Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Welcome back into space, Mike, There's still lots of room out here< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
nightspore Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Mar. 03 2021, 20:09

I read this story about SpaceX:

"Yusaku Maezawa, the first paying passenger to book a trip aboard SpaceX's (still in development) Starship spacecraft around the moon, has provided a promised update about his mission. It's still aiming for 2023 for a flight date, and the plan is still to fly a week-long trip around the moon and back. Now, however, Maezawa is looking for crewmates. The full passenger list will include 10 to 12 crew members, Maezawa said in a video about the announcement, but eight will be selected from the general public.

Back when the mission was first announced in 2018, Maezawa said that he wanted to bring between six and eight artists with him as co-astronauts, in order to inspire them to create art based on the experience."

What better choice for an artist than Mike Oldfield? I think a campaign should be started for Arthur Clarke's suggestion to be followed and for Mike to be launched into space, as a duty to his fans.
Profile PM 
bluemlein Offline

Group: Members
Posted: April 07 2021, 16:42

oh nightspore, i can't believe you might sacrifice mike to the weirdly discombobulating frazzlery that is spaceX!
Profile PM 
1 replies since Mar. 03 2021, 20:09 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net