Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Whale Festival (1978)< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
memberd Offline

Group: Members
Posted: June 07 2022, 06:11

Hello - I haven't been on this forum for years (decades?), but I came across an item in old Record Mirror dated 1 July 1978 which I though might interest as I can't see it mentioned anywhere else.

Mike ("clean-shaven"! ) took part in the 'Whale Festival' organised by Friends of the Earth, apparently Sunday 25 June 1978 ("last Sunday" according to the article).

Link: Record Mirror archive page

Interesting that he played (only?) D. Bedford compositions, accompanied by a choir.

Presumably this was post-Exegesis and pre-Incantations.

Anyone else have any more info?

Thanks.

--------------
"...inside, and the positions are reversed..."
Profile PM 
shenry Offline

Group: Members
Posted: June 09 2022, 12:28

Fascinating! So I am sure this is pre-Incantations. I suppose at this point he had only actually played Tubular Bells (of his own compositions) live in concert, so no surprise I suppose that he only played David Bedford stuff.

I would guess it was something from The Odyssey, given the fact he took part in the big concert of that a couple of years before, and it has a choir.

Pre- or post- exegesis? Hm. Someone with a better knowledge than me of the timeline might know. I'm guessing post- due to the haircut.

Are you on the Mike Oldfield fans facebook group (or one of them anyway)? Do you mind if I share this on there? Also maybe with the David Bedford page on Facebook.
Profile PM 
1 replies since June 07 2022, 06:11 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net