Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (7) < 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Where r u all from??, ??< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Blue Dolphin Offline

Group: Members
Posted: May 14 2003, 16:12

We had this really good road map of Great Britain (a famous one, can't remember the name) which described the area very detailed. We were driving on this road and suddenly there it was on the right.

I was also helped by a fan here who had been there before and scanned a part of the roadmap for me (which turned out to be the same as the roadmap we had :p ). Can't remember who it was. Was it you Korgscrew?? or Carstenkuss... or Matt Cochrane?

Here is a photo of me with the hergest ridge hill on the background. (me about 3 or 4 years younger and short haired... naaaaaaaaaaaah I'm glad that time is passed..)

--------------
-The mark of a good musician is to play one note and mean it-

Mike Oldfield - 1980
Profile PM 
bevy Offline

Posted: May 14 2003, 16:24

cool, was it an A to Z map lol,

did u have time 2 find the manor, I wanted 2 but didnt have time, but would have loved 2 have seen it.

u see we were driving back after a weekend in torquay and I had 2 twist my m8's arm 2 find the ridge.. if u did and u have pics would love 2 see em

=Bevy=

looking @ yer belt there it looks like u did find  the donuts (joke m8)
Profile PM 
Sysiyo Offline

Posted: May 15 2003, 06:00

I'm from Finland too (Helsinki to be exact). I don't know about our beer as I don't drink, but we do have alot of ridges around here, though no Hergest-.
Profile PM WEB 
Down Under Offline

Posted: May 15 2003, 06:33

Well, the name says it .... Down Under .... Australia, of course.  Best beer in the whole world down here, AND it's nice and cold - none of that warm stuff for me! :D
Profile PM 
Blue Dolphin Offline

Posted: May 15 2003, 09:03

Jeez, it's getting a beer forum here. ;)

bevy--> LOL LOL I wanted to post "and fatter" but I was 75 kilo at that time... now i'm between 65 and 68, and my length is 1.75 m, so not bad eh? ;) The donuts joke comes from realMyst the game, but I laughed my head off. Great joke!

I wanted to find the Beacon manor so we went to the town nearby and I asked at a patrol station where it was. The girl gave me directions but we didn't have time because we had to go to the south of England. :/ Next time I'm going to investigate it further.

--------------

Mike Oldfield - 1980
Profile PM 
SHINE Offline

Posted: May 16 2003, 17:56

HI,

I'm from Balearic Islands,in Spain :cool:
Profile PM 
timshen Offline

Posted: May 17 2003, 08:53

I think this is the perfect place for this topic - it's about fans around the world isn't it?

Anyway, im originally from Northamptonshire, England (a little village called Great Houghton - know it Crises?). Now, however, i'm living in Singapore which is the tiny spot on the map just below West Malaysia (been here since 1988!!;).

Beer here is pretty non-existant although they do have some great irish pubs where the beer costs the earth (I never go there but stick to the local Tiger Beer which is OK in HOT, SWEATY weather which it is here ALL the time).

As far as I know i'm the only Singapore besed MO fan (apart from my kids) ..anyone can prove me wrong? The only MO stuff I've heard here is the ridiculous Groove Coverage version of Moonlight Shadow that is among the most favourite ring tones here. :/

--------------
Expect Great Things.
Attempt Great Things.
Profile PM 
oblique Offline

Posted: May 17 2003, 13:57

And yet another one from Holland.....

--------------
"While we are alive we should sit among colored lights and taste good wines, and discuss our adventures in far places; when we are dead, the opportunity is past." - Jack Vance
Profile PM 
Blue Dolphin Offline

Posted: May 17 2003, 18:20

Yep... my fellow dutchsman... have you found my donuts yet? Maybe it's in the Selentical Age.

--------------

Mike Oldfield - 1980
Profile PM 
Bubular Tells Offline

Posted: May 17 2003, 19:28

I'm from Belgium and we DO have the best beer (and the best chocolate)!
Profile PM 
galuhen Offline

Posted: May 17 2003, 19:38

"Roemershausen", Germany.
Profile PM 
Man In The Rain Offline

Posted: May 17 2003, 22:28

NORTHAMPTONSHIRE, ENGLAND!!!

(but I'm in London at the moment at University!!!;)

--------------
Hergest Ridge 165 - Ommadawn 038 - Incantations 243
Profile PM WEB 
Sysiyo Offline

Posted: May 19 2003, 07:28

Quote (Bubular Tells @ May 18 2003, 02:28)
I'm from Belgium and we DO have the best beer (and the best chocolate)!

I must disagree with chocolate there. The Finnish Fazer chocolate is the best in the world.
Profile PM WEB 
theweightless Offline

Posted: May 19 2003, 10:01

Quote (Sysiyo @ May 19 2003, 07:28)
I must disagree with chocolate there. The Finnish Fazer chocolate is the best in the world.

somehow i think so too :p

--------------
ASMK
Profile PM 
Crises Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: May 30 2003, 14:09

Quote (timshen @ May 17 2003, 08:53)
I think this is the perfect place for this topic - it's about fans around the world isn't it?

Anyway, im originally from Northamptonshire, England (a little village called Great Houghton - know it Crises?). Now, however, i'm living in Singapore which is the tiny spot on the map just below West Malaysia (been here since 1988!!;).

Beer here is pretty non-existant although they do have some great irish pubs where the beer costs the earth (I never go there but stick to the local Tiger Beer which is OK in HOT, SWEATY weather which it is here ALL the time).

As far as I know i'm the only Singapore besed MO fan (apart from my kids) ..anyone can prove me wrong? The only MO stuff I've heard here is the ridiculous Groove Coverage version of Moonlight Shadow that is among the most favourite ring tones here. :/

Great Houghton; yeah it's not too far away from me...nice quiet place...

--------------
- Johnny -
Profile PM 
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: May 30 2003, 14:59

Yes, it was me who scanned the map...I forget which one it was, I think just the AA Road Atlas. The OS Pathfinder map of Kington used to be the most detailed map of the area - it's now been replaced by one of the Explorer series, I'm not sure which (same scale, but covering a much larger area - huge things, a real pain to unfold in a car or on a windy hilltop...we call this progress  :D).
Profile PM 
Blue Dolphin Offline

Posted: June 01 2003, 06:23

Thanks for coming forward Korgie!!! :D Many thanks for the tips. Yes, it was the AA road map, because we now have a copy of it too.

--------------

Mike Oldfield - 1980
Profile PM 
Dude Offline

Posted: June 03 2003, 09:40

And here's another Dutchman. I live in Limburg, so there's plenty 'Hergest Ridge'-like scenery surrounding me.

As for beer, I only drink Kriek (a Belgium brand). Not bad.

--------------
Fortunately I've been adhering to a pretty strict drug regimen to keep my mind limber.
Profile PM WEB 
Blue Dolphin Offline

Posted: June 03 2003, 13:10

Ah, Dude Lebowski!!! :D

(ik hou ook erg van Coen brothers films :) )

--------------

Mike Oldfield - 1980
Profile PM 
Music, the ancient language... Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: June 04 2003, 07:37

Tss... Kriek. Belgium has lots more to offer than that! Anyway, not bad for a Netherlander. :)
And Limburg rules!  :cool:

(at least the Belgian part  ;)  )

--------------
Read everything I write at own risk.
I cannot be held responsible  for
depressions and/or suicide attempts
of any kind, caused by reading my posts.
Profile PM 
133 replies since May 10 2003, 23:40 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (7) < 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net