jubilo 5  [12.82%]
Guests cannot vote

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Which is the best track from elements?< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Girl in the Rain Offline

Group: Members
Posted: July 24 2002, 15:19

Which Elements song do you think is the best. Please Vote for your favourite.
Profile PM 
theweightless Offline

Posted: July 24 2002, 16:33

Moonlight Shadow..my favourite forever  :)

--------------
ASMK
Profile PM 
Sysiyo Offline

Posted: Feb. 04 2003, 08:21

Shadow On the Wall... mainly because it's the longer version.

Generally I don't like this compilation. It was my second MO album (after QE2), and it made me fall out with him for a while. It's just... I'm not into him for his poppier music, and most of the tracks really suffer from being taken out of the original album concept.
Profile PM WEB 
raven4x4x Offline

Posted: Feb. 05 2003, 03:44

I voted for etude, but only because Heaven's Open could not fit into the poll. I love the song Heaven's Open, this is the first place I heard it and I loved how happy it sounded.

I also don't think this is the best MO compilation, mainly because it is too song-heavy.

--------------
Thank-you for helping us help you help us all.
Profile PM 
Sysiyo Offline

Posted: Feb. 05 2003, 04:20

I also don't think this is the best MO compilation, mainly because it is too song-heavy.

To me it seems like it's directed towards those people who like one or two MO songs they have heard on the radio and want to have them on CD... it's not really meant to give a decent picture of Mike's back catalogue. But yet some record stores sell only this compilation and no other MO compilation. That I find odd.
Profile PM WEB 
amarokian Offline

Posted: Feb. 14 2005, 01:53

The excerpt from Ommadawn,although a much better and my favourite of all is on XXV.Also close to Ommadawn are Incantations and Amarok.

--------------
These posts are hazardous to the health of cloth-eared nincompoops.If you suffer from this condition after you read my posts,consult your doctor immediately.
Profile PM 
Blackguard Offline

Posted: Feb. 14 2005, 11:28

Out of the songs listed I chose "Moonlight Shadow".  I love the feel of the song.  Not to mention the singing on it was superb.
Profile PM 
familyjules Offline

Posted: July 07 2005, 05:37

It's hard to vote for a favourite on a best of compilation, mainly because I don't see it as being a 'true' album.  I voted for the excerpt from Ommadawn, even though I'd much prefer to hear the whole of the record than an excerpt.  But I also think even a small part of Ommadawn still beats anything else on the album, much as I like Moonlight Shadow and others.

Jules

--------------
I like beer and I like cheese
Profile PM 
Inkanta Offline

Group: Admins
Posted: July 23 2005, 13:11

OK...I'm confused.  :/  Are we talking about The Best of Mike Oldfield Elements with 16 or so tracks or the four CD-set comprising 52? In either case, I can't begin to offer up a vote. I have both but have been listening to the set lately, which includes all of Ommadawn part I. BTW....on that disc (two), the covers says Incantations part one, but it's actually most of part II (minus the beginning). Are all the part two covers like that?

Question about "The Path": Does anyone know what path or what type of path? I used to think a spiritual path but then I walked Hergest Ridge last December.........

"First Excursion": so purple, stormy, and brooding.....I'm loving it at the moment.

--------------
"No such thing as destiny; only choices exist." From:  Moongarden's "Solaris."
Profile PM 
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Posted: July 23 2005, 22:21

Sentinel,single restructure.

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
amarokian Offline

Posted: July 24 2005, 02:20

Quote (Tati The Sentinel @ July 24 2005, 05:21)
Sentinel,single restructure.

I don't like at all the ending on Sentinel...

--------------
These posts are hazardous to the health of cloth-eared nincompoops.If you suffer from this condition after you read my posts,consult your doctor immediately.
Profile PM 
Moz Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: Dec. 31 2005, 12:17

Quote (Inkanta @ July 23 2005, 18:11)
OK...I'm confused.  :/  Are we talking about The Best of Mike Oldfield Elements with 16 or so tracks or the four CD-set comprising 52? In either case, I can't begin to offer up a vote. I have both but have been listening to the set lately, which includes all of Ommadawn part I. BTW....on that disc (two), the covers says Incantations part one, but it's actually most of part II (minus the beginning). Are all the part two covers like that?

Question about "The Path": Does anyone know what path or what type of path? I used to think a spiritual path but then I walked Hergest Ridge last December.........

"First Excursion": so purple, stormy, and brooding.....I'm loving it at the moment.

Inkanta, I was wondering the same thing.  I think everyone is talking about "The Best of Mike Oldfield Elements" (which is a "best of the best of" album), but the forum is called "Elements" - so I understand why people are confused.

My copy of the 4CD Elements also lists Incantations Part 1, not Part 2 as it should.  There are lots of mistakes on this album, e.g. Polka is listed as 25 minutes long, when it's more like 2 minutes!

--------------
Twitter: @benbarden
Profile PM WEB 
11 replies since July 24 2002, 15:19 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net