Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: When will it be released in Australia?< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Wanderer Offline

Group: Members
Posted: May 28 2003, 22:05

Does anyone know if or when this album will be released in Australia?
Profile PM 
ComaBlack
Unregistered

Posted: May 29 2003, 02:52

That is an excellent question.  I am seriously tempted to import this as it seems that no record store knows or cares.

If anyone can shed some light on this it would be much appreciated.
ComaBlack
Unregistered

Posted: May 29 2003, 02:58

I just made a phone call to Warner Music in Australia.  The girl I spoke to was quite helpful.  She explained to me that there is NO release date currently slated for Tubular Bells 2003.  I then asked her if that meant it was going to be released at all.  She said that the fact it was in their system was a good sign but that there is no further information on when and if this is getting released.

Thanks Warner.  Sure it may no sell a million copies, but its Tubular Bells for gods sake.  Most people recognise it.
Down Under Offline

Posted: May 29 2003, 03:19

I asked at my local record store this week.  The assistant phoned Warner and was advised that there was no knowledge of it at all.  Good one!  Therefore I am watching the "usual" sources for "opportunities" to show up.  What alternative do we have down here?  Expensive import?  No thanks.  :/
Profile PM 
tekel
Unregistered

Posted: June 03 2003, 16:56

Not sure what planet Mike and WB are on but I took a 'Worldwide' release date as specified on the [URL= http://www.mikeoldfield-tubularbells.com]Tubular Web Site[/URL] as meaning Australia would get it last week.

Obviously Australia is not part of the world.

Once again we get shafted... :(
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: June 04 2003, 13:53

What's crazy is that, being an album that's already quite well known in parts of the world where Mike's music isn't normally promoted, it has a chance of selling without such a huge marketing push as might normally be necessary. I think Warner have pretty much given up...
Profile PM 
patrick
Unregistered

Posted: June 04 2003, 17:26

I just don't understand why you folks in Australia don't order the cd on the internet at Amazon or CDnow or any other internet shop.

Pat
allisternz
Unregistered

Posted: June 05 2003, 03:15

Hey Pat,
     we dont all have comp access and the fact is that the label should have the album in all potential markets.I'm in NZ and quite frankly I'm pissed and dissapointed that I cant just go out and buy it like any normal Mike fan.It sux.
Down Under Offline

Posted: June 05 2003, 03:39

Besides, how much more would it cost in shipping to Australia using Amazon?  It's a cost we wouldn't have to incur if the expected local distribution took place.  :/
Profile PM 
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: June 05 2003, 15:44

The other thing to remember with ordering online is that it adds to the sales figures of the country you're buying from rather than that of your own, which will mean the record company will be more likely to expand their promotion in that market rather than that of your home country.
Of course, sometimes it's obvious that they're never going to release it where you are, and then ordering online becomes the only realistic option (though there's no harm in pestering the record company a bit).

Of course, I say all this, but haven't always practised what I preach - I did buy both Tres Lunas and The Millennium Bell DVD from Germany rather than the UK, due to the fact that I couldn't be bothered waiting for Warner to get their act together with release dates. It actually only cost me, including postage, about the same as it would have done buying in the UK. Their postage charges to Australia may be less than you imagine...
Profile PM 
9 replies since May 28 2003, 22:05 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net