Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (301) < ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 ... >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: What are you playing this very second?, Just name the artist and track!< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
arron11196 Offline

Group: Members
Posted: May 11 2005, 08:24

The City - Vangelis

An entirely interesting piece. I feel it exactly and definitively envokes the feelings of 24 hours in any super large city. A sheer musical-descriptiveness triumph - I don't think I've found anything else which can match it, except perhaps 'Sahara' from Sky Vol. 2. Both works are so transparent, so work very well as a method of carrying the statement.

--------------
Arron J Eagling

Everyone's interpretation is different, and everyone has a right to that opinion. There is no "right" one, I am adding this post to communicate my thoughts to share them with like-minded souls who will be able to comment in good nature.

(insert the last 5 mins of Crises here)
Profile PM 
SHINE Offline

Posted: May 11 2005, 13:00

Peter Kater & Carlos Nakai : Improvisations in Concert
Track 1: "Grace"
Peter Kater plays the piano and Carlos Nakai, American indian flute and vocals, even if their music is almost instrumental
Profile PM 
amarokian Offline

Posted: May 11 2005, 13:33

To sum up everything I've listened in one day,cause I listen to lot of music,I won't refer to what I am listening THIS VERY second,but to what my last album(I listen a whole album,not just bits of pieces) or what albums were listened in this day.

Vangelis - Soil Festivities (1986)

--------------
These posts are hazardous to the health of cloth-eared nincompoops.If you suffer from this condition after you read my posts,consult your doctor immediately.
Profile PM 
alextiuniaev Offline

Posted: May 11 2005, 13:50

U2 - Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
Profile PM 
Baggiesfaninessex Offline

Posted: May 11 2005, 14:49

Quote (Alan D @ May 09 2005, 17:42)
Puccini - highlights from Madama Butterfly.

As I listen to this I wonder why I ever bother listening to anything else. The tunes seem to be the finest tunes I've ever heard, the singing seems so amazing that I don't understand how mere human beings can do it, and the whole takes me to levels of emotional response that no other music ever manages.

Alan - a beautiful description if I may say so and one which has prompted me to part with a little hard-earned to invest in this bargain.

--------------
“A dog is not intelligent. Never trust an animal that's surprised by its own farts.” - Frank Skinner
Profile PM 

Posted: May 11 2005, 15:05

Quote (moonchildhippy @ May 10 2005, 21:21)
Quote (T4 @ May 10 2005, 22:41)
Just a quickie as having left the house at 0605hrs, I have only just got home at 2230hrs and I'm shattered! But, I just had to say that if you enjoy Karnataka, then you'll love Mostly Autumn too.

Last week I received their latest special edition CD - Storms Over Still Water - and it is a masterpiece; their best yet. Very Floyd!

NP (you guessed it): Mostly Autumn - Storms Over Still Water

Go on T4, take a day off work, you deserve it.

Have been onto the Mostly Autumn website, heard some of the music samples so far so good, think I'll have to treat myself some when I get some money, this bloke called Bill keeps taking it. hehheee!!! Thanks for link to website,interesting.    I'm not playing any music now, as I'm about to go to bed  :zzz:, after I've finished this post (if I don't keep getting  interrupted

Earlier I've been playing:-

Robert Plant -Mighty Rearranger (surprise, surprise, hahahhaaa!!!;))
Queen - A Night At The Opera
Mike Oldfield - Incantations
The Very Best Of Kevin Ayres  
:)

Fancy a job as my boss Moonchildhippy?  ;)

I'm glad you enjoyed the samples on the Mostly Autumn web-site. It also sounds as though you had a great evening of music judging by your selection.

NP: Steve Hackett - Voyage of the Acolyte

Genesis guitarist Steve Hackett was the first member of the band to cut a solo record. Following Peter Gabriel's departure, Hackett, along with brother John and the Rutherford/Collins rhythm section, recorded this record and it provides a first hand listen to a guitarist that more often than not sat low in the mix.

"Ace of Wands" has the flair of Genesis, but is uniquely his own. Hackett layers on the guitars - acoustic, backwards, fuzzed. "A Tower Struck Down" is a quirky instrumental tour-de-force, aided by the keyboards of John Acock. The album contains several acoustic numbers, demonstrating Hackett's prowess on nylon strings and he even takes a crack at singing (unfortunately) on the pastoral "The Hermit".

The icing on the cake are "Star of Sirius" and "Shadow Of The Hierophant", the former featuring Phil Collins and the latter with Sally Oldfield on vocals respectively. "Shadow Of The Hierophant" is highlighted by its rising symphonic refrain.

Whether you are a fan of Genesis, great guitar playing or prog rock in general (or indeed, all three), then this album is worth a listen if you haven't had the pleasure already!
;)

--------------
“A dog is not intelligent. Never trust an animal that's surprised by its own farts.” - Frank Skinner
Profile PM 
Alan D Offline

Posted: May 11 2005, 15:16

Quote (T4 @ May 11 2005, 19:49)
Alan - a beautiful description if I may say so and one which has prompted me to part with a little hard-earned to invest in this bargain.

Thank you - actually it was a straight, from the heart description of what was happening to me as I was listening.

And the glorious thing, T4 - is that even if you don't like it, you've only lost four quid and that even includes postage! I can't think of many other bargains where the stakes are so low and the potential reward so high....

At the moment I'm listening to an Alanis Morissette soundboard bootleg of a live show from Cologne last month. My ears have almost completely stopped distorting and ringing now since her Manchester show two weeks ago, when her sound equipment went thermonuclear. So this is the first time I've been able to hear how good she might have been, if you get my drift. Pretty damn good, is the answer.
Profile PM 
Ugo Offline

Posted: May 11 2005, 16:34

Presently spinnin' on my player: Peter Tchaikovski - Symphony No. 6, also known as "Pathétique". A terribly sad, but also terribly beautiful piece of music. :)

--------------
Ugo C. - a devoted Amarokian
Profile PM 
moonchildhippy Offline

Posted: May 11 2005, 17:06

Quote (T4 @ May 11 2005, 20:05)
[quote=moonchildhippy,May 10 2005, 21:21][quote=T4,May 10 2005, 22:41]Just a quickie as having left the house at 0605hrs, I have only just got home at 2230hrs and I'm shattered!

Go on T4, take a day off work, you deserve it.

Fancy a job as my boss Moonchildhippy?  ;)

If it pays well enough,  after all I've got to  keep myself  in music  :) , and life's other little pleasures ;) .

Have just  been playing Uriah Heep "Gypsy", on good old fashioned LP.

Now having my ears blasted by Frank Zappa.  No matter how many times my husband has tried to convert me into FZ, I can't get into his music   :/ .

Re Uriah Heep - Prog rock band, various members were in a band called "The Gods"c.1967/8 with Greg Lake from King Crimson and Emerson, Lake and Palmer, and also Mick Taylor, soon to join the Rolling Stones.  Made his debut with the Stones at the Hyde Park Free Concert in 1969.  Other members of Uriah Heep have included John Wetton ex King Crimson, and many more,also Trevor Bolder, bassist for David Bowie, during his "Ziggy Stardust " incarnation.

Frank Zappa has now finished         :).  NP Kevin Ayres "Stranger In Blue Suede Shoes"

--------------
I'm going slightly mad,
It finally happened, I'm slightly mad , just very slightly mad

If you feel a little glum to Hergest Ridge you should come.

I'm challenging  taboos surrounding mental health

"Part time hippy"

I'M SUPPORTING OUR SOLDIERS

BRING OUR TROOPS HOME NOW!!
Profile PM 
olracUK Offline

Posted: May 11 2005, 19:12

sky - homemade compilation.

it takes 5 (including a world recognised classical guitar genius, one of the best session bass players and a purcussionist from a symphony orchestra) to get close to mikes level of classical/rock playing.

plus, a part of "WHERE OPPOSITES MEET" is a direct quote from TB opening theme.

still good stuff tho'

--------------
The answer is 42 - but what is the question?
Profile PM 
dkaycom Offline

Posted: May 11 2005, 19:34

Mike And The Mechanics - Nobody's perfect

....followed by The Human League - Being boiled (Fast Version)

...sometimes I'm in this mood
:)

--------------
Bootlegs should be shared not sold.
(BlackCottonMafia)

Find more tubular sounds at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Incantations/
Profile PM WEB 
theweightless Offline

Posted: May 12 2005, 05:43

gary moore - drowning in tears :O

--------------
ASMK
Profile PM 
Tansy Offline

Posted: May 12 2005, 10:02

Quote (olracUK @ May 11 2005, 19:12)
sky - homemade compilation.

it takes 5 (including a world recognised classical guitar genius, one of the best session bass players and a purcussionist from a symphony orchestra) to get close to mikes level of classical/rock playing.

plus, a part of "WHERE OPPOSITES MEET" is a direct quote from TB opening theme.

still good stuff tho'

I used to have "masterpeices" (very best of sky) or something like that.At the time I can remember my friends scoffing at my taste in music when they heard it.As far as my recollection goes there were a few tracks that didnt impress me so much but,the rest more than made up for this.Would be interesting to know what you have on your compilation? But agree M.O is in a class of his own.
Profile PM 

Posted: May 13 2005, 14:00

Mark Dwane - Monuments of Mars

Mark Dwane creates electronic music on guitar, using the full capabilities of midi guitar technology. Every sample and keyboard voice you hear is played or triggered by a MIDI guitar. This approach makes Dwane's music more expressive than most artists and makes for breathtaking CDs, full of powerful melodies, soaring anthemic themes, melodic rhythms and an overall fresh approach to electronic music composition.

--------------
Profile PM 
Ugo Offline

Posted: May 13 2005, 14:39

Hans Zimmer featuring Heitor T. Pereira - Nyah and Ethan, a great flamenco-like track.
I'll send an mp3 [not of this - whatever he/she likes!! :)] to the first one who guesses what soundtrack is this from. :)

--------------
Profile PM 

Posted: May 13 2005, 14:46

Quote (Ugo @ May 13 2005, 14:39)
Hans Zimmer featuring Heitor T. Pereira - Nyah and Ethan, a great flamenco-like track.
I'll send an mp3 [not of this - whatever he/she likes!! :)] to the first one who guesses what soundtrack is this from. :)

Mission Impossible 2

And if you like that Soundtrack, you'll love 'Pacific Heights'!! Zimmer at his best  :)

--------------
Profile PM 
Ugo Offline

Posted: May 13 2005, 15:58

Well done, T4. Please PM me and tell me what song would you like me to send you [no unknown artists, please! :D] and I'll send it to you straight away. ;)

--------------
Profile PM 
hiawatha Offline

Posted: May 13 2005, 16:12

That went too quick. I was going to google it, win the quiz, and DEMAND an immediate MP3 file of "Quicksilver". Barring that, and the anger of Mike Oldfield, I would have settled for an MP3 of "The Sicilian Defense" by the old Alan Parsons Project.

--------------
"In the land of the Dacotahs,
Where the Falls of Minnehaha
Flash and gleam among the oak-trees,
Laugh and leap into the valley."
- Song of Hiawatha
Profile PM 
familyjules Offline

Posted: May 13 2005, 16:36

Quote (Alan D @ May 11 2005, 15:16)
At the moment I'm listening to an Alanis Morissette soundboard bootleg of a live show from Cologne last month. My ears have almost completely stopped distorting and ringing now since her Manchester show two weeks ago, when her sound equipment went thermonuclear.

Well, if you will insist on going to those punk rock concerts, Alan....

;)

Jules

--------------
I like beer and I like cheese
Profile PM 
Ugo Offline

Posted: May 13 2005, 16:43

@ Hiawatha: as far as I know, those two albums don't exist. One has yet to come out, the other never did. :) So I can't send you something that doesn't exist, can I? :D
However, I may send you everything else that you like by AP
or the APP. ;)

--------------
Profile PM 
6009 replies since April 23 2005, 14:31 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (301) < ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 ... >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net