Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (2) < 1 [2] >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: What do you think about Mont, About Mont St Michel< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
bugular tell Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Mar. 03 2006, 14:10

MSM is very  "film soundrack" almost like an advert for Mike to say, hey i can do cinematic scores, but that aside i do love this track and have been listening in the car for the last few days, as i can listen to the entire album on a trip to work, i find it quite up beat, sad, music to reflect to, the more i listen to Voyager as a whole the more it stands out as a rather beautiful album  :cool:

--------------
Light travels faster than sound, thats why some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Profile PM 
Tansy Offline

Posted: Mar. 05 2006, 05:15

Quote (Q! @ April 17 2004, 19:16)
i love it, it's awesome. too bad the rest of the album is not even half as good.

Voyager album does seem to bring a lot of mixed reviews,but personaly I love the entire album.It really gets to me emotionaly somehow.Can understand how MSM reminds of movie sountracks though,thought this myself but what a fantastic piece of music it is. Please M.O just one more new little Celtic composition ;)  :cool:
Profile PM 
MrKeith Offline

Posted: July 21 2006, 08:32

Was listening to Voyager on my way to work this morning and I have to say it is a much overlooked gem of an album, with Mont St. Michel being the highlight.

The orchestration is wonderful and tugs at my heart strings. Amongst the most classical of Mike's work, for me, it truly is a thing of beauty.
Profile PM 
Piltdownboy on horseback 22 Offline

Posted: July 21 2006, 13:48

Yeah, along with Wild Goose the best track from the album.
I never understood why it was so unpopular in the polls we had a while back (ooh, still miss those sometimes ;) )

Funny name that bloke has that started the thread  :p  :laugh:  :laugh:

--------------
"And now we're going to play Platinum!"
Profile PM 
Jesse Offline

Posted: April 30 2009, 15:48

I was there this month ;)
enjoy
Profile PM 
Drealm Offline

Posted: Sep. 03 2010, 19:09

Quote (Piltdown_Man @ April 17 2004, 18:42)
What do you think about this beautiful piece of music? In my opinion this is the best composition in this album. It is made with big impetus, full of fantastic meldies. I love it. I think it should take more minutes, for example 20:) What do you think abou it?

The reason I'm writing this is because I just listened to Voyager and each time after Mont St-Michel I think "this song is one of Mike's greatest masterpiece".

Voyager is never in the top albums fans like most, but we must never forget how great Mont St-Michel is. If you're not sure, just give it a listen right now. And realize how masterful this song is. Pure Mike Oldfield inspiration.
Profile PM 
25 replies since April 17 2004, 18:42 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (2) < 1 [2] >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net