Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: What organ sound are they using on this recording?, Farfisa maybe?< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Kiwwy Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Feb. 26 2013, 06:30

This is the song I'm thinking about. There is an instumental break starting at 2.02 where the organ is in the foreground:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2e8VgBbc4M

--------------
TB Ultimate #363
Platinum #101
QE2 #749
Profile PM 
Scatterplot Offline

Posted: Feb. 26 2013, 13:25

That song is funny as hell. It sounds mid 60's with the cheezy quality of the recording. My guess is it's a Vox Continental or Vox Jaguar. Is that song Korean or Japanese, etc? I used to hear stuph like that when I lived in Taiwan from '66 to '69 while my dad was busy helping to win the cold war. I'm going to throw the dice and bet Vox Jaguar(more low budget than the continental and my sister had one, I had fun flip-flop multitracking with it circa 1971 between an old 8 track cartridge recorder and a cassette recorder). See it here:

--------------
We raise our voices in the night
Crying to heaven
And will our voices be heard
Or will they break Like the wind
Profile PM 
Kiwwy Offline

Posted: Feb. 26 2013, 16:31

Quote (Scatterplot @ Feb. 26 2013, 14:25)
That song is funny as hell. It sounds mid 60's with the cheezy quality of the recording. My guess is it's a Vox Continental or Vox Jaguar. Is that song Korean or Japanese, etc?

Its cambodian actually. Its probably very late 60s. It would have to have been recorded before 1975, as the Khmer Rouge started killing everyone around that time anyway.

But thanks for the picture, very funny to see :D

--------------
TB Ultimate #363
Platinum #101
QE2 #749
Profile PM 
2 replies since Feb. 26 2013, 06:30 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net