Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: What is being said?< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Yoshimitsu Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Aug. 13 2002, 02:52

Hi everyone this is my first post on this forum.

I was wondering what is being said between 26:07 and 26:23 of Amarok?

Is there any significance with the pouring, drinking, sighing, brushing of teeth, scratching etc between 15:57 up to when a glass is smashed at 18:00.

I realise there is the F#$% off RB in Morse code played on the guitar at 23:17-23:20 but is there anything else that has further meaning hidden within this title?

For example I have heard that the significant changes in loudness at times and sharp forceful sounds are there, at least in part, because Mike wanted to do some damage to Richards ear drums when he listened to it, is this right???

If these questions have been asked and answered previously, please forgive me, I am getting through the archives this forum slowly…
Profile PM 
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: Aug. 13 2002, 17:17

You'll find info about what's said during that section in the FAQ (part of it is him reading out that 'tracklisting' there).

I don't think that there is any significance in the activities from 15:57 onwards - it seems like they're chosen to create a relaxed feel, though, which is broken along with the glass. That then fits in with the general idea of the album having calm broken by chaos, which does relate to him wanting to annoy people at Virgin. You can read more about that in the discography.

Welcome to the forums (or fora to be completely correct ;) )
Profile PM 
1 replies since Aug. 13 2002, 02:52 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net