Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (301) < ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 ... >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: What are you playing this very second?, Just name the artist and track!< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
amarokian Offline

Group: Members
Posted: May 21 2005, 06:52

Thanks,T4.I personnaly consider Journey Rick's greatest work,but Six Wives is,togheter with Journey,one of the four masterpieces of Wakeman's musical achievements...

Rick Wakeman - The Myths and Legends Of King Arthur And The
                     Knights Of The Round Table (1975)

-masterpiece number 3   ;)

Rick Wakeman - Rick Wakeman's Criminal Record (1977)
                     1984 (1981)

Rick Wakeman - Out There (2003)

-masterpiece number 4  ;)

--------------
These posts are hazardous to the health of cloth-eared nincompoops.If you suffer from this condition after you read my posts,consult your doctor immediately.
Profile PM 
olracUK Offline

Posted: May 21 2005, 18:46

Stone Roses..

Found the tape gathering dust and now can't stop playing it. Fantastic stuff. Whatever happened to them?

--------------
The answer is 42 - but what is the question?
Profile PM 
amarokian Offline

Posted: May 22 2005, 01:28

Edgar Froese - Epsilon In Malaysian Pale (1975)
                    Macula Transfer (1976)

--------------
These posts are hazardous to the health of cloth-eared nincompoops.If you suffer from this condition after you read my posts,consult your doctor immediately.
Profile PM 
amarokian Offline

Posted: May 22 2005, 09:45

Edgar Froese - Pinnacles (1983)
                   Ambient Highway Vol.1 (2003)

Mike Oldfield - The Complete Mike Oldfield (1985)  :)

--------------
Profile PM 
Baggiesfaninessex Offline

Posted: May 22 2005, 14:51

Lacrimosa - Lichtgestalt

Woohoo!! The new Lacrimosa album is released and it is even better than its predescessor 'Echos' - an album I thought they would never surpass. Tilo Wolff and Anne Nurmi have delivered another masterpiece.

On the surface it sounds very grave and gloomy. But because of the use of orchestral instrumentation (and lyrics from the Bible) and a voluminous choir, they are fast becoming the King and Queen of Goth Rock and Metal - without much metal to be honest! There are outbursts of guitars graduating into guitar solos, but the usual tendency is calm, almost introvert music. Very symphonic, at times very heavy. There are even a few snippets of growl vocals on here. But for all its variety, the whole album fits together very nicely indeed.

I appreciate this description is hardly going to sell the album but I have only listened twice so far and there is so much going on that it takes time to become familiar with the various styles and parts. However, what i do know for sure is that it is a brilliant album and comes highly recommended to fans of Gothic Rock/Metal, Symphonic Rock, Classical Rock and Progressive Rock.

--------------
“A dog is not intelligent. Never trust an animal that's surprised by its own farts.” - Frank Skinner
Profile PM 
Ratty Offline

Posted: May 22 2005, 16:03

Quote (olracUK @ May 21 2005, 23:46)
Stone Roses..

Found the tape gathering dust and now can't stop playing it. Fantastic stuff. Whatever happened to them?

Hey Olrac, thats a blast from the past..Stone Roses, Happy Mondays, New Order, Inspiral Carpets, Bridewell Taxis... You know, wouldnt be surprised if Mike took some of his Ibiza / dance influences from these guys...the Madchester Scene i seem to recall!!! Thats the beauty of this thread, i`ll be searching these out now.  :cool:

--------------
Far away across the field
The tolling of the iron bell
Calls the faithful to their knees
To hear the softly spoken magic spells
Profile PM 

Posted: May 23 2005, 14:56

The Sins of Thy Beloved - Lake of Sorrow

The Sins of Thy Beloved belong up amongst the highest ranks of Gothic metal way above the likes of Lacuna Coil who frankly play it far too safe when compared to TSOTB.

This album is very depressing. But for those of us that can handle it, it is absolutely beautiful. TSOTB are one of those few bands that dont just make music, they make feelings. The keyboards are used to great affect and the violins are incredible. One of the best Goth Metal releases around. There is a mixture of vocal styles - male growl, angelic female and spoken female. Amazing and very powerful stuff! :)

--------------
“A dog is not intelligent. Never trust an animal that's surprised by its own farts.” - Frank Skinner
Profile PM 
moonchildhippy Offline

Posted: May 23 2005, 19:34

Quote (T4 @ May 23 2005, 19:56)

The Sins of Thy Beloved belong up amongst the highest ranks of Gothic metal way above the likes of Lacuna Coil who frankly play it far too safe when compared to TSOTB.

This album is very depressing. But for those of us that can handle it, it is absolutely beautiful. TSOTB are one of those few bands that dont just make music, they make feelings. The keyboards are used to great affect and the violins are incredible. One of the best Goth Metal releases around. There is a mixture of vocal styles - male growl, angelic female and spoken female. Amazing and very powerful stuff! :)

NP '39 by Queen.

T4 Please forgive my ignorance, but are The Sins of Thy Beloved anything like Fields of the Nephillim?
I do sometimes FotN ,but I have to be in the right mood to listen to it.   I do find the Nephillim both beautiful and depressing at the same time.   ;)

--------------
I'm going slightly mad,
It finally happened, I'm slightly mad , just very slightly mad

If you feel a little glum to Hergest Ridge you should come.

I'm challenging  taboos surrounding mental health

"Part time hippy"

I'M SUPPORTING OUR SOLDIERS

BRING OUR TROOPS HOME NOW!!
Profile PM 
olracUK Offline

Posted: May 24 2005, 06:31

Another dusty album resurfaced (well, once into the depths of my old cardboard boxes it's hard to stop)..

Utah Saints -

If Mike wants to play around with vocal samples and dance beats, this is the example to follow.

And to be up to date, Nitin Sawheny - Philtre. Dead Man Walking is pretty cool..Moby with a twist of Asian influence.

--------------
The answer is 42 - but what is the question?
Profile PM 
TubularBelle Offline

Posted: May 24 2005, 10:23

GORILLAZ

DEMON DAYS

Fantastic!

--------------
I hate getting up early. I didn't even realise there were two 6 o'clocks in one day!
Profile PM 

Posted: May 24 2005, 15:02

Quote (moonchildhippy @ May 23 2005, 19:34)
Quote (T4 @ May 23 2005, 19:56)

NP '39 by Queen.

T4 Please forgive my ignorance, but are The Sins of Thy Beloved anything like Fields of the Nephillim?
I do sometimes FotN ,but I have to be in the right mood to listen to it.   I do find the Nephillim both beautiful and depressing at the same time.   ;)

To an extent, as they both fall into the Goth category. Although, I find TSOTB far more lush and symphonic than anything FOTN released. I'll perhaps try and get a sample to you as I don't think there are any available on the net.  :)

NP: Pink Floyd - The Wall

I think I'll skip the description of this one.......for obvious reasons  ;)

--------------
Profile PM 
hiawatha Offline

Posted: May 24 2005, 15:17

Quote (olracUK @ May 24 2005, 06:31)
Moby with a twist of Asian influence.

Would that be Turkish? Japanese? Indian? Siberian? Persian? Asia is a huge place.

--------------
"In the land of the Dacotahs,
Where the Falls of Minnehaha
Flash and gleam among the oak-trees,
Laugh and leap into the valley."
- Song of Hiawatha
Profile PM 
Ugo Offline

Posted: May 24 2005, 17:24

What does the name "Nitin" sound like to you, Hiawatha? To me it sounds Indian. :)

--------------
Ugo C. - a devoted Amarokian
Profile PM 
moonchildhippy Offline

Posted: May 24 2005, 17:48

Quote (T4 @ May 24 2005, 20:02)
Quote (moonchildhippy @ May 23 2005, 19:34)
[quote=T4,May 23 2005, 19:56]The Sins of Thy Beloved - Lake of Sorrow

To an extent, as they both fall into the Goth category. Although, I find TSOTB far more lush and symphonic than anything FOTN released. I'll perhaps try and get a sample to you as I don't think there are any available on the net.  :)

NP: Pink Floyd - The Wall

I think I'll skip the description of this one.......for obvious reasons  ;)

Thanks T4,

I'd never heard of The Sins Of Thy Beloved until last night.

Not playing any music now, husband has been blasting my ears with AC/DC.  Earlier I was playing Meddle by Pink Floyd and also Hergest Ridge original mix    :) .

--------------
I'm going slightly mad,
It finally happened, I'm slightly mad , just very slightly mad

If you feel a little glum to Hergest Ridge you should come.

I'm challenging  taboos surrounding mental health

"Part time hippy"

I'M SUPPORTING OUR SOLDIERS

BRING OUR TROOPS HOME NOW!!
Profile PM 
theweightless Offline

Posted: May 24 2005, 20:06

steve hackett - omega metallicus, great  :cool:

--------------
ASMK
Profile PM 
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Posted: May 24 2005, 20:20

Jean Michel Jarre - Equinoxe 4(Aero Version)

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
amarokian Offline

Posted: May 25 2005, 10:31

Jean Michel Jarre - Hong-Kong

--------------
Profile PM 
EeToN Offline

Posted: May 25 2005, 18:09

Quote (amarokian @ May 25 2005, 16:31)
Jean Michel Jarre - Hong-Kong

It's a great concert IMHO, I especially like the magnificent Magnetic Fields 2 from it.

--------------
If I were music, I would be Enigmatism.
Profile PM WEB 
RICHARDGORMLIE Offline

Posted: May 26 2005, 10:51

i am listening to enya- a day without rain
Profile PM 

Posted: May 27 2005, 15:11

Bekki Williams - Innersense

I received it this morning. This is Bekki's 3rd CD release - 8 years after 'Shadow of the Wind'. The music on this CD was never intended for release but was composed as a means of expressing the extreme emotions experienced following the break up of a relationship.

Luckily for me, I had a day off work today, so I put it in the car and started playing it on the way to the gym. By
the time I got there I was in pieces; never has an album (and moreover, one single track - A Breath Away) had such an immediate affect on me. The breathtaking beauty and emotion that was put into this record literally tore my heart out. I had to compose myself before going into the gym and all I can say is a huge thank you to Bekki for sharing such personal feelings with us through her music. To say I was waiting in anticipation of this album is an understatement but it has truly exceeded even my high expectations. I simply can't praise it enough!

This CD really deserves to be heard by a far wider audience.

Take a peek here, preview the album and read reviews too.

--------------
Profile PM 
6009 replies since April 23 2005, 14:31 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (301) < ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 ... >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net