Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (2) < 1 [2] >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Voyager< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
PICTURES IN THE DARK Offline

Group: Members
Posted: May 28 2004, 14:13

Oh gosh, Tati! The signed one is really wonderful!!!
Profile PM 
moonchildhippy Offline

Posted: Dec. 24 2004, 19:42

Embarrassed????  :/  Mike Oldfield fans embarrassed by the Voyager CD???? :/.  What IS the world coming to?  I'd be embarrased buying a CD by one of these boy bands,(I'd have to wear a paper bag on my head), even though I'd be buying it for my niece.  Well said Blue Dolphin.       :)    [B]

--------------
I'm going slightly mad,
It finally happened, I'm slightly mad , just very slightly mad

If you feel a little glum to Hergest Ridge you should come.

I'm challenging  taboos surrounding mental health

"Part time hippy"

I'M SUPPORTING OUR SOLDIERS

BRING OUR TROOPS HOME NOW!!
Profile PM 
Sysiyo Offline

Posted: Jan. 05 2005, 13:17

Quote (TOBY @ Aug. 27 2003, 13:05)
I have to say I think some of these  (like the front cover for example) are probably the most horribly pretentious pictures of him ever taken. I actualy felt embarrassed buying this CD, mind you I should have seen it as an omen before getting home and finaly listening to the music. The whole package was not Mike's finest hour.

I can't but agree. A friend of mine compared his looks on the album to a middle-aged version of He-Man. Buying an album with such a horrible artwork was embarrassing, I (suffering from a slight phobia of people in general) didn't actually dare to buy the album until on the third try. :/

That said, I do think the package in general is pretty nice. It's the front and back cover that look bad. The rest of the artwork I quite like.
Profile PM WEB 
moonchildhippy Offline

Posted: Feb. 09 2005, 18:06

I just thought I'd let you all know,  I've got this friend Diana, she's 60 on Monday(Valentines Day).  For her present I bought a copy of Voyager( She has some CD's /LP's of Mike's).  I saw DianaMondayevening 07/02and also earlier on today, she hasn't stopped playing it (she's terrible at opening presents early, but I didn't mind).  I was messing around with my computer and printer, trying to work out how to fill the whole page with a picture, instead of a picture only occupying a fraction of the page, to test it out I printed off my 3 personal favourite Voyager
photos of Mike (see posting by Tati the Sentinel on 23/08/03 at 04.23, 04.24 and 04.26am, sorry for not showing them here but as a newbie to this I haven't worked out how to upload them yet).

So I put the pictures into an empty tube, that previously had a bottle of Christmas ale and a pint glass in it.  Diana said that she would wait 'til tonight to open it, Isaid to her don't wait until
tonight, so we done some shopping and had a coffee. Diana was trying to guess what was in the tube.  Driving back to Diana's house she asked " Is it (a photo) of a naked man". Ireplied "Sort of" to which Diana replied"Getting warm" I said "yes".  Upon returning to her house Diana opened the tube and was over the
moon.  She's now going to get some frames.  So I think we spent much of the afternoon dicussing how gorgeous we thought those pics of Mike were, whilst listening to Voyager. Areally good time was had by all  :)  :) .  I think the Voyager CD
and my pictures made Diana's day :) .

--------------
I'm going slightly mad,

"Part time hippy"

Profile PM 
moonchildhippy Offline

Posted: Feb. 10 2005, 18:37

Well I don't know what happened, there's no pictures :/  :/  :/ .  I've yet to learn how to upload properly.

--------------
I'm going slightly mad,

"Part time hippy"

Profile PM 
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: Feb. 11 2005, 06:39

Was it a JPEG image that you uploaded? If it was, it doesn't look like it's one now! Remember that they also can't be bigger than 100k, otherwise the server rejects them.
Profile PM 
moonchildhippy Offline

Posted: Feb. 11 2005, 18:57

The picture I did try and post was definitely a jpeg picture.  I'm new to all this uploading so I may have done something wrong  :/ , I don't know.  

My friend Diana took the pics I printed off for her to her friend Barbara's house, as Barbara has a laminator.  I had aphone call from Di earlier on today,  Barbara said that she liked the pics. When Diana said the bloke in the pics was Mike Oldfield, Barbara said she didn't realise that he was sooo good looking!!!! :)  :) . I think it made Barbara's day.  The  (strictly unofficial) Mike Oldfield fan club is gaining momentum in Bedfordshire and Hertfordshire :)  :)  HeeheeeeHeeeee!!!!

--------------
I'm going slightly mad,

"Part time hippy"

Profile PM 
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Posted: Oct. 26 2005, 10:05

Old,old one...and gorgeous...oh,those arms
;)

Click to enlarge image
Click to enlarge image

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Posted: Nov. 16 2006, 17:24

Even on the back cover he takes my breath away as the Celtic Warrior...who had this wonderful idea for the Voyager cover ?

Click to enlarge image
Click to enlarge image

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
28 replies since Aug. 20 2003, 21:47 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (2) < 1 [2] >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net