Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Was there more concert of Exposed??, a tour or something??< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Tubularman Offline

Group: Awaiting Authorisation
Posted: Jan. 17 2006, 14:39

I just wonder, have there been more concerts of Exposed?
Like a tour?

I now got one, dated 02.05 1979....
Is this the same as the dvd concert or cd?

thanks  :)

--------------
Mike Oldfield M i x e s
https://soundcloud.com/tubularman
Profile PM WEB 
Inkanta Offline

Group: Admins
Posted: Jan. 18 2006, 00:15

Here is the concert schedule from the 1979 tour.

The double album was "recorded live in Spain, Germany, Belgium, Holland, Denmark, and England during March and April 1979." The DVD released in 2005 featured "the entire Wembley Conference Centre concert" (though there were a couple of concerts held at that venue). A few topics down in this forum, there is mention of a BBC recording, 25 April, which would have been at the conference centre (incidentally, it is a different venue than the arena--you can scope it out here). The centre would have been nearly new when Mike played there.

I thought I saw a post floating around several weeks ago regarding the 2 May 1979 concert date (Wembley Arena)--maybe it was in my head when I was trying to figure out the DVD concert date. I'm surfing/searching-challenged at the moment (beached! ) and cannot find hide nor hair of it. :/

Not sure I've been of any help here, but perhaps someone else can add to this. :)

--------------
"No such thing as destiny; only choices exist." From:  Moongarden's "Solaris."
Profile PM 
Tubularman Offline

Posted: Jan. 18 2006, 05:17

ahh thank you Inkanta :)
I only wonder if there have been a exposed tour and its looks like that. But i could not find anything about it in here I think i ive been lucky to get one concert from Exposed, and hopefully to find more. My Greek friend found it and we'll love to get more...

But thank you very much for answer..

and sorry for not have posted this right.. (off course this thread should be under exposed he he)
like now.

--------------
Mike Oldfield M i x e s
Profile PM WEB 
Inkanta Offline

Group: Admins
Posted: Jan. 18 2006, 08:46

Quote (Tubularman @ Jan. 18 2006, 04:17)
and sorry for not have posted this right.. (off course this thread should be under exposed he he)
like now.

Actually, this topic wasn't very easy to place--it was a question, so it could have gone in the Q & A forum. There was a certain rationale to that since it encompassed both the album/CD, which has its own forum, as well as the video recording component (which is why it spent a few minutes in Q & A). But then, I thought maybe it should be in one of the Exposed forums, so I moved it here thinking maybe it was more about video recordings of it. But....if it's more about sound recordings, it maybe be better off in the other Exposed forum.

--------------
"No such thing as destiny; only choices exist." From:  Moongarden's "Solaris."
Profile PM 
Tubularman Offline

Posted: Jan. 18 2006, 20:04

he he... not easy  ;)

--------------
Mike Oldfield M i x e s
Profile PM WEB 
David Mar Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Jan. 20 2006, 05:48

I've got a bootleg of the BBC Radio One Concert, and it's not the same performance as the DVD. It's great to spot the differences! I just wish I could get a much better quality version of the bootleg!
Profile PM 
Harmono Offline

Posted: Jan. 20 2006, 09:33

hi
I read somewhere that this tour was very expensive and  commercially a disaster, but I remember that Mike said that he didnt care because it was still good and great promotion for his music. Ofcourse with so many musicians and huge equipment it costs much but Im happy they did it.
Profile PM 
Tubularman Offline

Posted: Jan. 21 2006, 06:48

Quote (David Mar @ Jan. 20 2006, 11:48)
I've got a bootleg of the BBC Radio One Concert, and it's not the same performance as the DVD. It's great to spot the differences! I just wish I could get a much better quality version of the bootleg!

that the same one i got too.
The only one, and the quality is not so worst.
I will listen to it later, maybe its not quite worst at all (quality)
I can send it to you on sendit if it is good quality..

--------------
Mike Oldfield M i x e s
Profile PM WEB 
hairy old hippy Offline

Posted: Nov. 07 2007, 03:23

There is a spanish date from the tour and captured on film. The quality is a little scratchy though but I love it!. Look up 'Mike Oldfield Los Conciertos 79' in google video.

--------------
Listen to Mohribold; an epic musical tapestry that weaves between a multitude of genres.

Andrew Taylor's Mohribold album has proved very popular with fans of symphonic-rock, prog-rock, psych-folk and indeed Oldfield's classic albums!

www.andrewtaylor.bandcamp.com
Profile PM WEB 
Spinne Offline

Posted: Nov. 07 2007, 13:28

This recording on Google Video is a partial broadcast of (one of) the Madrid 79 shows. This is from the early tour and you can see Mike is wearing similar clothes than the other musicians (he is not wearing the jacket showed on the Exposed DVD). Also, the 'Ambient Guitars' part is much more similar to the studio version than the one on the official CD and DVD. This film is taken from a bootleg DVD. AFAIK, the spanish TV only broadcasted this two extracts, if they recorded the full show is unknown.

About the Wembley Conference Center, the official and the one broadcasted by the BBC should be different shows. You can hear differences (for example, the end of the final Guilty).
Profile PM 
9 replies since Jan. 17 2006, 14:39 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net