Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Were you in the audience, and can we see you?< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
TubularBelle Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Nov. 12 2005, 07:59

There is quite a lot of footage of the audience featured in the Exposed dvd LIVE concert. I was wondering if anyone has spotted themselves, and if you have, describe yourself and the moment you can be spotted. I especially would like to know who the enthusiastic young man with the dark hair standing in the front row next to the man in the suit is. He is having a ball!

And yes Mike does look and behave quite silly sometimes, especially during 'Guilty', although not as bad as another live performance I have seen of this song. And whats the story with all the crotch shots. I'm surprised any of those men had children with those tight jeans!! And the hairdos, eeek!!

But, very enjoyable footage, good to hear a different version of TB and Incantations was just brilliant. Is this the exact same music that is on the Exposed cd? Only watched it once so off to watch it again, ciao,

Tracy.

--------------
I hate getting up early. I didn't even realise there were two 6 o'clocks in one day!
Profile PM 
imhotep Offline

Posted: Mar. 07 2007, 19:36

It's funny to see the audience up-close like that. They are quite boring in the first half of the show though.
What's with the 'paper planes'??
Profile PM 
Piltdownboy on horseback 22 Offline

Posted: Mar. 09 2007, 08:04

shame we had no responses to TubularBelles' question...

Maybe the people in those concerts are now too old to use the computer  :p

--------------
"And now we're going to play Platinum!"
Profile PM 
Inkanta Offline

Group: Admins
Posted: Mar. 09 2007, 08:26

You're right--proportionally, the older Baby Boomer and Traditionalist generations have not been online as much as younger ones. That has been radically changing, though. An increasing number of the "less young" far older than Mike have wandered online in recent years. Studies suggest that women and men use the Internet in slightly different ways as do the generations. Purposes will probably equalize and you will see more and more of Mike's age cohort of both genders interacting through forums--maybe even here. :)

--------------
"No such thing as destiny; only choices exist." From:  Moongarden's "Solaris."
Profile PM 

Posted: Mar. 09 2007, 08:27

:)

--------------
Profile PM 
captainjjb Offline

Posted: Mar. 09 2007, 16:34

Too old for computers!  Cheeky Monkey!  Well I was at Manchester and used the paper planes too!  To be honest I am shocked to see the footage from London, they look so square!  I was a rocker at the time with Denim top and bottom, and 15 years old and was impressed mostly with Pierres vibe playing and Mike's strange way of playing electric guitar with his RHS fingers (this being the first time I'd ever watched him). I treasure these memories, believe me.
Profile PM 

Posted: Mar. 09 2007, 16:41

Hey that's cool!!

Did you make any pictures back then??
:)

--------------
Profile PM 
captainjjb Offline

Posted: Mar. 09 2007, 16:50

I wish.  But no, is the short answer.  

What Mike tried on that tour was just so so ambitious.  As a 15 year old I thought I'd found my true musical Utopia, the only problem is that no-one has ever done anything quite like it since!  I'm still waiting....
Profile PM 
maccafan Offline

Posted: May 19 2009, 16:30

I was at Manchester and was right at the front for the encoure.

Marcus, just joined
Profile PM 
The Caveman Offline

Posted: May 20 2009, 09:28

yes i was the chap in the suit in the front row who realises he has print on his hands after clapping with the newspaper in his hand.I may be lying as well.

My Dad cracked up when he saw that.He just sat there and said "My god! i rememebr people wearing suits to concerts".I was only 4 when this was filmed and all the gigs i've been to have been jeans and T-shirt jobs.Exposed is a facinating time capsule for late 70's audience fashion. :laugh:

--------------
THE COMING OF THE GREAT WHITE HANDKERCHEIF IS NIGH.
Profile PM 
Scatterplot Offline

Posted: May 20 2009, 10:02

No I was not in the audience and as such was not visible. Hey, the question implies negative responses are desired as well as positive yes? T-Belle, how are the Ferrets?
Jim

--------------
We raise our voices in the night
Crying to heaven
And will our voices be heard
Or will they break Like the wind
Profile PM 
wiga Offline

Posted: May 20 2009, 17:16

This is my non-verbal response to the question: -

--------------
Barn's burnt down - now I can see the moon.
Profile PM 
Inkanta Offline

Posted: June 09 2009, 19:06

We (my daughter, Kayleigh, and I) were wondering if any of you were the ones who goofed up the clapping and annoyed Mike?  :laugh:

--------------
Profile PM 
The Caveman Offline

Posted: June 11 2009, 09:24

That's funny cos on the LP version you can hear the same thing happening at the same time so presumably Mike got 'annoyed' every night of the tour.
 Flip side if he will make poly-rhythmic music then the audience is gonna get confused about when to and when not to clap! :laugh:

--------------
THE COMING OF THE GREAT WHITE HANDKERCHEIF IS NIGH.
Profile PM 
Inkanta Offline

Posted: June 12 2009, 22:31

Yeah--and if I were one of "those," I wonder if I'd want to admit to it, hahaha!  A few years ago I danced to the last 13 minutes or so of Part IV including that section (it was at Imbolc-St. Brigid's Jam), and the folks drumming along with the clapping were perfect--they didn't goof up once, and none of them had ever heard the piece before. But...suppose they had rhythm. (-: Oh, wait--I was sort of leading it all, dancing with zills, so they were probably taking my cue. But still, they were perfect! Mike would've been so proud. :D

--------------
Profile PM 
Lissandragaren3 Offline

Posted: Jan. 04 2019, 05:06

Haha, It looks pretty cool!!
Profile PM 
15 replies since Nov. 12 2005, 07:59 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net