Our Father 12  [18.75%]
Rocky 4  [6.25%]
Sunset 12  [18.75%]
My own umyx mix 2  [3.12%]
Pres de toi 0  [0.00%]
Guests cannot vote
Pages: (2) < 1 [2] >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: What song have you played most?, The Light album< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
MusicallyInspired Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: Nov. 22 2005, 10:45

Toss up between Angelique and Our Father. But I think I've played Our Father more often.

--------------
BrandonBlume.com
"The beauty in life is in the embracing of the variety of things. If all the world was blue there would be no colour blue."
Profile PM WEB 
Holger Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Nov. 22 2005, 15:58

While I like most of them, First Steps is easily the one I've played the most.
Profile PM 
Matt Offline

Group: Admins
Posted: Nov. 23 2005, 08:09

Sunset, partly because I love it and partly because my son loves it as well. Any CD on in the car he will try and forward to track 8 regardless of wether it is "light" or not!

I was interested in the dog video story. The imagery that comes to my mind with Sunset is very similar (death and sadness but looking back at positives). Wonder why this is so general? I guess the name of the song might start the same mental image in most people?

--------------
"I say I say I say I say, what's got three bottles and five eyes and no legs and two wheels"
Profile PM 
Lin Offline

Posted: Nov. 23 2005, 09:34

Definitely First Steps. Starts slowly, but builds up and explodes reaching the end. ;)
Profile PM 
El Bosnia Offline

Posted: Nov. 23 2005, 11:38

Quote (qjamesfloyd @ Nov. 15 2005, 03:53)
I play the whole light CD more than Shade, as i think it's so much better, and Sunset is amazing.

Agree  :D  Sunset is outstanding and adds a superb ending to the CD.
It's difficult to put it into words but every time I hear it I close my eyes and I can "see" the sunset. The first time I heard it really moved me.

--------------
"Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering"
"Anger, fear, aggression. The dark side are they. Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny"
Profile PM 
Sweetpea Offline

Posted: June 07 2007, 01:49

Last week, I would have said "First Steps", but lately I've been totally into "Angelique" with its incredibly beautiful melody. When I U-MYXed "Angelique", I stripped it down to piano, guitars, bass (love this bass!), and pads.

--------------
"I'm no physicist, but technically couldn't Mike both be with the horse and be flying through space at the same time? (On account of the earth's orbit around the Sun and all that). So it seems he never had to make the choice after all. I bet he's kicking himself now." - clotty
Profile PM 
Tubular ireland Offline

Posted: Oct. 18 2007, 08:34

Angelique Rocks!!!!!!!!!!
Profile PM 
CuNimb Offline

Posted: Oct. 18 2007, 09:09

I voted for Sunset but it usually makes me well up with tears. Like Billbobaggins I lost a dog (my beloved Golden Retriever) to cancer. It makes me remember him fondly, but even nearly 2 years later, it's still very raw.
I now have two more Goldens but I still think of Ben each time I hear Sunset..god bless him...

--------------
Happy? ha ha ha....
Profile PM 
bsod Offline

Posted: Nov. 01 2007, 17:23

I simply love "Closer". The guitar parts are fabulous!
Profile PM WEB 
olracUK Offline

Posted: Nov. 01 2007, 19:07

Well, on disc 2 I chose Romance as my ringtone. So I've "played" that the most as I hear it nearly every day.

--------------
The answer is 42 - but what is the question?
Profile PM 
Bill Bobaggins Offline

Posted: Nov. 01 2007, 19:12

Quote (CuNimb @ Oct. 18 2007, 09:09)
I voted for Sunset but it usually makes me well up with tears. Like Billbobaggins I lost a dog (my beloved Golden Retriever) to cancer. It makes me remember him fondly, but even nearly 2 years later, it's still very raw.
I now have two more Goldens but I still think of Ben each time I hear Sunset..god bless him...

I am sorry for your loss.  It has been years since I lost my furkids, and I still think about them every single day.  Maybe Ben and my three girls are running and playing together across the bridge.

I don't know why, but the very first time I heard Sunset, it made be think of them.  I can't listen to it without crying.  It just conjures up such sweet memories.  I also think the title of the song is appropriate.  As far as I'm concerned, the song will always be a memorial for my beloved greyhounds (and your Ben, too).

By the way, I went back and read my earlier post.  Gabrielle, the one who was scheduled for surgery, did make it through, only to live another few months.  She fought long and hard until one day she just could no longer get up off the floor.  Putting her down was the hardest thing I've ever had to do.  Being able to listen to Mike's music has been a godsend.

--------------
Speak friend and enter.
Profile PM 
SoimSandheaver Offline

Posted: Dec. 17 2007, 21:28

For me, it has to be First Steps. This is mainly because it reminds me of his sidelongs. It is a lovely track, and it occasionally has emotional climaxes that I really love. This one is closely followed by Blackbird and Rocky.

However, Angelique would have been so much better had it not been for the dodgy electrical vocals. Whenever I go on U-Myx, I get rid of the vocals altogether, and suddenly, I love the track so much more.

--------------
"Three blokes go into a pub, one of them's a little bit stupid, then the whole scene unfolds, with a tedious inevitability."
Profile PM 
MauroSV Offline

Posted: Dec. 23 2007, 12:27

For me it's "Angelique"
Profile PM 
lordlucan Offline

Posted: Mar. 09 2013, 07:26

Quote (CuNimb @ Nov. 15 2005, 02:32)
None. I don't like any of them! :/

For me it was "Angelique" until earlier today when I properly discovered "Closer". I've had that one on repeat for the last few hours. It's just lovely!
Profile PM 
MasterGeek.MX Offline

Posted: July 09 2013, 01:42

Angelique and Our Father.

I play much Minecraft, and angelique is the perfect soundtrack for an sky floating quartz city.

And, for some reason, I once dreamed with Our Father  :O

--------------
Hailings from a Mexican Mike Oldfield's fan.

Y chingue su madre el que no le guste Campanas Tubulares!
Profile PM 
andromeda Offline

Posted: Sep. 10 2013, 06:49

Angelique, though as others have said, even better without the electro voice  :D
Profile PM 
35 replies since Nov. 14 2005, 20:49 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (2) < 1 [2] >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net