Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (301) < ... 285 286 287 288 289 [290] 291 292 293 294 295 ... >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: What are you playing this very second?, Just name the artist and track!< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
3Wheeler Offline

Group: Members
Posted: April 19 2012, 03:17

Flood and a Fire -  Gemma Ray  ...

Off the New Album "Island Fire"    Yep and Its Good..  Not Many Girls Singing about subjects among others like Trench Warfare to my Best knowledge..  

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AcFaNWlgMro

--------------
We're Flying Aeroflot, We've Got Reservations.
Profile PM 
Cavalier (Lost Version) Offline

Posted: April 19 2012, 10:54

Those poor defenceless Beatles!  For shame! :D

Not that it's ever been mandatory to venerate them.  You weren't Beatles or Stones for no reason, back in the day, and you wouldn't have championed The Doors or The Kinks or Zappa or Hendrix if you still held a candle for the Fab Four alone.  I can't tell you what to hear, HR, but I get progression with the Beatles ( ! ), and Brian Wilson certainly did.  Pet Sounds was , in part, a response to Rubber Soul.  Unbeknownst to the Boys, the Beatles were already knee-deep in Revolver; the release of that inspired the attempt at SMiLE and one of several reasons why that was postponed was the stunned reaction to Sergeant Pepper, which owed no small debt to the Beatles awe of Pet Sounds...
'
Anyhoo, I'm currently on the Piano Ensemble's Tubular Bells Part 1.  It's my sleeping music this week so not made it through either version yet.  Only opiniion so far is I think they could have done a better job of the stabs in the introduction :)

--------------
"Who was that?"
"That was Venger - the force of Evil!  I am Dungeon Master - your guide in the realm of Dungeons & Dragons!"
Profile PM 
Scatterplot Offline

Posted: May 05 2012, 14:04

My Webpage

One of my fav. songs of all time. But -ONLY- the studio version. Jon Camp was my fav. bass player of all time, don't know what became of him. He admitted to seeing YES in 1970 and getting a Rickenbacker bass because of him. I think he surpassed him. Any live recording of this has no guitar solo and is replaced by Annie Haslam noodling around(which got worse with age). But as it stands, the studio version is a tear jerker.
Jimbo

--------------
We raise our voices in the night
Crying to heaven
And will our voices be heard
Or will they break Like the wind
Profile PM 
Scatterplot Offline

Posted: May 05 2012, 14:06

oops.....RE: him....that would be Chris Squire.

--------------
Crying to heaven
Profile PM 
Cavalier (Lost Version) Offline

Posted: May 06 2012, 06:25

Thanks to Scatterplot - great song, and saving me from the guilt of killing off the longest thread going... :/

Same CD in my machine, still not stayed awake for more than a few minutes but if the ensemble should read this and take offence, it happens to everyone in my collection.  Far too often, I leave sleep til the last moment.

Gaming is one cause - since March, that's included my first Guitar Hero games.  Few greater pleasures that throwing shapes to this with a plastic guitar!!! I flew appreciatively past this on lead/rhythm, and have grown into its charms since it came up on Career bass.  If I ever assemble the drum kit, I suspect I'll get another significant little kick of satisfaction, seeing as whom I'll be copying.  On drums at a 30th anniversary concert, as he was on the original recording - take it away, Simon!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DrqS6uKZf10

--------------
"Who was that?"
"That was Venger - the force of Evil!  I am Dungeon Master - your guide in the realm of Dungeons & Dragons!"
Profile PM 
Ugo Offline

Posted: May 07 2012, 17:51

What is this, you may ask. It's the Beach Boys' "Good Vibrations" EP CD, I answer. :D Released in 2006 for the 40th anniversary of the original single, it includes not two, not three, but five versions of "Good Vibrations": original 45-rpm (the best one - with the organ interlude, the 'hum-de-dum' vocals and everything else), session highlights, alternate take (weird), instrumental (i.e. just the backing track, in stereo - perfect for karaoke! :D) and a live concert rehearsal from 1967, plus the single's original B-side, "Let's Go Away for A While", a nice jazzy piece. I love this song, one of the Boys' absolute best ones. The worst thing that Brian Wilson ever did to it in 2004 was using another set of lyrics on the verses. I don't care whether those were the oriiginal lyrics written by Tony Asher for Pet Sounds, or whether Mike Love wrote some other lyrics afterwards. What I know is that, to me, the lyrics on the original 1966 single are just perfect, and that the lyrics sung by Brian on his SMiLE reconstruction from 2004 make the whole thing too psychedelic - which, I think, is totally unnecessary for a song like this. :) "And she's already working on my brain"?? C'mon, Brian, I do know what was working on your brain at the time. And it was definitely not a girl. :D

--------------
Ugo C. - a devoted Amarokian
Profile PM 
larstangmark Offline

Posted: May 08 2012, 16:08

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFi0xttE2Lw

Not easy to get into. You really have to listen and get used to it. I'm currently in love with everything Alan Gowen ever played on in his all to short career.

--------------
"There are twelve people in the world, the rest are paste"
Mark E Smith
Profile PM WEB 
theweightless Offline

Posted: May 10 2012, 00:39

Hurt - The Crux :music:

--------------
ASMK
Profile PM 
oblique Offline

Posted: May 10 2012, 05:28

The Kyteman Orchestra - Angry at the world.

--------------
"While we are alive we should sit among colored lights and taste good wines, and discuss our adventures in far places; when we are dead, the opportunity is past." - Jack Vance
Profile PM 
Scatterplot Offline

Posted: May 14 2012, 10:56

I keep getting these emails from Annie Haslam for years now promoting her art 'n shit and now I get this video. Interesting. I've heard some interesting but nothing-to-write-home-about output from the latest incarnation of Renaissance in the last 3 or 4 years, now they offer this idea to get backers.....kinda funny but sucessfull. I'll check the album out. This is in no way an ad being put up on this site by me to promote a damn thing, just something funny to post. Looks like they almost doubled their goal. I hope we get to hear some electric guitar solos(maybe one of those younger dudes?) on this thing....

http://www.kickstarter.com/project....l-vento

--------------
Crying to heaven
Profile PM 
3Wheeler Offline

Posted: May 15 2012, 08:32

Here she is Singing "MoonlightShadow" not a a patch on Nolwenns or Maggies .. But all the Same its another Version..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=buucs8wFqhE&feature=related

--------------
Profile PM 
Scatterplot Offline

Posted: May 15 2012, 14:07

That vid did not work but I remember that album(bought on cassette in 1991 or 92). Haslam would have tie in's with so many prog bands after that album which included a  song with Justin Hayward, "The Angels Cry" which was very good except the background vocal was very corny. I sure did like her cover/tribute of Genesis "Ripples" and a YES song....I forget which song. I think it was from the YES album that had a man's butt on the cover. I tend to avoid albums that feature naked male asses. Too gay. Still....I think that Renaissance album coming might just be memorable. My question is, if -some of these- aging fat british rock acts are still cranking out product "once in a while".......what the hell is Mike's problem? My presence on this site is sparse mainly because of my frustration with nothing new from him. True. No bull. 59?? Better get with it! Life is something that.....well, when it's gone, it's gone.

--------------
Crying to heaven
Profile PM 
Milamber Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: May 16 2012, 22:30

So I guess your not into any "Tubular" action Jimbo  :laugh:
Profile PM 
larstangmark Offline

Posted: May 17 2012, 05:19

I agree about the "Going for the one" cover art!
But on the other side I can't name a good looking cover with a nude female but on it either. "Pros and cons of hitchhiking" is another awful cover which almost overshadows the music (which is pretty good). So a naked girls butt isn't much better when push comes to shove. At least not on a record sleeve.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVTWN6wulxM

--------------
"There are twelve people in the world, the rest are paste"
Mark E Smith
Profile PM WEB 
3Wheeler Offline

Posted: May 19 2012, 04:46

Birthday - Bird&theBee ..   I rate Inara up with Karen Carpenter but she is just working in a diff genre..   this Sounds like a Carpenters Song..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qy-XLrGsjRg

--------------
Profile PM 
Olivier Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: June 17 2012, 12:42

David Arnold + Michael Price (who did what?)

The Woman

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwIVuKSfdvo

It's one my favorite soundtrack track since Inception.
Profile PM 
HR lover Offline

Posted: June 19 2012, 10:27

Nena- 99 luft ballons

I love the power in her voice, so potent and passionate.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQYQTFudrqc

--------------
Neither a borrower nor a lender be,
For loan oft loses both itself and friend,
And borrowing dulls the edge of husbandry.
Profile PM 
3Wheeler Offline

Posted: June 28 2012, 03:11

Great Tk that Nena One..  

Just Bought "The House That Jack Built" . Jesca Hoops New Album
Quite a Few Brain Worm Tracks on it...   "Dig This Record"   Great Arrangement.

Albums on full Free Stream for A While I guess on this Link.   :cool:

http://music.aol.com/new-releases-full-cds/spinner#/17

--------------
Profile PM 
HR lover Offline

Posted: July 03 2012, 04:42

I'm listening to this song 5-10 times a day. It's driving my parents crazy!

I love this shit!

It's Madonna with 'Like a Virgin'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s__rX_WL100

What's this song about? I find the video enigmatic.

In the beginning she's wearing white and in the end she's wearing a black dress.

And the lion, what's that about?

--------------
Neither a borrower nor a lender be,
For loan oft loses both itself and friend,
And borrowing dulls the edge of husbandry.
Profile PM 
3Wheeler Offline

Posted: July 04 2012, 04:18

Observations - Ravonettes 1st time the Raveonettes  have really incorporated a Piano into One of there Songs and it works nicely. :cool:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUtN2CVZAY0

--------------
Profile PM 
6009 replies since April 23 2005, 14:31 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (301) < ... 285 286 287 288 289 [290] 291 292 293 294 295 ... >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net