Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Voyager / The Songs Of Distant Earth 2 CD set< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Olivier Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: Oct. 06 2001, 12:33

WEA will release on Oct 16 a Voyager / The Songs Of Distant Earth 2 CD set. (Thanks, Tubular World)
Profile PM 
Thomas Höögh Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Oct. 07 2001, 11:51

Is there something special about these two albums? Remastered or something like that? Or is it just a trick to sell more albums? Does someone know anything about them.

--------------
Crazy, terrible, wonderful, perfect!!!!

I just love Tubular Bells |||
Profile PM WEB 
qqrp Offline

Posted: Oct. 07 2001, 16:41

nothing heard about new albums before. a cheat?
Profile PM 
Ludor Tudor Offline

Posted: Oct. 08 2001, 08:05

Typical Warner.... We take two album's - put them together - and make more money.....
I don't like them....

--------------
Kjell at oldfield.no
Why don't you have a try to win at the competition?
Profile PM WEB 
^NabLa^ Offline

Posted: Oct. 08 2001, 15:08

bah!

--------------
^NabLa^
Profile PM WEB 
Wojtek Offline

Posted: Oct. 08 2001, 16:46

Anybody seen the track listing? You're only supposing that there's nothig special or you know that? Maybe there's e.g. Spectral Army or sthg?
Profile PM 
tubularbills Offline

Posted: Oct. 08 2001, 18:01

I'm glad i'm not the only one who thought this release was a bit odd. What's the point? The 2 cds aren't even that really related.

this is kind of like that 3cd box set that had 3 albums just lumped together (this was a few years ago,i believe), not really having anything in common.

i guess it would be a deal if you didn't have either one of those CDs, but both of them have been out for years now. strange

--------------
Terrible, Wonderful, Crazy, Perfect.
Profile PM 
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: Oct. 08 2001, 20:48

They're repackaging them so they can be released as a new product. It's one of those attempts to keep Mike's music in the eyes of music buyers (as they may pay more attention to a new release, as would shops). Packaging them together also has the effect of making people buy two albums at once...

The price is cheap as well - I paid a similar price for each of those albums on their own. They may be doing this to shift copies of albums which aren't selling...

I'd not be annoyed at Warner for it. They are a business and at the end of the day, their aim is to make money. Them packaging these albums together is, to me at least, no worse than when supermarkets do a 'buy one of these and get one of those half price' deals (if you get what I mean). Sure it's the same old products, but if you happen to want those products, then it's a good deal for you and from their point of view, they may be getting you to buy something you'd not have bought otherwise, and they're clearing their shelves faster.
Profile PM 
GMOVJ Offline

Posted: Oct. 09 2001, 02:52

I bought OTB and Discovery in a double CD... These albums are not related at all, there are absolutly nothing new on them.
So I think it's exactly the same for V and TSODE... Markenting people only reduce music to a box of 'Tide' wink

Cheers GMOVJ

--------------
Cheers,
GMOVJ
[URL=http://tubular.fodplanet.com]http://tubular.fodplanet.com[/URL] - The french speaking mailing list
Profile PM WEB 

Unregistered

Posted: Oct. 09 2001, 19:34

Well, they're both great albums.
What happens if you buy this package is:
1. Warner makes more money
2. You would get even more MO music to love (provided you don't own them allready)
3. (If you own one of them allready) You will have a great gift for a good friend.
4. (Provided the product sells) We might get to see a REAL The Complete Mike Oldfield Collection. I know I would buy it.

Yeah, well.
I just know I will recommend it to all my friends, because, as I said, these are two great albums!
9 replies since Oct. 06 2001, 12:33 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net